Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Question for all Comic book fans?

Did you ever outgrow this argument of who would win a battle and just don't get into them anymore but care more about their story telling and character development? I remember many notorious rivalry battles as a kid that just wont go away though I admit, I used to take part in them as a teenager.

Buffy vs Blade

Goku vs Superman

Superman vs Sentry

Magneto vs Darth Vader

Batman vs Superman

Batman vs Iron Man

Dr Doom vs Darth Vader

Jedis vs Harry Potter Wizards

Dumbledore vs Gandalf

Throw in Alice in Wonderland vs Dorothy from Wizard of Oz

If you look back even as far back as the 90s, you would see passionate arguments from fans and how one character will beat this other character. they make it sound so real.

LOL. Here is the twist you learn when you get old. this characters are not real, the writers decide who wins, how a person can write an essay of 5000 words explaining how Goku can defeat superman, now scares the living **** out of me since I used to think it was cool in the 1990s.

the only thing I would say is real science did try to give us an honest clue of the strongest comic book characters with no bias or fantasy essay from passionate fan boys of the heroes and here is the list

https://movieweb.com/superman-best-superhero-science/

Superman is factually the strongest comic book character of all time and strongest male. Mystique takes it for female.

1) Superman

2) Wolverine

3) Mystique

4) Thor

5) The Flash

6) Spider-Man

7) Batman

8) The Lizard

9) Iron Man

10) Silver Surfer

Now wait till Dragon Ball Z fans argue that Sayins can destroy Moons and Suns and Superman needs the Sun to be Super.

I think as a now grown up fan of comics, I am more aghast about how Superman 3, Superman 4 and Dragon Ball GT and the Dragon ball film turned out than putting my comic book energy thinking that Goku can defeat Superman and vice versa.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-19-2021 at 04:02 PM.

How the hell did The Lizard make that list? LOL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    How the hell did The Lizard make that list? LOL
    What can we do about that now when the real scientists have spoken.

They lost me at Mystique.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

When the question is, "Who would win?" the answer is always, "Whoever the writer decides."

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I wonder if the X-men: Days of Future Past film influenced this ranking, as per that film's vague bullshit explanation, Mystique's DNA, when "unlocked," could basically cause her to adapt to/replicate all other mutants' powers. This would essentially put her at god-tier.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    When the question is, "Who would win?" the answer is always, "Whoever the writer decides."
    Or the editor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Did you ever outgrow this argument of who would win a battle and just don't get into them anymore but care more about their story telling and character development?
    Nobody ever outgrows that...anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Magneto vs Darth Vader
    Magneto. I mean Vader's totally getting wrecked, lol.

Batman vs Superman
    Superman, if he wants to actually beat Batman which he doesn't.

Batman vs Iron Man
    Batman.

Dr Doom vs Darth Vader
    Doom again. Seriously, Vader never won a battle in the Star Wars films in a fair fight against an evenly matched opponent.

Jedis vs Harry Potter Wizards
    Is this even a joke, the Jedi obviously. They can use the force without need of a wand.

Dumbledore vs Gandalf
    Gandalf is an actual Maiar, an Angelic being and unlike some people, he legit came back from the dead.

Throw in Alice in Wonderland vs Dorothy from Wizard of Oz
    Ooh...this is close. But I'll back Alice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Nobody ever outgrows that...anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.
    I will try to be logical and objective by giving good reasons of who I think will win based on the factual cannon events

1. Magneto for the reason that as powerful as the Force is, The Force cannot give Vader a new body and as long as Vader relies on machines and his suit is made of metal and irons. Magneto physically still has the advantage.

2, Superman will beat Batman and it is not a question.

3. Don't know who will win between Vader and Doom because I cannot remember much about Doom's power. I have not been into F4 in more than 25 years.

4. I am going with Wizards with this one. Additionally wizards in harry potter can do wandless magic but why I am going with Wizards is because Wizards have displayed more supernatural power feats than Jedis, I am basing this on HP and SW movies only and not their expanded cannon stuff, since apparently the same star wars fans rejected that Leia could fly and mocked Rian Johnson for turning the force into more like high fantasy magic.

5. Gandalf and Dumbledore is neither to me in an expanded content because Mair don't exist in harry potter and neither do school for wizards exist in lord of the rings where they can learn magic for seven years and become almost godlike.

However in terms of movies only, Dumbledore wins, again because he displayed more supernatural abilities and had a bigger magical feat than Gandalf in the movies.

