Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And why do they need Shaw.
    Also if wanda is revealed as mutant again will she be forgiven?

Even if she is, you can tell how this is very discrimanatory.
    If you're mutant then no matter how much bad you do will be forgiven, but not for humans.
    Again not mutants who did this as retaliation or self-defense.The ones that went out of there way to kill someone
    Forgiven means you are allowed on Krakoa and won't be punished by mutants. People are still free to hate you just look at the Fenris Twins and Omega Red.

Wanda has been running around all this time with no consequences anyway.

Yes because all mutants automatically have Krakoa citizenship. It is a fresh start for them unless they break the 3 laws. Humans don't have automatic krakoa citizenship there for they don't get amnesty but they are allowed on Krakoa as long as they have a mutant with them. Do you get it?

This is a conversation from over a decade ago and goes nowhere each time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Do you think the average mutant knows about that? Or do they know the chick that said no more mutants?

There were only like 15 mutants around when that whole thing in child cursade was said
    You basically said “do you think the average mutant knows the truth”.

Why aren’t you advocating education about the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    You basically said “do you think the average mutant knows the truth”.

Why aren’t you advocating education about the truth?
    Because the truth is not going to change the perception of Wanda which is what you really want. You want her to be viewed as this perfect beloved hero by mutants and it's just not going to happen even if you tell the mutants the truth because at the end of the day they are going to look at Wanda as the one who said the words.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Because the truth is not going to change the perception of Wanda which is what you really want. You want her to be viewed as this perfect beloved hero by mutants and it's just not going to happen even if you tell the mutants the truth because at the end of the day they are going to look at Wanda as the one who said the words.
    You can’t know how each and every mutant wouldn’t react. Some have shown sympathy to Wanda, or if not sympathy, some understanding of the situation, if even still uneasy about her.

So, from an in-story perspective, you’d rather mutant leaders lie to mutantkind to manipulate how they feel about a thing?

And don’t presume to know, or claim for me, how I want Wanda to be viewed. You can ask if you’d like to know.

Let’s not turn this thread into another Wanda blame/blameless thread. This issue was too good for us to get off topic.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It does.
    A canon comics statement is more valid than a machine in a comic.
    I guess youve never read X-men: Ghost Boxes?
    GrindrStone(D)

I guess I can talk about how good Frenzy looked

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Sure. Why not? Canon was, and continues to be, ignored to villainize Wanda.

Wanda didn’t do M-Day. The Life Force did. One key thing about the definition of genocide is that it has to be intentional.
    I just read about the Life Force stuff that happened in Children's Crusade as I was unfamiliar with it. My thinking has always been that Wanda could do the spell again and that's why many mutants fear/hate her, but I guess she can't? Maybe that will be touched upon as we move forward. In Empyre it's clear she's looking for redemption and I hope this gets sorted out for her.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just read about the Life Force stuff that happened in Children's Crusade as I was unfamiliar with it. My thinking has always been that Wanda could do the spell again and that's why many mutants fear/hate her, but I guess she can't? Maybe that will be touched upon as we move forward. In Empyre it's clear she's looking for redemption and I hope this gets sorted out for her.
    They touched on this in Uncanny.
    She will need a lot of casting time and immense power source(Wonder man).
    She can't do it by herself.

Also won't continue any discussion of Wanda's pretender status as this is not the thread.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

AIPT: X-Fan25 asked if there was a specific reason why Storm, a Krakoan, was named Regent when Planet Arakko mostly features Arakki citizens. X-Fan25 said it seems a bit unfair to the Arakki.

Jordan: That’s a great question. As for why, I mean, the reason for why her is because she’s her. It’s kind of self-evident why her in some ways, like why her out of all the people we know. But why her, when most of the planet is Arakki is a really good question. That will be something that continues to be addressed.

AIPT: X-Fan Joseph Hagan asked if Storm will be moving from Marauders to S.W.O.R.D. Basically, where should Storm’s fans go to follow her new adventures?

Jordan: She bid her adieu to the Marauders in the issue before the Hellfire Gala, saying she was going to be moving on. And yes, she will become a permanent fixture in S.W.O.R.D. I think we didn’t put her on the cover of S.W.O.R.D. #7 because we didn’t want to spoil that, but she is all over that issue in a big way. That will be the first place that she begins acting as Regent of the solar system that you definitely want to check out. And then S.W.O.R.D. #8, you’ll see her on the cover fighting — it looks pretty awesome — and yeah, that is a place that she’s going to be going forward.

I should mention that S.W.O.R.D. #7 is part of The Last Annihilation crossover. Let me just say, I know some people are trepidatious about crossovers right now. First of all, it’s masterminded by Al Ewing. So, if you’re enjoying his S.W.O.R.D. run, you’ll probably also enjoy his Guardians of the Galaxy. They do deal with similar things in that they’re both about galactic politics in some ways. But in addition to saying you should check out the whole thing, because it’s actually quite good and I’ve been reading it and enjoying it, you could also just read this issue. It’s great. If you’re just a Storm fan and you want to see her first day on the job, or one of the first things she does on the job, check it out. It’s got big, big stuff and she does cool stuff.

AIPT: Very nice. Now, according to X-Fan Grey, it’s clear Captain America knows — or at least has heard — of Orchis. So, Grey wants to know why the Avengers or Earth’s other heroes aren’t actively trying to stop Orchis.

Jordan: Well, that’s a great question. First, I don’t know that it’s clear he knows.

AIPT: He overheard.

