Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    I liked stacy x in this issue but what was up with her run away slave outfit? I expected stacy to show up in her classic leather outfits or something similar. Otherwise loved her characterization. I sensed real growth. I thought she needed to touch people to use her powers though?
    I would've liked that, too. I just think there's a push at Marvel and DC these days to cover women up and de-sexify them. It's not wholly consistent yet, but it's happening. *shrugs*

I'm not totally familiar with Stacy X. Was she actually using her powers to push people to have sex?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Mystique didn't abandon kurt because she wanted to. She was forced by the mob who were hunting her and beat her to a bloody pulp. Thats why in aoa she raised him
    Are you kidding me? She threw him over a waterfall. Thats attempted murder she just should have tossed him on the ground and fled. And that would have been child abandonment. And that may have been something she could come back from but I really don't want to say this because of all the unsavory types, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm not totally familiar with Stacy X. Was she actually using her powers to push people to have sex?
    Yes. Gambit once got called out on similar things with his charm powers but depending on how its written it can be seen as sheer fantasy or more sinister. Many phrases like "Florence Nightengale syndrome" used as a romantic trope in example is something that would be a problem today that has been featured both in literature, TV and film. Like with Gambit some might find that power cool and sexy and others creepy.

ETA: That includes male doctors and nurses.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-23-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Look Si said he did not see Kurt as really a religious sort and despite some of these posts I am going to read it first... and this may be a build up to something like him admitting to himself he wanted to be again that fun and sexy guy that he used to be before he became a priest or thought he became a Priest depending on who you talk or what editor you listen to. Truth be told I thought him making a fool of himself was his pranks. I pre-ordered this on Amazon/Comixology. I hope its worth it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-23-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    It's clear what Krakoa was supposed to be what Arrako is now. Krakoa was supposed to be a warrior race where mutants learned to work together to fight create defend and die for the state of Krakoa. The problem is that the main person that would have forged Krakoa into that was Apocalypses.

When Apocalypses left Krakoa lost it's direction because Xavier and Magneto are too focused on bigger things. He was going to be the main guy while Magneto focused on defense of the nation while Xavier focused on the big time planning. No one has stepped up to instill those values into the mutants.
    What? No that's not clear at all. Where are you getting that from?

Astonishing Member

So someone’s pointed out that it’s odd that all these babies are already manifesting at birth instead of at puberty.

Or it’s only the ones who have manifested that are being abandoned?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So someone’s pointed out that it’s odd that all these babies are already manifesting at birth instead of at puberty.

Or it’s only the ones who have manifested that are being abandoned?
    it looks like the 2 at the front are visibly mutants, but the rest seem pretty normal. seems like its just people don't want kids and just leave them. i hope its an actual problem to be dealt with and not just onslaught did it and when he's gone everything's perfect.

Astonishing Member

I think so, don't remember how her powers work but it was either through increasing endorphins, or through pheromones.She seems to make people horny or extremely euphoric(sexually) , it would definitely be her forte to run a Krakoa pleasure house

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Sort of, but I don't think "push" is quite the right word. She has pheromone powers, but as she says in this issue, she can't make people do anything they don't want to. And the fact that people are seeking out her services means they are consenting to experiencing the effects of her power. So she's not "pushing" as much as facilitating.

I think Stacy X's words to Kurt may have some left over hurt from him rejecting her.

This series is just so… necessary. Forming a society is MESSY and Si doesn’t pull any punches.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What? No that's not clear at all. Where are you getting that from?
    The first crucible issue and then the Magneto issue where he destoryed the plant people.

Both of those issues were showing both if their respective roles on the island. Apoc was going to teach mutants the pride and valor it was going to take to be considered a true mutant. Forging them into something stronger. His whole conversation to Aero is trying to bring the warrior spirit out of her and not fear death to fight to the end. (this is further shown during Gorgon's death in 10 of Swords where Apoc approves of the way he died)

While Magneto's issue was showing how much of a hero Magneto was to mutants and what that means. How important is was to defend Krakoa and why Magneto is so beloved by the mutants. This was all narrated by Exodus teaching the kids that this is the thing you should be aspiring to do.

All-New Member

I was about to drop this book and then Spurrier writes this amazing issue. Thank you for finally asking and answering the tough questions the "no more mutants" law being up. And thank you for making me root for Stacy X, a misused character who deserves better.
    Xavier and his quiet council are going to see that running a nation is not the same as running one secret school.

I'm not down on Stacy being written as some bitter gal sounding all cheesy though it comes close to being sexist. I am back and forth on her involvement. I don't want her to be a new Maddie Pryer trainwreck though. This isn't a comeback to me but it may be a door that has been opened so she can be focused on elsewhere. She may not be used the rest of the series my feeling is but when Kurt wanted to know about what Stacy was passing out or saw what Stacy was passing out and she mentions him being less Catholic these days and Kurt says no that's not what this was about and he really doesn't say much because Stacy goes on a tangent the rest of the issue and I feel like this could have been done in less words and with less anger and panel time could at least be divvied up so other characters could get more focus, sooo.

Another beef is that Kurt isn't driving this thing obviously. And the punch would have been earned I guess about making a remark about her turning things that are sacred into a brothel (?) but at the end I can't even fathom Kurt sharing the bar with someone who beat him and it came from the woman who practically forced herself on him... doesn't sit well with me. I give this issue a thumbs down. I could not even find giving up Mercury as anything to make up for everything else being... pretty awful here. BUT I think something is not quite right with the rest of the cast and Kurt isn't completely in the wrong. Especially the final page hints to it. There are more pieces coming. Hopefully next issue will be better.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-25-2021 at 09:56 PM.