Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhhhh during the entireity of AvX Cap is displaying some douchebaggery tendencies.

People speak allll the time about X-stories they know sh!t about...comes with being hated on and feared by the other franchises I guess...Idk
    But It didn't affect every universe....Jeez.... It affected the multiverse (meaning more than one universe.) Soooo of course not every universe will be hit by the spell and duuuh the ultimate universe wouldn't be affected.....(Marvel's not that stupid) but since in an infinite number of universes if only 1% were hit that's still quite a large number.

But it hasn't tho lol
    The Pretenders expect everyone to believe the babbling of the batty Pretender or the ramblings of a villain like Doom...that he's to blame but need a handwritten letter from every Marvel character, the editor in chief, and God that M-Day affected more than the 616 universe...lol.

Your seat is right down the hall
    I mean we have also seen countless terrible future's that were inevitable.
    Also didn't they think mutants would die out then krakoa happened.
    As for Doom and contradicting statements.
    Doom was in a moment of weakness and would probably say the truth but that is anyones guess.
    The one factor that all this depends on is which came last, since that would be canon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

AvX was so much rotten garbage with characters acting OOC from start to finish. Thank humanity's New Gods HiX-Men has seen fit to relegate it to "the Lost years", a footnote never to be referenced ever again.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    AvX was so much rotten garbage with characters acting OOC from start to finish. Thank humanity's New Gods HiX-Men has seen fit to relegate it to "the Lost years", a footnote never to be referenced ever again.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna blame fictional characters for the absolute most crappy writing they've gotten over the decades. These 'vX' events have been filled with weird characterization on both sides, and I won't blame Cap for his behavior in them any more than I'll blame Emma for her behavior during IvX.

With characters who have been written by a dozen different writers, with wildly different attitudes about them, it's almost necessary to cherry pick some authors 'versions' of a character over others. Morrison's Magneto, 'the mad terrorist twat' who gave Jean a planetary stroke (WTF that was), has similarly been swept under the rug, and even the *Xorns* are being absolved of being shoved under the bus for that! (It was Magneto! No wait, it was Xorn! No wait, it was... drugs, that Xorn can't even take because his head's a black hole and he can't snort Kick? What can we blame that no future writer wants to use? High cholesterol!)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Even the Avengers side of thing like to think of it as never happened. (with original sin there was not such issue...people forgot about it the moment it hit the shelves!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I'm not gonna blame fictional characters for the absolute most crappy writing they've gotten over the decades. These 'vX' events have been filled with weird characterization on both sides, and I won't blame Cap for his behavior in them any more than I'll blame Emma for her behavior during IvX.

With characters who have been written by a dozen different writers, with wildly different attitudes about them, it's almost necessary to cherry pick some authors 'versions' of a character over others. Morrison's Magneto, 'the mad terrorist twat' who gave Jean a planetary stroke (WTF that was), has similarly been swept under the rug, and even the *Xorns* are being absolved of being shoved under the bus for that! (It was Magneto! No wait, it was Xorn! No wait, it was... drugs, that Xorn can't even take because his head's a black hole and he can't snort Kick? What can we blame that no future writer wants to use? High cholesterol!)
    Ohh godd my head...i har removed that insane mess!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Neither side looked good coming out of the dumpster fire.
    I won't be surprised if the various editorial offices all agree that that period should be forgotten. Or...at the very least, never brought up again.

I trust in Ewing's ability to cut away what doesn't work, while revamping what does and adding new things into the mix.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post

Also phoenix just wiped an entire planet before coming to Earth, they had pretty good reason to be hostile.
    Hey...now that yuo mention it, was EVER explained why Phoenix travelled PHYSICALLY from....somewhere?...to Earth, while we know she can just manifest there ?(like it did dozens of time). Is not like Galactus that had to travel with his worldship Taa2(and yet for a solar system sized worldship, he is surprisingly stealthy and ridiculously cautious with it!). I don't remember if they had explained why(APART FROM "BECAUSE STORY DEMAND IT"

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Hey...now that yuo mention it, was EVER explained why Phoenix travelled PHYSICALLY from....somewhere?...to Earth, while we know she can just manifest there ?(like it did dozens of time). Is not like Galactus that had to travel with his worldship Taa2(and yet for a solar system sized worldship, he is surprisingly stealthy and ridiculously cautious with it!). I don't remember if they had explained why(APART FROM "BECAUSE STORY DEMAND IT"
    Had to use it's Delta SkyMiles or else incur a penalty
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Sometimes the entrance is what matters.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

A little late to the thread, but I think this can be an interesting concept. Like, remember that conversation with cyclops in the beggining of the x-men run? How weaker mutants will want to be reborn as Omega-levels?
    Well, why stop at that. If you can change someone´s DNA (and we know Sinister can put the X-gene in himself at the very least), and if being mutant is a "gift", than it would make sense to SPREAD the gift.
    Make "worthy" humans into mutants. Allow them the chance to "ascend". Of course I can see some people, like Exodus and Magneto, having a problem with that, because they see mutantdom as being almost a magical, divine thing.
    But honestly, X-men history is filled with humans who wanted to be mutants. And now, they may just be able to.
    Can you imagine the twist? The "Pretender" is now reborn, free of her sins, ONE OF US. (Also, I though Hope also like Wanda, didnt she?)

It could even be like a divide between the Krakoans: one group seems mutants as a chosen people, others want to turn EVERYONE into the chosen people.
    However, this mught just be me wanting Hope to show up more lol. For the mutant Messiah, she sures barely talks.
    Last edited by President Togekiss; 07-10-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Why does Wiz Kid look female in this issue? Did I miss something?