Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I’m going to guess that Mags is keeping Wanda close in order to safeguard Krakoa’s intergalactic standing and the danger she represents to mutants; nothing more. The Skrulls have expressed their loyalty is in play because Wanda is some sort of issue.

Wanda’s demonstrated, through Genosha zombies, she longs for redemption. Moreover, among other things, she is something of a refugee. She doesn’t really have a tribe. She’s slaughtered Avengers and mutants alike, and been ostracized. Given her past and abilities, letting her drift without a purpose and community is dangerous for her and others.

It is wild, though, to imagine that Mags “murder” might be: he is planning to neutralize Wanda by convincing her to go through the crucible and then (unknown to Wanda) install his real daughter Anya’s consciousness. He would just need Eva Bell to exfil Anya from the past then have Tempo age her.
    That is really dark and messed-up prediction buddy. I don't know if that's the direction they want to go with...

While I read that scene in SWORD as being genuine from Magneto, Magneto is also a self-serving prick. He will do anything if it helps further his agenda, and it makes sense for him to play nice to Wanda in order for Krakoa to have a good standing with the Kree-Skull alliance. Magneto could be his manipulative old self again and just using Wanda to further his agenda. It could also be one of those situations where it's a mixture of the two - he could be genuine, yet also using his sincerity to his advantage.

I want to believe that Magneto does want to mend bridges with Wanda, but given how much of an a-hole he can be, it wouldn't surprise me if he has an agenda. Though on that note, given Magneto's characterization recently, I'm really to believe that scene at the end of SWORD has some levels of sincerity to it, even if the end goal for Magneto is for something bigger.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I donīt think the position taken by the Kree/Skrull Empyre matters to him a lot, yes itīs an issue but Brand and Sword have been dealing with it and before SWORD #6 it looked like he mostly dislikes mixing personal and internal Krakoa issues with another goverment, he personally cares how Wanda feels about it, not how the Kree/Skrull think about Krakoa.

Lest compare scenes on SWORD #1 he was given the perfect moment to talk about Krakoa changing their possition just to have a better relationship with the empyre but he didnīt take it, he was just angry at having to discuss this at all with an stranger:

SWORD #6 Wanda talks about the pretender and he tells her he will do what he has to make things right, meaning this matter doesnīt depend just on him even with the authority he has on Krakoa but that he will try to change it:

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I donīt think the position taken by the Kree/Skrull Empyre matters to him a lot, yes itīs an issue but Brand and Sword have been dealing with it and before SWORD #6 it looked like he mostly dislikes mixing personal and internal Krakoa issues with another goverment, he personally cares how Wanda feels about it, not how the Kree/Skrull think about Krakoa.

Lest compare scenes on SWORD #1 he was given the perfect moment to talk about Krakoa changing their possition just to have a better relationship with the empyre but he didnīt take it, he was just angry at having to discuss this at all with an stranger:

SWORD #6 Wanda talks about the pretender and he tells her he will do what he has to make things right, meaning this matter doesnīt depend just on him even with the authority he has on Krakoa but that he will try to change it:

I do ultimately agree, like I typed beforehand I did read that end scene in SWORD as being genuine. Given his recent characterization, I also do agree him manipulating Wanda would match with how Hickman's X-Men have been portraying him. That scene from SWORD #1 is a prime example of why I don't think he has ulterior motives.

I'm just saying we shouldn't forget that Magneto is a supervillain, and he has done plenty of bad things over the years.

Erik just wants Wanda to be mutant, thats literally whats going to happen lol. All this 'pretender' business is setting it up.

Him having this ultra malicious plan is not something i see happening.

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I do ultimately agree, like I typed beforehand I did read that end scene in SWORD as being genuine. Given his recent characterization, I also do agree him manipulating Wanda would match with how Hickman's X-Men have been portraying him. That scene from SWORD #1 is a prime example of why I don't think he has ulterior motives.

I'm just saying we shouldn't forget that Magneto is a supervillain, and he has done plenty of bad things over the years.
    He is a grey/anti-hero at most since the last 20 years in the real world and before Krakoa he openly defended Wanda during Childrenīs Crusade, yes he usually has plans but those mostly donīt have anything to do with the people he cares about, he pretty much separates the two and if forced to choose, he chooses the people he loves even when/if this brings him trouble.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Erik just wants Wanda to be mutant, thats literally whats going to happen lol. All this 'pretender' business is setting it up.

Agreed I personally saw this scene as him and her agreeing to keep their father daughter relationship even if they are not linked by blood and him doing his part in bringing down the "Pretender" situation and take the matter to the Quiet Council on Krakoa, as far as he knows Wanda is not a mutant but we know marvel probably is getting ready to bring down the retcon, maybe "Trial of Magneto" or Darkhold will be the place where it happens.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-24-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well if he doesn't think Wanda's a mutant, which would mean he wouldn't think her kids are...who would he kill then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well if he doesn't think Wanda's a mutant, which would mean he wouldn't think her kids are...who would he kill then
    You just really want Tommy to die don't you lol

Astonishing Member

There is another cynical reason Eric might want Wanda inside: No More Moira

Moira’s mortality is a massive weak point in any victory condition. A Moira who Wanda depowered however is merely, mortally, a human

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I personally saw this scene as him and her agreeing to keep their father daughter relationship even if they are not linked by blood and him doing his part in bringing down the "Pretender" situation and take the matter to the Quiet Council on Krakoa, as far as he knows Wanda is not a mutant but we know marvel probably is getting ready to bring down the retcon, maybe "Trial of Magneto" or Darkhold will be the place where it happens.
    Man you guys are taking wishful thinking to a whole new level man getting your hopes up like this. The melt down on this board when it doesn't happen is going to be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    There is another cynical reason Eric might want Wanda inside: No More Moira

Moira’s mortality is a massive weak point in any victory condition. A Moira who Wanda depowered however is merely, mortally, a human
    Wanda can't depower her. Wanda lost that ability when she lost the life force in Children's Crusade.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

So now that we have a second Peak, who will staff it?
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Storm. Just Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Brand will probably select new mutants specially those who are not so loyal to the Quiet Council, maybe some from Arakko and maybe Storm will add some people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz
    Man you guys are taking wishful thinking to a whole new level man getting your hopes up like this. The melt down on this board when it doesn't happen is going to be amazing
    Maybe but I have some reasons to think this way given Magneto will push Krakoa and the Council to the brink but I guess we will find out next week anyway.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Khora will be involved probably.