As for Dumbledore dying, that was Rowling's decision, although she brought harry potter back from the dead, Gandalf died but returned , sure but the reality is, Gandalf from the films would have died in return of the king again, he was loosing the battle.

This is what Dumbledore would have done to the orcs in the last arc of Lord of the Rings. Gandalf could not do this in the final battle and we sadly have to judge him that

Again, this is only movie power feats but the truth us that it would have been factually easy for Dumbledore to have wiped out everyone in lord of the rings, while Gandalf could not

Also what about teleportation? Dumbledore does not need a horse or a broom. Logically wise, he could have easily teleported frodo and sam to the modor and the main story of LOTF ends in 5 minutes.

Now all this may be true about Dumbledore but LOTR and HP stories are structured extremely differently and set in different times, so comparing them usually just ends in a bad debate of fantasy fans just getting 100% subjective.

however if we were going to be objective, wizards of harry potter would have the farn better edge just based on pure logic, even for the basic reason that Harry Potter takes place in a far futuristic era compared to Lord of the rings, the muggles alone have updated technology like guns, bombs and cars.

Also every wizard in harry potter can do some big magic that can damage ordinary people like Hobbits, Men, Dwarfs who don't have magical powers even Elves don't really have much magical powers either compared to HP Wiazards. Hermione would have done more damage to the Ringwraiths than Arwen did and Snape would have healed Frodo faster then Elrond did. Unless ofcoruse the magic of harry potter would not work at all the middleearth universe? but this is why the debates go off the rails and fans begin to get worked up over fiction LMAO

If you were to put a group of HP trained Wizards in the battle of helms deep during Two Towers, like the Order of the Phoenix, it would have been over in 5 minutes and they will not need Gandalf and Emoer's help, and I say this as a person who loves both Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings and thinks Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers is the single best fantasy film in the last 20 years but the world of HP is far more equipped supernaturally and technologically than Middle Earth to battle the forces of Darkness.
    Last edited by Castle; 06-20-2021 at 02:56 PM.

BANNED

Hmm. This list is problematic. Scientifically, no one is more powerful than Flash. When you can do what Flash does, it pretty much doesn't matter what anyones' other powers are.

Given that the article only looked at a subset of characters, I can understand how Mystique made the list, but that exposes the danger of only considering a subset of characters. Lizard is on the list, but not Supergirl? Wolverine is on the list, but not Parasite?

Bleh.

BANNED

Please let's stick to the science even if some may see it as pseudo and not the MCU POV.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    I wonder if the X-men: Days of Future Past film influenced this ranking, as per that film's vague bullshit explanation, Mystique's DNA, when "unlocked," could basically cause her to adapt to/replicate all other mutants' powers. This would essentially put her at god-tier.
    That was not what the film said, the film said, her powers of transformation and shape shifting gave them the needed keys to build to sentinels that can now adapt to powers. Raven's DNA only laid the foundation. the human scientists at Trask lab figured out the rest of the endgame, which is pretty typical in science fiction stories. Raven's DNA was only part of the puzzle.

Additionally I always found Mystique from the comics more powerful than the movies, although I think it is good that at least science tried to give us some logical answer on what makes Mystique so lethal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    3. Don't know who will win between Vader and Doom because I cannot remember much about Doom's power. I have not been into F4 in more than 25 years.
    Doom is a scientist and sorceror who has outsmarted and defeated The Beyonder and Galactus and Silver Surfer.

Palpatine's little lackey is of no concern for Victor.

Vader never once won a battle in a fair fight with an evenly matched opponent in the Star Wars films.

I am going with Wizards with this one. Additionally wizards in harry potter can do wandless magic but why I am going with Wizards is because Wizards have displayed more supernatural power feats than Jedis,
    The Jedis can move and levitate objects at will, can mentally rewrite memories and manipulate people's minds, can jump and move about very fast and they can do all that without calling their motions. Oh and Jedi have lightsabers and aren't shy about using that, and blasters.

What did I not see about Mystique in the movies?
    How does here manipulation of her cells make her as strong as Thor? Can she defeat the Hulk in a fight? If you cut off her head, or blow her up, does she live? I don't see how she is the top tier of power.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

What did I not see about Mystique in the movies?
    How does here manipulation of her cells make her as strong as Thor? Can she defeat the Hulk in a fight? If you cut off her head, or blow her up, does she live? I don't see how she is the top tier of power.
    Thor and Hulk are not female. Another reason why the list is problematic.

A big moment for me on this question was reading a reprint in Daredevil #7, where he fights Namor. And gets his ass kicked.

And it shows that the better man isn't always the one who wins. The story may be about something else.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets