Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I know I'm in the vocal minority but I really don't get this weird love for Wanda everyone seems to have. She's not a bad character or anything but let's be real she was barely about mutants. And she is a pretender, regardless of how stupid that retcon is. It's happened. I love the majority of post M-Day mutant/everyone else dynamics. The reality is she probably killed more mutants then Sinister or Apocalypse ever did. Certainly negatively impacted more. As far as story dynamics go Wanda will always be best as a character that no one can really trust has it together, and that no one can or should ever forget the things she's done. Magneto wanting to move past it is cool and all. And I'm all for that, but wanting every other mutant to forget what Wanda did and all the fallout from it? That would be terrible writing. Inviting her to Krakoa is like inviting Hitler to Israel. Think about all the kids who were murdered when all the mutants got depowered? Wanda's fault. Mutants who died because of their power loss. So on and so forth.

Marvel and DC have this cyclical nature to them. Where all arcs get extinguished over time.

The X-men as a whole have been on an arc for almost two decades now. Culminating in them getting a chance to actually have a fair shake. Them giving former villains a chance only makes sense and outside of Sinister and Selene we've seen nothing more then vaguely shady from them. Where as immediately the Avengers were just as cool being tight with Wanda again who attacked them and killed her husband and Hawkeye.
    No you are not alone when it comes to Wanda man I don't get these people wanting everything forgiven either.

Someone even wanted her on an X book lol but hey what can you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Chuck's kid is the Shi'ar Empress.
    Different galaxy.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    No you are not alone when it comes to Wanda man I don't get these people wanting everything forgiven either.

Someone even wanted her on an X book lol but hey what can you do.
    Hey!!! If the Avengers books can take the Phoenix from us, then the X-books should be able to take Wanda!!!!!!!!

Quid pro quo.

While touching, I'm certain something sinister is afoot here. I noticed many/most of this week's Gala issues covered times fairly late at night, and we've got folks like Kurt and others still up and around. During the trial I suspect they'll be pulled in for questioning.

My guess is the same as many others: Magneto sent Wanda the invite and she arrives really late (the portals are still setup to allow them through flower or not), but at some point Mystique impersonates him and kills her off. His helmet is off and she could easily walk by, put it on, and shapeshift the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What's a Regent to a Goddess?
    ...you hurt me with that, you really did.

BANNED

Alright. Time to stop saying I'm going to catch up on Sword and catch up on Sword.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Alright. Time to stop saying I'm going to catch up on Sword and catch up on Sword.
    Frankly, this issue is a perfectly fine jumping-on point if you want to save the money.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Frankly, this issue is a perfectly fine jumping-on point if you want to save the money.
    I'll probably read them all. Al's usually good, I've just been distracted recently. And I'm only like 4 issues back actually, as I sit here thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'll probably read them all. Al's usually good, I've just been distracted recently. And I'm only like 4 issues back actually, as I sit here thinking about it.
    You can definitely skip the King in Black tie ins if you want to save a few bucks. They're still good issues but don't add anything to the overall story
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

This issue was amazing. So much happening in one issue it felt like reading HoX/PoX again. I loved Storm in this and the Magneto and Wanda reunion was touching but I fear it will be short lived. I really hope Ewing writes this book for a long run.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

Peak... Keep...? Nobody??

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    I know I'm in the vocal minority but I really don't get this weird love for Wanda everyone seems to have. She's not a bad character or anything but let's be real she was barely about mutants. And she is a pretender, regardless of how stupid that retcon is. It's happened. I love the majority of post M-Day mutant/everyone else dynamics. The reality is she probably killed more mutants then Sinister or Apocalypse ever did. Certainly negatively impacted more. As far as story dynamics go Wanda will always be best as a character that no one can really trust has it together, and that no one can or should ever forget the things she's done. Magneto wanting to move past it is cool and all. And I'm all for that, but wanting every other mutant to forget what Wanda did and all the fallout from it? That would be terrible writing. Inviting her to Krakoa is like inviting Hitler to Israel. Think about all the kids who were murdered when all the mutants got depowered? Wanda's fault. Mutants who died because of their power loss. So on and so forth.

Marvel and DC have this cyclical nature to them. Where all arcs get extinguished over time.

The X-men as a whole have been on an arc for almost two decades now. Culminating in them getting a chance to actually have a fair shake. Them giving former villains a chance only makes sense and outside of Sinister and Selene we've seen nothing more then vaguely shady from them. Where as immediately the Avengers were just as cool being tight with Wanda again who attacked them and killed her husband and Hawkeye.
    That just sounds like such a bleak way to see superhero books. What i love most about superhero books is the super depths one is willing to go to for forgiveness and seeing that when written well when all the right emotions are checked, supehero level forgiveness. A forgiveness that in the real world you know could never happen. Wanda as a character was never written as a bad person and if someone with doubt and someone who tries to do the right thing can't be given chances in a world where people destroy universes who are we to ask for second chances when hurt people in ways that can't be erased with magic or telepathy. Sometimes trying to do the right thing is the most heroic thing, jmo though.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-23-2021 at 09:43 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Comparing Wanda to Hitler is an absolutely absurd comparison for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that Wanda believed herself to be a mutant at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Comparing Wanda to Hitler is an absolutely absurd comparison for a number of reasons, starting with the fact that Wanda believed herself to be a mutant at the time.
    She wiped out a race of people down to 198. That's the important part. Having the cause of your genocide just walk through the front door isn't a good look that's the point

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It makes like no sense. Reading this made me feel slight disgust for Marvel if i'm honest. In what world did someone think it was a good idea to have the daughter of a holocaust survivor wipe out a people and it makes me think of Bendis and how he was talking up being a jewish man and how important superman was to him but the very back bone of the jewish community the female, he had wanda do a genocide of her own. I don't know why this post took me to connecting those thoughts. But if a jewish man is telling you this is okay i can see non jewish people going... "umm... ok...." i don't know, i hate having that thought.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/