Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, depowered mutants are not considered human. If they were, the Crucible would be illegal. Also, they can live in Krakoa (like Callisto before her Crucible) Wanda after the Uncanny Avengers retcon was never a mutant. So if she killed her and made her a mutant, she would be like Mister Sinister.
    I always saw it as them fighting to be whole. Specifically apocalypse tells Melody she could walk out of there and live a human life and no one would judge her for it. So in my mind a depowered mutant that wants to remain depowered would essentially be considered human which is why Melody had to apply for it. So let's say someone feels their friend is suffering not being whole, well killing mutants isn't a crime so what is stopping some mutant from going on a rampage to speed up mutants being brought back by killing depowered mutants. I always figured it was the first law. Which now given this issue and magneto vehement defense of it against cortez in a previous issue, i feel he was behind the law because no one could take vengeance on wanda while it stood because she is considered human.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I always saw it as them fighting to be whole. Specifically apocalypse tells Melody she could walk out of there and live a human life and no one would judge her for it. So in my mind a depowered mutant that wants to remain depowered would essentially be considered human which is why Melody had to apply for it. So let's say someone feels their friend is suffering not being whole, well killing mutants isn't a crime so what is stopping some mutant from going on a rampage to speed up mutants being brought back by killing depowered mutants. I always figured it was the first law. Which now given this issue and magneto vehement defense of it against cortez in a previous issue, i feel he was behind the law because no one could take vengeance on wanda while it stood because she is considered human.
    I think depowered mutants are considered "handicapped mutants" rather than humans. They have privileges on Krakoa that normal humans don't have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    The Crucible is voluntary. He is preparing to murder her. And his helmet is off, so he is speaking to Charles who is collaborating. That is why Onslaught is on the loose.
    We really don't know that.

If they wanted to kill Wanda for the simple purpose of killing Wanda, they would have a thousand easier ways to do it without Magneto staining his hands himself.

Incredible Member

Marvel wouldn't do it, but historically speaking, the mutants should attack Wakanda and wipe it off the face of the Earth. The Roman empire would never have allowed the continued existence of this nation that continues to buck the empire. Abigail in her monologue mentions "a single unified world, a single government" but we don't have that yet, do we?

Wakanda delenda est.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Marvel wouldn't do it, but historically speaking, the mutants should attack Wakanda and wipe it off the face of the Earth. The Roman empire would never have allowed the continued existence of this nation that continues to buck the empire. Abigail in her monologue mentions "a single unified world, a single government" but we don't have that yet, do we?

Wakanda delenda est.
    Yeah good luck getting Storm on board for that as well as the Wakanda mutants. As well as many of the black mutants like Manifold , Prodigy, etc

BANNED

Also, in a VAST and populated universe, it’s funny (and on brand) that humans would think they own Mars? Like, consult with WHOMST, exactly? The USA? Uhhhhh….what?

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    Also, in a VAST and populated universe, it’s funny (and on brand) that humans would think they own Mars? Like, consult with WHOMST, exactly? The USA? Uhhhhh….what?
    Humans had Mars for years, as we saw in Secret Avengers. They exploited its resources.

Mutants do not need a unified government on Earth because for that they have formed a unified government on Mars.

It is his way of having a unified government with which to have representation on the galactic political map without the need to conquer anyone on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    Humans had Mars for years, as we saw in Secret Avengers. They exploited its resources.
    Corporations had bases on Mars, which is not the same as settling.

Mutants have bases on the Moon and that doesn't mean it's theirs.

Wakanda delenda est.
    Wakanda nor any other government is not worth that and they've done nothing to warrant that..

Mutants need to focus on mutants lol. That's where the story is.

I think depowered mutants are considered "handicapped mutants" rather than humans. They have privileges on Krakoa that normal humans don't have.

We really don't know that.

If they wanted to kill Wanda for the simple purpose of killing Wanda, they would have a thousand easier ways to do it without Magneto staining his hands himself.
    I don't recall seeing any depowered mutants on krakoa that were not going into the crucible. Even the gravity woman in way of X (brain fart) was there to get someone to battle with her. Why wouldn't anyone offer to just stab her or any of the other depowered mutants if it isn't a crime. May as well just let sabretooth out and let him have a field day. It would be hard not to help a friend begging you to make them whole without having to fight so they can be brought back.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Wakanda delenda est.
    Parthia and the Sassanids say hi

As do the Germans, Scots and Armenians

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't recall seeing any depowered mutants on krakoa that were not going into the crucible. Even the gravity woman in way of X (brain fart) was there to get someone to battle with her. Why wouldn't anyone offer to just stab her or any of the other depowered mutants if it isn't a crime. May as well just let sabretooth out and let him have a field day. It would be hard not to help a friend begging you to make them whole without having to fight so they can be brought back.
    Spurrier said on Twitter that the Crucible is not exactly mandatory, there is simply a lot of social pressure for it.

Callisto has been a part of Krakoa long before deciding to do the Crucible.

BANNED

Oh and ya…with the addition of Storm, the Arraki are truly the Morlock stand ins for the new era. I expect them to be massacred in a year or two. It’s giving same but different….but I love it.

Spurrier said on Twitter that the Crucible is not exactly mandatory, there is simply a lot of social pressure for it.

Callisto has been a part of Krakoa long before deciding to do the Crucible.
    Well damn how i forget callisto. I didn't really think to include her since she was the right hand of a council member but when your right your right. That is a good example.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    Oh and ya…with the addition of Storm, the Arraki are truly the Morlock stand ins for the new era. I expect them to be massacred in a year or two. It’s giving same but different….but I love it.
    You love the idea of a people being created to be massacred?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Good point. They are her new Morlocks. Storm has always been a terrible leader.