Jordan: He heard the words, we showed that happen, but I don’t know that he knows what it is just yet. Like, I don’t think it’s on his active list of threats right now. And as for why, in general, humans aren’t tackling it — that’s a really good question. And I think that one possible answer, let’s say, is that in the world of the Marvel Universe, mutants are a quote-unquote “complicated issue.”

Now, what do I mean by that? What I mean by that is — and not that I’m saying I think that both sides are right or anything like that, obviously, it’s pretty clear that mutants should be treated well — but without going into any specifics at all, because I really don’t want to, if you think about the things in the real world that people call “complicated issues” that people feel very strongly about, you can probably think of groups of people that you would think are pretty clearly evil and wonder why they haven’t been stopped.

And the answer is because it’s these quote-unquote “complicated issues,” you know, the people on the other side feel the same way. Now, I’m not going to do it, but if I want to, in my head, I could go down every complicated issue and tell you which side is right, because I have strong opinions as well, just like everybody does. So again, I’m not saying mutant-hating bigots are right — they’re not. But I think in the world of the Marvel Universe, it’s not as simple as everyone there going, “Well, if you don’t like mutants, you’re a bad person.” Just like in the real world, there are issues that seem like they should be self-evident and are not treated that way.

AIPT: And I’m sure it’s concerning for some people in the Marvel Universe watching Magneto, who they thought was a mutant terrorist, suddenly take over an entire planet.

Jordan: Exactly true. I mean, the humans — again, I don’t want to say they have a point, because nothing justifies being as terrible as the people who hate mutants have been — but there are things that mutants have done that make people uncomfortable. And that goes for everyone across the board. Steve did really beautifully show how a very moral and compassionate person could react to these things, even though they are surprising and kind of put you on your back foot, he shows that no, there’s still a good way to react to it. But I think Steve Rogers is one of the best people, right? He’s a highly moral person and not everybody gets it. So I think a lot of humans are scared by mutants — even humans who don’t hate them and are acting against them — I think they’re afraid of how big the moves they are making are. Yes, that is something that they do need to come to terms with in various ways.

Also, while we’re talking about Captain America and that scene, let me just praise Al, who did a great job on that. I know historically, a lot of X-Fans will call out the Avengers for not being concerned enough about mutant problems and saying that they are bigoted against mutants in some way. I really think Al did a nice job of showing that Steve isn’t, but that he’s just not there yet. He’s not exactly in lockstep with them because he doesn’t know what they’re doing.

AIPT: OK, moving on to another human Avenger… maybe. X-Fans Griffin and Ann wanted to know if Wanda walked through a Krakoan gate without a flower to meet Magneto, which would imply she’s actually a mutant. Or maybe she just teleported? Also, if she stepped through a gate, wouldn’t X-Force have noticed?

Jordan: We did not show her going through a gate.

AIPT: She’s standing in front of a gate, or it looks like a gate, so people assume she stepped through a gate.

Jordan: Well, listen, we didn’t show her going through a gate, whether she went through a gate or not, I don’t know the answer because it’s not something we address, but I also don’t think it really makes a difference in the sense that, would X-Force know if she came from a gate? Yes. But I think the fact that she’s there means she was probably invited and she’s not a party crasher. She’s there because she was asked to be there. And so if X-Force saw that she was there, they would go, “Oh,” rather than attack her.

In addition, like you said, she could’ve teleported there, so that’s one possible explanation. And here’s another, did she walk through a gate? Yeah, maybe she did. Does that mean she’s a mutant? Well, you’d think the answer was “Yes.” Except, as we know, she was thought to be a mutant for many, many, many years. And she was thought to be a mutant by people who have technology developed specifically for identifying mutants.

So while she is not a mutant, whatever she is, whatever was done to her, was enough to fool Cerebro, apparently. Because otherwise, all of those years, Xavier would’ve been going, “It’s weird that there’s a Brotherhood and she doesn’t fit in this at all.” Like, no, she clearly did. And so did Quicksilver. So I think there’s a good chance that whatever that is, she might be able to walk through a gate. That’s a great question and we’ll have to see if we ever get an answer on that, specifically.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/28/x-...e-gala-week-4/
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-28-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Still waiting to hear about where Cable will show up after his Reloaded one-shot in August. I’m assuming SWORD, because in this interview Ewing says they have “big plans for Cable and how he fits into the mosaic of the space books”: https://www.gamesradar.com/inside-th...with-al-ewing/

So it would have to be SWORD as I don’t think there’s another X-book set in space. I suppose they’re probably waiting for the Kid Cable series to finally end before saying more.

His answer on Wanda and the gate gave me a headache.

LOVE that Storm is going to shine bright like a diamond in this series going forward!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm personally not choosing to equate those two events but I do feel you're handwaving what happened during Decimation. Yes there were mutants that were happy to lose their powers. And then there was Ghoul, who became insanely jealous of those mutants who lost their powers because he hated his, and went on a killing spree of depowered mutants. So my point is that there were many ripple effects due to Wanda's action. It's not simply "some mutants lost their powers and some died."
    How am I hand waving away Wanda's actions? I am merely pointing out that the murder of millions is more heinous than the depowering of millions. Both directly impacted the mutant community as a whole.

Both Cassandra nova and Wanda are guilty of horrendous and devastating attacks on the mutant community. Isn't that enough condemnation of Wanda?

Mighty Member

Lol at how defensive the Wanda/gate answer was. Almost as defensive as the Captain America (who always come off as a self-absorbed douchebag).

The truth is they forgot and messed up by not including the flower, so they now have to giver some super-complicated answer.

And the truth about Captain America is that it's hard to make the Avengers care about X problems because if they did, those books would become X books themselves.