Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The moment Hickman leave I’m also gone. I’m super tired of mediocre comic books. Most books in the last year besides Hickman really haven’t been my cup of tea.
    Agreed.They won't officialy retire him for a while imo but he won't do any ongoing titles.They will call him head of X and will put all titles under his name whereas he won't have much to give.His X-men run was also muddled with stuff that felt like it wasn't his.
    He'll probably do a mini every now and then.I was hoping this would be a small and packed era with Hickman's story moving at a good pace but seems like they will milk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like once a year they always try and make the High Evolutionary a thing but I am just not interested in him.
    I thought the same when I saw the solicit. He always feels like a filler villain.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed.They won't officialy retire him for a while imo but he won't do any ongoing titles.They will call him head of X and will put all titles under his name whereas he won't have much to give.His X-men run was also muddled with stuff that felt like it wasn't his.
    He'll probably do a mini every now and then.I was hoping this would be a small and packed era with Hickman's story moving at a good pace but seems like they will milk it.
    Wonder what that’ll to the sale numbers. I have no problem just picking hickman’s issues the rest i can read on MU

Can't believe Way of X is over, while awful books like Excalibur and New Mutants are still here.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I could see a scenario where Hickman leaves the Phalanx part to the X-Office and finishes his personal involvement after Inferno

I want 20 + years of krakoa, I hope it becomes the new status quo and gets even picked up by the cinematic adaptation so that it will be forever immortalized in the imagination of thousand of moviegoers around the planet.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Can't believe Way of X is over, while awful books like Excalibur and New Mutants are still here.
    Wait, where did it say Way of X is ending?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

which sites did you get these from?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Storm is now regent of an entire planet? Sounds perfectly appropriate.
    It's quite hollow however if it doesn't convince readers to give a damn, as it's just another pile of "importance" slapped onto Ororo's allready burdended back, but doesn't promise any interesting personal development or stories that will make them care about her as a person rather than just another big yet meaningless figure head to occasionaly do something outragously impressive and be put back in the corner where nobody cares.

As far as i can see it.
    She is too powerfull, too important in the world and too distant as a person for many readers to still get engaged in her as a character. How is making her the ruler of a planet or solar system, supposed to remedy that, rather than just make it worse?

She also lacks in serious opposition, as everyone she fights either tend to be "ants" before her and just there to get zapped easily by the "goddess" or uber-powerfull that they are just there to make her more impressive looking for zapping them away at the end of a storyline and both tend to be one and done, leaving her without anyone who could feel like a constant challenge.

This role in SWORD. It all rings the same bells of hollow usage of Storm all over again, with only the less powerfull or important people besides her getting actual development in her shadow.

I want 20 + years of krakoa, I hope it becomes the new status quo and gets even picked up by the cinematic adaptation so that it will be forever immortalized in the imagination of thousand of moviegoers around the planet.
    If the MCU does do it it won't be their introduction. If they're just some secret island immortal society that comes out of nowhere it's just the Eternals, but with different characters

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...-in-september/

Extraordinary Member

The problem with that is that Hickman has a specific story he wants to tell.HOX/POX was structured in a way that makes for a start mid and end.The mid can be extended but only for so long.Hickman said so himself.
    I don't mind it lasting as long as the main plot moves forward which it didn't for over a year and it hurt the run.
    Milking this era will damage the main story

I suppose if it's being replaced with a book with essentially the same premise and team that's not as bad

Extraordinary Member

I think it is the same as X-factor.The series ends with a mini or in this case a one-shot.
    I do like that this had a very specific story to tell and won't waste time because a lot of the other titles feel like they are but I did wish we would get 10 issues before this.
    I don't mind either way.

Extraordinary Member

I suppose if it's being replaced with a book with essentially the same premise and team that's not as bad
    It's a one shot.Not a series just FYI because I feel you think this will go on.