Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I like how Kurt is seen by others. He has taken this on himself and what he is doing is exposing all the flaws in Krakoa. The things we readers have seen since the start yet the comics haven’t touched. So the management of Krakoa is still turning a blind eye to this and looks down on him when he’s trying to make sense of it. The layers of hubris.

Yet Kurt is bearing the brunt of it and sometimes he gets reduced to a rather one dimensional character to sell it. Perhaps a reckoning is coming. Probably the answer will be more internalized with Kurt channeling their voices in a stand before the council.

I personally liked the abortion argument against Krakoa. Of course they need professional institutes for raising the children if they are so set on bolstering their numbers by procreation.

I saw Stacy X as being unfair to Kurt because she was just waiting for a moment to be heard. So all her frustration got out and Kurt took more then he deserved. With Kurt not being ready to represent the council and therefore having no response or way to deal with it.

Overall Stacy needs someone to bite back more. Hopefully Kurt will be more in shape for that next issue.

Legion being Legion shows us he needs characters that he is invested in, otherwise he becomes to chaotic and detached for him to be anything but an disruption element if he isn’t the driving force. I miss Ruth.

Pixie should always be drawn by Bob Quinn. I love her reactions. Her freckles. Her beautiful whimsy hair. Such has a joy to look at.

This issue was more emotional response then philosophical for me. Still good though. Love Kurts mess in the gala. Just the right way to deal with it without letting it derail the issue.
    I like your take on it.

Good issue marvel needs to give sprurrier a ongoing x-book.

Astonishing Member

this is a good book, it makes me sad it seems to be a mini

Thought this issue was a step down from the previous two.

I didn't hate it in the way a lot of X-Twitter seemed too, but Kurt seemed way too much of a prudish bore compared to his previous characterisation.

Also sucks that the New X-Men Kids still get all the **** times.

First Rockslide being the first 'permanent death' and now poor Cessily/Alani being the only ones who can't shag in peace on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post

I didn't hate it in the way a lot of X-Twitter seemed too, but Kurt seemed way too much of a prudish bore compared to his previous characterisation.

First Rockslide being the first 'permanent death' and now poor Cessily/Alani being the only ones who can't shag in peace on Krakoa.
    I thought this issue was the best so far
    I enjoyed the first 2 however they were very much setting the table whereas this third one brought things into focus by narrowing down Onslaught as the villain while also delivering excellent character work for a vast array of characters. Stacy X truly was a delightful surprise in particular and the issues she brought up feel very relevant to this new Krakoan era.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

yea xtwitter was saying the issue was bad but I thought it was fine. what was their gripe around it?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There's no way the Exodus wouldn't be all over this child thing. Exodus would hands down be telling any mutant that could hear please give me all your children that you don't want so that I can raise them with my ideology.

I am betting 100 million dollars that we are going to see Exodus running something like that. Heck he might go to Stacy X and use his council seat as a way to take over for her.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post

Yeah, I’m a bit puzzled by Nighty being written as totally against and/or critical of causal sex/hookups. While he doesn’t have a huge pool of exes, he has had causal sexual relationships that didn’t exactly involve deep romantic feelings before (like his hookup with Bloody Bess a few years back in the series written by Claremont, and I believe he hooked up with a Nightcrawler fan girl before). Somehow this doesn’t feel like the open-minded, understanding Nighty we know and love, though I suppose that might be the Spurrier’s point. I just hope we see some of the confident, open Kurt that he used to be before Krakoa at some point, I miss that guy. Borderline alcoholic Nightcrawler grappling for understanding is an interesting development for him, but kind of sad, too.

Astonishing Member

You would think the mutants who were rejected by their families and society would be the last people to abandon their kids.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I’m just not sure I recognise Way of X’s Kurt in comparison to the sexy Kurt we’re used to.

400D72D8-6602-403D-AEAD-DEBA19D05549.jpg
    This is my Kurt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I’m just not sure I recognise Way of X’s Kurt in comparison to the sexy Kurt we’re used to.

This is my Kurt.
    Right, the swaggering pirate that hooked up with alien babes during his days in Excalibur.

He envisions himself a pirate, but a chaste one? Okay...

Still another well-written issue even if his characterization is off.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post

This is my Kurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    Right, the swaggering pirate that hooked up with alien babes during his days in Excalibur.

He envisions himself a pirate, but a chaste one? Okay...

Still another well-written issue even if his characterization is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Yeah, I’m a bit puzzled by Nighty being written as totally against and/or critical of causal sex/hookups. While he doesn’t have a huge pool of exes, he has had causal sexual relationships that didn’t exactly involve deep romantic feelings before (like his hookup with Bloody Bess a few years back in the series written by Claremont, and I believe he hooked up with a Nightcrawler fan girl before). Somehow this doesn’t feel like the open-minded, understanding Nighty we know and love, though I suppose that might be the Spurrier’s point. I just hope we see some of the confident, open Kurt that he used to be before Krakoa at some point, I miss that guy. Borderline alcoholic Nightcrawler grappling for understanding is an interesting development for him, but kind of sad, too.
    Yes, exactly all of this. His character felt off in issue 3, and it’s why I’m hoping this is all leading to something that pays-off.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Heh, I really don’t think he’s old enough for my fanfic...

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

One of those women is Domina.