Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Si Spurrier gave an interview about the one-shot if anyone cares, doesn't mention its cancelled but that it may have to do with driving sales and preparing for a Chapter 2 of the x-line.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/x-...l-si-spurrier/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    "Culmination" of Hickmans run does sound finale-ish, but there's no sign of the Phalanx involved
    Culmination techincally means like climax scene of a film So I don't seen anything much after this for Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Gasp Avengers and Doom are on X-Men pages AGAIN. I guess the only thing that excites me is Inferno and

EDIT: Way of X is also ending? Damnnn
    It's not clear if Si is continuing after the one-shot or what the deal is.

"Marvel Comics' September 2021 solicitations include a new book by the Way Of X creative team Si Spurrier and Bob Quinn, spinning out of the current series .... instead of Way Of X, we have X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yippee! Yet another character guest starring in Excalibur who will sideline the supposed main characters and undoubtedly get more to do than almost all the cast has from the beginning.
    Pretty much my reaction to this as well
    Make Good Art

After reading Spurrier's interview, I think the X-line will get a big relaunch after the end of Inferno. Or at least the ancillary books. It would be weird to relaunch X-men so soon, but they've certainly done similar things in the past.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just thinking inferno will burn down what's current like Xavier and Magneto may have less actual power after and Moira issue will be resolved, which i think is sooner than even Hickman expected but it has been a hit. I think after inferno he's going to have a chance to have some real fun in this world he has established.
    Absotively! There's going to be a few status quo changes coming up now that Moira is up, out and about. And things should get even more interesting post Inferno.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Absotively! There's going to be a few status quo changes coming up now that Moira is up, out and about. And things should get even more interesting post Inferno.
    There is also the much mentioned switch of distributer for Marvel comics to Pinguin Random House and what their different guidelines for books, acceptable numbers of monthly sales, etc. might be, which might have encouraged Marvel to do another relaunch wave to fit these possible factors, or just start a bit fresher.

Recently many long series are going to end more or less at the same time (Hulk, Venom, Spider-man, Black Panther, Captain America ...)

It seems likely that there will be a widespread Marvel Now relaunch this year.

Ok X-Solits look really good in September but some things that popped into my head.

Doom in Excalibur. We all know Tini likes writing villains with shades of grey like Apoc and Thanos. That means that Doom will be getting all the attention in whatever arc this is. So Betsy will take a back seat to him. Jubilee will hold a baby. Gambit will give him stank eye. And Rictor will be moody and druid ish.

I am super happy that Jerome Opena is back with the X-Office. I hope he at least doesnt some interior art. I would LOVE him on Excalibur if it gets rebooted or refreshed. If you havent seen the art in Seven to Eternity. It just screams Otherworld to me.

Trial of Magneto cover with all his kids and grand kids is AWESOME.

Si Spurrier with the Onslaught one-shot looks like its going to be great as well.

Kwannonlocke focus in Hellions. I mean how much better can it get with Zeb Wells taking great care of her.

I just need X-Force and Excalibur to step it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Trial of Magneto cover with all his kids and grand kids is AWESOME.
    That is a variant cover. Avengers are getting their noses in an x-book like they always do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Honestly between Spurrier, Ewing and Dugan I think Hickmans take is more consistently among the stuff I like least about the era as a whole
    pretty much. I don't think any Hickman book, outside of his new mutants run was ever in the top half of this era of X books. They were largely all disconnected One shots that sometimes hit and a lot of times didn't.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Disappointed if this is Hickman's last go. His writing was often more intriguing and grandiose than some of the others, and produced some of the best X-Men issues in years.

The House of M stuff is really meh to me. Not as intrigued with the Trial of Magneto with Wanda potentially being involved.

I feel like Hickman is taking his time with this job. Plus he has way more responsibility than he really wanted going by that interview he gave during the height of HoXPoX.

Although I would like more content from him. I don't really think half of the writers are really at the level needed for this era.

He's probably trying not to burn out. He said the Avengers run was very exhausting.

I think Al Ewing, Si Spurrier, Zeb Wells, Vita Ayala and (going by PSXM) Duggan are stepping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I feel like Hickman is taking his time with this job. Plus he has way more responsibility than he really wanted going by that interview he gave during the height of HoXPoX.

Although I would like more content from him. I don't really think half of the writers are really at the level needed for this era.

He's probably trying not to burn out. He said the Avengers run was very exhausting.

I think Al Ewing, Si Spurrier, Zeb Wells, Vita Ayala and (going by PSXM) Duggan are stepping it up.
    Since he has to supervise what everyone else writes, it's sadly obvious that he doesn't have time to write as much as he used to.

And yes, Avengers and Secret Wars were totally exhausting for him.

Mighty Member

I just realized, that New Mutants solicit?

Has Gabriel finally woken up?