Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    My money is on Ororo. Although at this point, I see them about as about morally equivalent.

“Cyclops was right?”

No. Gyrich IS right.

Unleash the Nimrods on this rogue, genocidal “nation” run by gangsters.
    Alternatively, break Trask’s crappy programming and let the sentinels go their own way on Mercury without their primary directive

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If Magneto kills Wanda, it's because for some reason she actually WAS a mutant who turned human. So by killing her, he'd be able to to bring her back as a mutant.
    Considering corporeal death isn’t exactly an issue for Witches, won’t that open a can of worms if she goes through the protocols and her spirit is standing next to the reborn ‘Wanda’?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    My money is on Ororo.
    Storm has other X-characters who will have her back in space. I think she’ll come out on top.

Also, in what I’m sure will be a surprise to no one, when they went through the explanation of Mysterium and its properties all I could think was “I wonder if adult Cable will upgrade his arm with a Mysterium shell?”

That would be rad. Fingers crossed.

Extraordinary Member

Even with the space Wakandan Empire not needing mysterium, they at least have to acknowledge Storm being declared Regent.
    Their ex-queen being in this new position, must be a big thing for them.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Considering corporeal death isn’t exactly an issue for Witches, won’t that open a can of worms if she goes through the protocols and her spirit is standing next to the reborn ‘Wanda’?
    Correct. Mutant “science” (or “magic”) won’t be capable of repairing this. They will need a true necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They've had a painted target on their backs and fronts since HoX/DoX started. This is just on much larger scale.
    That said, as they are now a member of the Galactic Council they, barring the inevitable internal council strife and shenanigans, they should have some measure of support when it comes to threats from Orchis/Sentinel Prime and the Phalanx, should it come to that.
    Agreed. They now have a newborn alliance with many other systems which heightens their defenses.
    I hope we get to see Broo and his crew pop in to say hello.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Even with the space Wakandan Empire not needing mysterium, they at least have to acknowledge Storm being declared Regent.
    Their ex-queen being in this new position, must be a big thing for them.
    It's all for a good story I mean the fact of the matter is that no nation has the fire power and economic output l to truly challenge krakoa and now arrako. Wakanda is the only thing that comes close as a rival. Hence they being positioned as such. Also it makes sense since they are naturally loners and gave advances thousands of years ahead of the human race.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Correct. Mutant “science” (or “magic”) won’t be capable of repairing this. They will need a true necromancer.
    Jaime can. It was strongly hinted that he alone could resurect Betsy after she was shattered. His omega power over reality transcends anything that wanda can ever do so bringing her back won't be a problem. The question is would she consent to it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Jaime can. It was strongly hinted that he alone could resurect Betsy after she was shattered. His omega power over reality transcends anything that wanda can ever do so bringing her back won't be a problem. The question is would she consent to it.
    I wouldn’t say jamie powers trascend wanda’s, they are kind of good/bad at different things using very different methods
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I more meant do we want to open that metaphysical can of worms?

Or risk Wanda’s brain patterns doing to Cerebro what it did to Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is Magneto being sincere or is this all a ploy to gain favor with the Kree-Skull Empire? The book mentioned they're wary of making an alliance with Krakoa because of the vendetta mutants have against Wanda.
    Magneto is my favorite character and one thing is consistent with him. He will always put the well being of mutantkind over everything else. He may sometimes feel bad about it or go to far but that fact won't change.

So do I think he is playing Wanda no but if there is a choice between her and mutants he will choose mutants

Does GotG explain why Nova is such a dick? I don't get his mentality at all. Also I'm human but sometimes, like, f*** the human species. We're selfish a**holes.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Does GotG explain why Nova is such a dick? I don't get his mentality at all. Also I'm human but sometimes, like, f*** the human species. We're selfish a**holes.
    Yes he and magneto became very cordial in a couple of pages
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

A poster in another thread mentioned he and Magneto worked it out.

Anyone have any scans?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He was just sick of relying on villians.