Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Lol like im glad Storm is now pretty much diving into mutant arrakkii culture and away from Wakanda. I hope we get a planet arrako book showcasing this but overall Krakoa doesn't need a damn thing from Wakanda either so i guess its a vice versa situation. Now we can move on from them in the mutant world lol.
    I love the idea of Storm having to now build trust and relationships with the Arraki. I’m getting Morlocks vibes but on a whole other level.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But to be fair, given this weeks issues and solicits i think there is more of a chance of Krakoa to fall. If Krakoa crumbles and you already have the mutants on MArs etc you could essentially destroy krakoa on earth and the gates while leaving a mutant planet where mutants can't just bounce from one place to the other without gates. But i have to say i would be interesting to see who would want to take credit for destroying so much potential. There could be a time where humans are finally granted the same access to walk through anywhere. We certainly know it's possible. There are going to be a lot of important mutants in space during inferno, see marauders solicit or in otherworld.
    As much as we have railed against it...and mock the doom-sayers for it...we always knew Krakoa things would not develop all rosy and bright and stay that way, indefinitely. Inferno clearly is the "beginning of the end". And I'm here for it. Mainly because that End could be the beginning of something even greater for mutants, as a whole. It's all so exciting to think about.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This thread hasn't been nearly as chaotic as I hop- thought it would be....

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As much as we have railed against it...and mock the doom-sayers for it...we always knew Krakoa things would not develop all rosy and bright and stay that way, indefinitely. Inferno clearly is the "beginning of the end". And I'm here for it. Mainly because that End could be the beginning of something even greater for mutants, as a whole. It's all so exciting to think about.
    Very true. Just because one doesn't lean in on the negativity doesn't mean we can't see the potential for it. Just figured i'd let them know they sane before i'm looking at the full glass again. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This thread hasn't been nearly as chaotic as I hop- thought it would be....
    Me too. I wanna see some Wanda bashing so I can either get a good laugh and jump in for defense.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Me too. I wanna see some Wanda bashing so I can either get a good laugh and jump in for defense.
    I LOVED that moment between Erik and Wanda. It's sure to cause some tension, going forward. And I also loved her showing up in her classic costume. Schiti killed! that panel....as he did the entire book.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    And mags is a hypocrite calling franklin a pretender but trying to be a loving father to the actual pretender lol. Never change magnus never change.
    Magneto to the public: Bah, we don’t care for these pretenders.

Magneto the second he steps away: Wanda!!! Why do you never call anymore?! All I have is your sister now!

I'm indifferent towards Wanda but I love that Ewing had her say that she didn't feel comfortable because of what she's done and what she's SAID because IMO some of that **** she was spewing after AvX was crazy bad.

So I'm glad she acknowledges it. And after seeing that September solit of the Trial of Magneto. I want the House of M to be full again. Family reunited. Please and thank you.

Also when do we find out who Magneto kills!? Is that in X-Factor?

Also in regards to when Magneto says Pretender. They do always make sure to draw him sullen or conflicted. IMO. And sometimes he whispers it too himself. So I think they did a great job with the reveal.

Gahd I want Ewing on more X-Books. He's just so good at tying things together and adding things to a story that you didn't think you needed.

And the art was gorgeous.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-23-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Great issue.
    Brand has the best Gala outfit hands down. I like that they took the initial idea of Krakoa's foundation and giving Krakoan flowers to the people of Earth as a way to solidify their status as a country and used it to the galactic scale with 'the Sol'.
    I hope that Doom spends the rest of the year trying to court Storm so he can be the King of Mars and I'm glad that they brought in the Intergalactic Wakandan Alliance.
    The end with Wanda/Magneto was interesting just on the level of which stance of his is actually genuine? Is it his public one where he decries Wanda or this private one where he says that she's still his daughter? Either could really fit him.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Very true. Just because one doesn't lean in on the negativity doesn't mean we can't see the potential for it. Just figured i'd let them know they sane before i'm looking at the full glass again. lol
    With PS and now SWORD...the hate/race-issues between the Krakoan Mutants and Verendi and Peacock Man etc. all seem a bit...paltry. Still interesting...as X-Men tropes go...but ultimately irrelevant. Because other than the Mutant and Human in Harmony dream, the Mutants have shown they don't need to be there, but instead choose to stay there for the sake of that dream. (And we get the ongoing conflict, in-story)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-23-2021 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And looked STUNNSATIONAL, doing so.

Same here. Nobody aint gots no time for Earth's messiness.
    The other delegates made it abundantly clear Earthers in general are their own worst enemy. And why as a planet they were never respected in the political arena.
    And they were RIGHT lol.

I felt not a damn thing when Steve said they were on the sidelines. Im sure Planet Arrako will be all the MESS we love in the mutant world but atleast they are united.

Arrako and Storm is possibly the best combination, this is the development that could not have happened had the xmen stayed running through alleyways for their lives. This era continues to deliver.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-23-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I look at it as Wanda is basically a reality warper so she can make the gate and Krakoa think whatever she wants to gain access to the gate.
    I doubt she was doing all that. Wanda coming through the gate is definitely a plot point, hopefully Ewing makes it plain soon enough (I expect the Trial of Magneto to spell things out.) Even his comment about Anya's eyes looking just like Wanda's...she's his child. My headcanon since that stupid retcon has been that she used her reality warping to undo her true parentage out of her hatred for Magneto.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Great issue.
    Brand has the best Gala outfit hands down. I like that they took the initial idea of Krakoa's foundation and giving Krakoan flowers to the people of Earth as a way to solidify their status as a country and used it to the galactic scale with 'the Sol'.
    I hope that Doom spends the rest of the year trying to court Storm so he can be the King of Mars and I'm glad that they brought in the Intergalactic Wakandan Alliance.
    The end with Wanda/Magneto was interesting just on the level of which stance of his is actually genuine? Is it his public one where he decries Wanda or this private one where he says that she's still his daughter? Either could really fit him.
    I'm not convinced either Wanda or Magneto isn't Mystique in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love the idea of Storm having to now build trust and relationships with the Arraki. I’m getting Morlocks vibes but on a whole other level.
    Yesss but lets keep her there, thats where i want her to live lol. Arrako is interesting as hell.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Loved this issue.

Loved seeing Storm take charge, and I guess it's official she'll be in this book from now on?

Ooh, the Magneto/Scarlett Witch conversation felt like some major foreshadowing.
    I just hope that she doesn't crowd the others out.
    My flag is bacon.