Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I don't disagree with that and it was my principle concern with her introduction as a character. Nobody is gonna be pleased with the impending outcome, I think.
    Quite possibly.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    His whole run has been a fix it list.

It might be important for whatever he has planned with Kindred. Now we know Peter has one less blemish on his soul with Finisher being alive. Just my theory. Otherwise there is no real reason for him to address that bit of history.

Now Chameleon is tied even closer to Peter's history with him being a pupil of Finisher.
    All that is left is the death of gwen Stacy, death of Logan's friend Charlie and the Mephisto deal

Mighty Member

It depends. I'd prefer his family background be more working class. Plenty of 'working scientists' out there. As long as it doesn't loop back to his origins as Spider-Man too cleanly like they shot at in the movies. Meanwhile, in today's economy, being under employed would be pretty normal for any number of people, no matter how good their educational background.

Parker's real parents are May and Ben, and spending too much time on his 'biological' parents is never useful.
    Or Norman Osborn could be Peter's father

Incredible Member

I just don’t understand the Theresa hate. Why can’t Peter have more people to depend on? Right now he mainly depends on MJ and Aunt May. It’s like we are stuck in the JMS era loop. Wolverine has like 10 kids. Eddie Brock has his son. Cyclops and Havok have two other brothers. What’s wrong with more family?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I just don’t understand the Theresa hate. Why can’t Peter have more people to depend on? Right now he mainly depends on MJ and Aunt May. It’s like we are stuck in the JMS era loop. Wolverine has like 10 kids. Eddie Brock has his son. Cyclops and Havok have two other brothers. What’s wrong with more family?
    I do see your point and she can still be part of her inner circle.She can come to a realization that she never was Teresa Parker but Spider-man could still accept her into the family after that.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I dunno. I guess I just feel MJ and Aunt May are more emotionally resonant to me?

Astonishing Member

I don't disagree with that and it was my principle concern with her introduction as a character. Nobody is gonna be pleased with the impending outcome, I think.
    I have been a fan of Theresa. Why? She offered an opportunity to tell some different stories in Amazing without being a new love interest. As for being raised by someone different then birth parents, the reality is Aunt May and Uncle Ben were essentially Peter’s parents. Peter going to a Met game once a year to honor Uncle Ben is acknowledgement of this. This is something I understand more then many, because I was raised by my grandmother and she made me who I am ( including my love of the New York Yankees).

I don't hate Teresa, for the record.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I have been a fan of Theresa. Why? She offered an opportunity to tell some different stories in Amazing without being a new love interest. As for being raised by someone different then birth parents, the reality is Aunt May and Uncle Ben were essentially Peter’s parents. Peter going to a Met game once a year to honor Uncle Ben is acknowledgement of this. This is something I understand more then many, because I was raised by my grandmother and she made me who I am ( including my love of the New York Yankees).
    I mean not like every woman her meets is a love interest LOL.
    I like seeing Peter interact with the heroes of other franchises.
    He does do very well with both and female characters as just friends even if there is a bit of very subtle flirtation with the latter.

Extraordinary Member

Did I say that was fine too? Don't put words in my mouth. I don't like Peter's parents being spies. I think it's a dumb twist, and I have a virulent dislike for anything that confers notability on Parker's birth legacy. I didn't like his dad being an Oscorp Super Scientist in Amazing Spider-Man either. :P
    I don't mind Peter's parents as spies....but beyond that leave it alone. They should NOT have tied them to Logan or that Master Matrix thing they did in Spidey/Deadpool book.

As far as Teresa I am getting sick of the is she is or is she ain't stuff going on. And to me it will be stupid if they do away with the sibling relationship especially so soon after establishing it and NOT developing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I don't mind Peter's parents as spies....but beyond that leave it alone. They should NOT have tied them to Logan or that Master Matrix thing they did in Spidey/Deadpool book.

As far as Teresa I am getting sick of the is she is or is she ain't stuff going on. And to me it will be stupid if they do away with the sibling relationship especially so soon after establishing it and NOT developing it.
    Honestly what would make this a pretty big blemish on Spencer’s run, which I’ve been a fan of and has brought me back to liking his stuff after I hated his Captain America run, would be if he brought Teresa back after she had been arrested at the end of Spectacular only so he could write her out of the Parker family. It’s even worse considering, as has been said, it seems that the rest of the hero community can grow within their personal lives (hell, Marvel let even Deadpool be a parent) yet Peter has to continue in this same cycle. They won’t let him have a kid, they won’t let him be married and they won’t let him be successful, much less have a career, so why do they now have to hang the prospect of taking away his sister too? For Spider-Man being one of the golden gooses at Marvel, they sure don’t ever allow him to have anything.

It was a bit underwhelming. Nice to see Grizzly. Was that Frog-Man or dare I say it. Leap-Frog? I love how Spencer incorporates lesser known characters in his stories. The Doc Ock short was the best part of the issue.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

For what it's worth, Master Matrix also had a brief appearance in Amazing Mary Jane, as one of Mysterio's hires working on the set of that movie she was making with him. Given what's to come in Sinister War, though . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I don't hate Teresa, for the record.
    Would it be safe to assume then that you hate everything else then? And if you do, then why are you reading this? What are you looking to gain exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Honestly what would make this a pretty big blemish on Spencer’s run, which I’ve been a fan of and has brought me back to liking his stuff after I hated his Captain America run, would be if he brought Teresa back after she had been arrested at the end of Spectacular only so he could write her out of the Parker family. It’s even worse considering, as has been said, it seems that the rest of the hero community can grow within their personal lives (hell, Marvel let even Deadpool be a parent) yet Peter has to continue in this same cycle. They won’t let him have a kid, they won’t let him be married and they won’t let him be successful, much less have a career, so why do they now have to hang the prospect of taking away his sister too? For Spider-Man being one of the golden gooses at Marvel, they sure don’t ever allow him to have anything.
    I often wonder who has it worse, him or the X-men, i mean of course they currently now have a nation and planet...what does he have?