Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Some of those dudes were on the floor before All Might entered the scene, anime confirms it as six people knocked out.
    OK, even if we make it the minimum: 50 meters, the steps, 6 people knocked out - all in a flash before any of them move, basically a muscle. He's in one place, he's then a long way away before any of them have the chance to lift their hands. That's a decent enough feat, and it's not like it was remotely implied that he had to go all out to achieve it. He's casual (despite knowing that he has seconds left of OFA before transforming).

I did not read that indistinct shape as an afterimage, I took that as dust kicked up by his motion.
    Whether it's dust or afterimage, the fact remains that he is on one side of them, then he's on the other, precisely picking up three other people while already carrying one, and they are still staring at the place he's at. He goes further away, and they still havent managed to turn their heads. Again, not done in "I'm having to go all out to do this." At that point, All Might still thought that he was going to one-shot the Nomu.

Again, in the same sequence in the anime, there's no afterimage but there is a dust cloud in front of Nomu and Shigaraki which would support my reading.
    As stated above, it doesn't matter, given that he did all of that before they could move a muscle.

Also, "Pretty tiny,"? They are like maximum 15 metres away. They are within like a five seconds jog distance.
    Again, he did this before they could move. He'd passed them, done some precise stuff, and they hadn't reacted even slightly.

I'm not denying that the Nagant feat is good, as I've said previously, it's arguably the best and cleanest speed feat in the entire show. However, Deku having to explicitly do a complex set up to amp his speed to the point where he can do that leaves us with a pretty ambiguous idea of where his nominal speed sits in relation to that, especially when all his other speed feats (and arguably All Might's as well) aren't anywhere near that.
    I'm not really arguing that. What we have, though, is:

1. We know that OFA provides some degree of superhuman speed. We've seen it a bunch of times.

2. In a stroke of luck, as far as calc stuff goes, we know that Deku, thanks to Fa Jin, is using OFA at 100% when he literally outruns a bullet that is most definitely at least mach 3, probably faster, based on what we know the shooter can do with those bullets, and performs complex actions as well, all at that speed. This tells us, if we accept the feat, that 100% OFA is multimach speedster level. That's blitz-fast on bullet timers, even multiple high end bullet timers. It's probably at least a factor of 10 faster than anything Danny Rand or Peter Parker can do on their best days.

3. We know that, again, thanks to the lucky precision of the narration in the book, Deku's normal level of OFA with no prep, no special work, just the stuff he can do all the time, is 45%.

4. Here is where it gets scale-y: I don't see how 45% of the stuff in bullet point 2 is somehow even comparable to people who are a factor of 10 or more slower than 100%. I'm not saying that he'll be able to use 100% OFA against these guys, at least not all of them, because it does require some prep and some futzing about. I'm saying that he doesn't need to against most of them, because 45% makes him a lot faster than they are.

I'm not on the level of calling it SMvsFL because it's an amped stat for him in terms of speed but I don't think it translates to "I can fight competently at massively-faster-than-bullet" speeds of reaction.
    I agree that it doesn't mean he can do it constantly. He needs Fa Jin up and running to make faux 100% But he doesn't need to be multimach to blitz these guys. Single mach will do it. His big issue is Danny, in the martial arts bit, because Danny can AoE him as long as he gets the chance, and he probably maybe will here?

This is why I put the kung fu team in there, I figure Deku (at or whatever passes for normal) is at some level of bullet timing based on the fact he has some decision-making capacity while Nagant's bullets are in flight. I also figure he can, for single burst of movement, (like a specific big jump or whatever) amp himself a fair bit beyond that with Fa Jin.

My feeling is that if the kung fu team could close distance on him, their vastly superior skill and superior numbers aren't going to let him do the set up once more. I figure he gets one or two with a Fa Jin rush but then he's close range and they can actually put hands on him.

Obviously, this is all open to debate but that's my logic with the setup.
    With the KF team, I agree to some extent: I think it comes down to Danny, and the others giving Danny the time to get those AoE's off, slowing Deku, and then they dogpile him. He's got much better soak then any, but he still gets stunned and feels pain, and there are a lot of them. If this were the arena, I'd be leery on Deku winning any against the KF team. But here, it's a city, Deku has concealment, hovering, webs (blackwhip) and precog, plus they start 500m apart. They will need to find him in the smoke, don't have his mobility at all, and he's definitely going to be able to build up Fa Jin enough for one or two bursts before they can close. He can one-shot a number of these guys at faux 100%.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Also, because the bridge fight has been trending on Twitter, I ended up watching a bunch of Tai Lung's feats and man that dude is a handful by himself.

He has speed feats, amusingly enough, that pretty much directly parallel the All-Might feats we've been discussing above (blitzing groups of dudes over medium distances/instantly crossing shorter distances) and he hits like an absolute train, is stupid durable and has paralysing pressure points to boot.

Hmm...

Between him, Baki and Iron Fist, I might have over-egged that pudding a smidge. :/
    And yes, Tai Lung is a monster. Plus, voice by Ian McShane? Hell yes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan