Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Respecting her, absolutely. Accepting her as Regent, certainly...they would have no better Galactic Representative. But I fully expect the Arakki to have and keep their boundaries, where it comes to Non-Arakki. And rightly so. As Isca told Xavier and Magneto in X-Men 16.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    WAIT. So is Magneto going to use Anya's body to place Wanda's mind in??
    No no no, its the other way around: Anya's brain in Wanda's body.

So Storm is now Queen of Mars? If Krakoa shuts down/breaks down does she get to keep Mars?

The Arrako Storm relationship will be sort of like this

Great Ring- "Why the heck should you be the regent of Sol"

Storm-"I'm the baddest chick in the game"

Great Ring - " Ok"

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Jaime can. It was strongly hinted that he alone could resurect Betsy after she was shattered. His omega power over reality transcends anything that wanda can ever do so bringing her back won't be a problem. The question is would she consent to it.
    Don’t know if this was already mentioned but Jaime’s powers in the Planet Size data show is reality manipulation is through Quantum energy I don’t think the soul is made of or can be manipulated by quantum energy.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I can't tell if people are cheering for Storm because of her "Grand" entrance or her title? And if it is the latter, do they know what a Regent actually is and how it compares to other monikers that give one a certain level of status?
    What's a Regent to a Goddess?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Respecting her, absolutely. Accepting her as Regent, certainly...they would have no better Galactic Representative. But I fully expect the Arakki to have and keep their boundaries, where it comes to Non-Arakki. And rightly so. As Isca told Xavier and Magneto in X-Men 16.
    Storm's about 30 right? An infant compared to people whose ages are measured in millennia.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Storm's about 30 right? An infant compared to people whose ages are measured in millennia.
    This is very true. Now that Storm is firmly placed in the realm of gods amongst them in a lot of ways she is an infant.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I like how Storm just came in with a "Check My Credentials Mofu!!"..

The Wanda/Magneto part was very heart warming and I'm still #Magneto'sChildren...no matter what Marvel tries to do.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-23-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

The benefit of Ewing on both Guardians and Sword is how these tie-in issues both stand alone and continue the series storyline, but also provide additional flavor to each other.

I read SWORD first and thought Nova just had a throwaway line, but then I read GotG and understood the reference about starting two fights.

Really good two issues to end the Hellfire Gala with - teases both Earth-bound consequences and Galactic consequences. I wonder if what Captain America overheard will be continued with on some of the Avengers books, or if it will only arise in X-men crossover events.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    The benefit of Ewing on both Guardians and Sword is how these tie-in issues both stand alone and continue the series storyline, but also provide additional flavor to each other.

I read SWORD first and thought Nova just had a throwaway line, but then I read GotG and understood the reference about starting two fights.

Really good two issues to end the Hellfire Gala with - teases both Earth-bound consequences and Galactic consequences. I wonder if what Captain America overheard will be continued with on some of the Avengers books, or if it will only arise in X-men crossover events.
    Agreed, they were both great issues. We have two more Gala books next week but it seems the major reveals are complete. Unless there are some juicy surprises.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I love this role for Storm and am super excited for her future stories. I prefer her previous costume but this is indeed fitting for a queen. The art was flawless on this issue.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carri Dee View Post
    I happen to think that Storm is the right person for the job, but you raise a question: how will the Arrako mutants feel about this?
    Judgin by the SWORD #8 solicits they're taking it as well as expected.

Honestly I'm gonna predict that Storm ends up having a calming effect on the Arraki (after she beats their asses a few times of course).

Also shoutout to Frenzy for putting the verbal smack down on Nova and looking good while doing it.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Storm is the most important mutant in the galaxy period!!!!
    Chuck's kid is the Shi'ar Empress.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I know I'm in the vocal minority but I really don't get this weird love for Wanda everyone seems to have. She's not a bad character or anything but let's be real she was barely about mutants. And she is a pretender, regardless of how stupid that retcon is. It's happened. I love the majority of post M-Day mutant/everyone else dynamics. The reality is she probably killed more mutants then Sinister or Apocalypse ever did. Certainly negatively impacted more. As far as story dynamics go Wanda will always be best as a character that no one can really trust has it together, and that no one can or should ever forget the things she's done. Magneto wanting to move past it is cool and all. And I'm all for that, but wanting every other mutant to forget what Wanda did and all the fallout from it? That would be terrible writing. Inviting her to Krakoa is like inviting Hitler to Israel. Think about all the kids who were murdered when all the mutants got depowered? Wanda's fault. Mutants who died because of their power loss. So on and so forth.

Marvel and DC have this cyclical nature to them. Where all arcs get extinguished over time.

The X-men as a whole have been on an arc for almost two decades now. Culminating in them getting a chance to actually have a fair shake. Them giving former villains a chance only makes sense and outside of Sinister and Selene we've seen nothing more then vaguely shady from them. Where as immediately the Avengers were just as cool being tight with Wanda again who attacked them and killed her husband and Hawkeye.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I know I'm in the vocal minority but I really don't get this weird love for Wanda everyone seems to have. She's not a bad character or anything but let's be real she was barely about mutants. And she is a pretender, regardless of how stupid that retcon is. It's happened. I love the majority of post M-Day mutant/everyone else dynamics. The reality is she probably killed more mutants then Sinister or Apocalypse ever did. Certainly negatively impacted more. As far as story dynamics go Wanda will always be best as a character that no one can really trust has it together, and that no one can or should ever forget the things she's done. Magneto wanting to move past it is cool and all. And I'm all for that, but wanting every other mutant to forget what Wanda did and all the fallout from it? That would be terrible writing. Inviting her to Krakoa is like inviting Hitler to Israel. Think about all the kids who were murdered when all the mutants got depowered? Wanda's fault. Mutants who died because of their power loss. So on and so forth.

Marvel and DC have this cyclical nature to them. Where all arcs get extinguished over time.

The X-men as a whole have been on an arc for almost two decades now. Culminating in them getting a chance to actually have a fair shake. Them giving former villains a chance only makes sense and outside of Sinister and Selene we've seen nothing more then vaguely shady from them. Where as immediately the Avengers were just as cool being tight with Wanda again who attacked them and killed her husband and Hawkeye.
    Eh she didn't mean it she's sorry. Don't really get the point in punishing the character forever for some shitty writing damn near a decade ago.

In universe plenty of mutants still hate her but let's not pretend (hehe) that this whole "Pretender" business isn't anything more than propaganda.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-23-2021 at 07:03 PM.