Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The moment Hickman leave I’m also gone. I’m super tired of mediocre comic books. Most books in the last year besides Hickman really haven’t been my cup of tea.
    I feel the same way, I only jumped back on the X-Line because of Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I wish we got some clarity over what the plan for Hickman is after Inferno. "The Culmination" sounds quite final - I reaaallllyyyy don't want him to leave the X-books just yet!

Mighty Member

My interpretation, given what I already know about his run and his other books, is that Inferno will lead into the next part, which will act as a kind of "Time Runs Out" arc that will lead into his final chapter.

It's more how after Infinity, the Avengers was very much a title where everything slowly came together. That's the impression I get with this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Nothing official but looks like it he probably still wil be head of x
    So he's just not writing a book right now. I'm fine with that.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Love this. I care less about Ororo being the Regent of Sol and more about Al Ewing writing her. He's done such a wonderful job with powerful, POC and just characters in general, hopefully he'll be Storm's caretaker for the long haul.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Honestly between Spurrier, Ewing and Dugan I think Hickmans take is more consistently among the stuff I like least about the era as a whole

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. Pretty much.
    It's fun to watch falling to pieces over a sensationalised solicit heading. I'm 99.999 % certain "the Culmination" will continue well into 2022. It may BEGIN in Inferno, but...unless HiXMan intends to adequately finalise every plot point he introduced in HoX/PoX, in four double-sized issues...the endgame continues.

September is looking SO GOOD!!! (Yes Gaston-Forge!!! KILL the BEAST!!!)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Can't believe Way of X is ending already I hope it's just a skip month and it will return after the one-shot, but I doubt it.
    Is X-Corp also missing?
    It's a shame the X-office hasn't been able to launch many successful spin-offs lately. X-factor and Way of X deserved a bit more push.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. Pretty much.
    It's fun to watch falling to pieces over a sensationalised solicit heading. I'm 99.999 % certain "the Culmination" will continue well into 2022. It may BEGIN in Inferno, but...unless HiXMan intends to adequately finalise every plot point he introduced in HoX/PoX, in four double-sized issues...the endgame continues.

I'm just thinking inferno will burn down what's current like Xavier and Magneto may have less actual power after and Moira issue will be resolved, which i think is sooner than even Hickman expected but it has been a hit. I think after inferno he's going to have a chance to have some real fun in this world he has established.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I assume the Mystique cover is a reference to the mythological image of Hela as having a face that is one half beautifull and one rotten/skeletal, therefor reinforcing her as the "death" figure.

However i wonder if the skeletal face could be a nod to a past story or another character?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    (...)
    Isn't that supposed to be Mikhail Rasputin?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I wish we got some clarity over what the plan for Hickman is after Inferno. "The Culmination" sounds quite final - I reaaallllyyyy don't want him to leave the X-books just yet!
    I have to imagine a statement or interview is coming with the release of this promo. They know everyone is going to be asking what this means.

Until then, I suggest we wait before...
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Can't believe Way of X is ending already I hope it's just a skip month and it will return after the one-shot, but I doubt it.
    Is X-Corp also missing?
    It's a shame the X-office hasn't been able to launch many successful spin-offs lately. X-factor and Way of X deserved a bit more push.
    X-Corp is definitely done for, it's launch numbers were even weaker than for Way of X.

Hopefully the ending of Inferno will be able to support a few new strong spin-off titles, otherwise it starts to look as if it's time to for another relaunch. Well, depending on how the new X-Men title succeeds perhaps, but I doubt it will reach Hickman numbers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Is X-Corp also missing?
    X-Corp #5 is there. The Marvel Previews is on Comixology.

BANNED

Gasp Avengers and Doom are on X-Men pages AGAIN. I guess the only thing that excites me is Inferno and

EDIT: Way of X is also ending? Damnnn

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    otherwise it starts to look as if it's time to for another relaunch.
    Nonsense, they just need to get rid of Howard/Ayala/Percy