Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand the Arakki/Morlocks comparison.
    They not hawt like the X-men are

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't know...they would definitely have their own standards of "beauty" and Isca and Bei are pretty HAWT by human standards.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Good point. They are her new Morlocks. Storm has always been a terrible leader.
    The Arakki are made of sterner stuff.
    My flag is bacon.

Cap dreamed of a future in which all of Earth together would colonize Mars, not just mutants.

That dream would have been possible if humans hadn't systematically slaughtered mutants. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cap dreamed of a future in which all of Earth together would colonize Mars, not just mutants.

That dream would have been possible if humans hadn't systematically slaughtered mutants. It's sad.
    Tbf it would Never happen because Status quonua Gid.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand the Arakki/Morlocks comparison.
    1: Storm is not a member of the Great Ring so...she's not leading the Arakki.
    2: Claremont's Morlocks were disenfranchised mutants hiding in darkness and fear, eking out a meager existence. Even before Planet Arakki, the Arakki were/are the polar opposite.
    Hence…same but different.

Whoever massacres them will be the big big bad, and cause the same fear the marauders did/raise the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

So very true, the humans in charge never saw the potential and the good that would have been possible by embracing their mutant citizens, humans really shoot them self in the foot
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Wanda on an X-team when
    I was hoping she'd join SWORD or Way of X..... Those are the books I'm following and I thought she'd be a good fit for both.

Although Way of X may be ending soon.

Incredible Member

Cap's speech *was* at least a little bit inaccurate, though. Despite the famous quote of "one giant leap for mankind", reaching the moon really was about a space race and about the U.S. beating the Soviet Union there. We weren't *really* in it together. As a nation, yes, not as a world. (So therefore Cap's attempted contrast of one nation --Krakoa- getting Mars does not work.)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I notice they quietly downgraded Storm’s title from Regent of Sol to Regent of Arrako/Voice of Sol

And while is suspect the sentiment is genuine, Erik is absolutely playing Wanda. A reconciliation with the Twins smooths things over with Throneworld and Novohala, but it also means he has a probability manipulator to counter Isca’s inevitable betrayal and someone who could potentially rip the x-gene out of Moira before her final death

Pietro is many things, but he’s the more emotionally mature of the twins where Eric’s manipulations are involved. And he’s been pretty loyal to Django’s memory on the father front

The biggest issue is if they do a fusion dance on the retcon (Erik’s their father, but Natalia is their mother) Erik has questions to answer about the whole murdering their mother thing

Edit:
    I take Cap’s speech as an acknowledgment that all the non-cosmic/spider/mutant characters just became less than irrelevant, as much because their own editorial won’t let them join in this break fro the status quo
    I can't tell if people are cheering for Storm because of her "Grand" entrance or her title? And if it is the latter, do they know what a Regent actually is and how it compares to other monikers that give one a certain level of status?

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    They not hawt like the X-men are
    DEATH is fine to me mhmm!

Incredible Member

I didn't realize I needed a Cap/Doom buddy comic series till now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Cap's speech *was* at least a little bit inaccurate, though. Despite the famous quote of "one giant leap for mankind", reaching the moon really was about a space race and about the U.S. beating the Soviet Union there. We weren't *really* in it together. As a nation, yes, not as a world. (So therefore Cap's attempted contrast of one nation --Krakoa- getting Mars does not work.)
    Yeah, but Cap didn't know that. His speech directly points to that, given the follow up that he remarked to Tony after his statement. All he had to go off was a news reel about what happened. Cap at his core is an idealist, not a realist. So he sees the situation that he's shown different from what it might actually be.

And even in this situation where he's like "Wished it could have been a united effort." he's still ultimately happy with the result.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You love the idea of a people being created to be massacred?
    Its really weird but thankfully Arrako is here to stay...and slay.

Issue was great.
    Seeing all the different empires, makes me think of all the potential stories.
    I love how yet again Wakanda stands on its own.
    There's definitely going to be some kind storyline to there.
    Doom just running around sowing seeds,especially the way the entire illuminati took notice and are nervous.
    Yes! Storm is Regent of Sol. Gosh I can't wait to see this unfold.
    I really don't want to see Wanda in an XBooks until she is legit again.