Page 20 of 134 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

What do you think about this theory?

Spider-Man defeats Kindred, OMD is undone but the cost of victory is May Parker's death. And this failure is put on Peter. Peter with MJ on his side (both remembering their marriage) step aside to mourn this loss. Ben Reilly steps in and offer to take the mantle of Spider-Man to let them both mourn. But instead of accepting status quo he decides to find a way to ressurect May (his "aunt" was always a important person in his life). Therefore he decides to join forces with Beyond Corporation. They promise to give means to undo Peter's failure (loss of Aunt May) in exchange for working for them. They are experts at the experimentations of reality, so who knows. Between TASM #74 and TASM #75 there is a time gap, let's say a few months. In this scenario Ben is not an opponent of Peter, rather a more determined hero to fix the mess which has its begginings in Spider-Man's deal with Mephisto. I think this is better scenario than Peter's death.
    Last edited by Dawidos; 06-24-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    The one true Spidey is actually Otto Octavius, dude, get your facts right.
    Ah yes.The guy who tries to sleep with girls half his age and goes through someone else private memories to rub one off when rejected.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Given how fast and quick people post and respond here, blah, blah, blah
    Ugh, it's like trying to catch an eel. I give up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's confirmed not to be. They're saying "thrice-monthly title" and "daring new era" - this won't be over in less than two months.
    I was just reading that and I went from elated to pissed off in about five minutes. FU very much Mr. Lowe. Call me stupid because I felt Marvel would do the right thing and get rid of OMD and Peter as a loser. No now he is a “Failure.” and perhaps dead. We went through this Peter dying crap with The Other, Superior, the movie, Life Story and Kindred. I suspect 874 is the end for me.

Fantastic Member

people need to chill out and relax this is not long term 3 months max thought it would be just october but with november big venom, hulk and avengers 50 in and the big x-men relaunch reconfigure books in dec and or jan marvel is probaly going to space things out so spidey gets it own spotlight month with the new high profile writer.......still could be zdarsky know he has dc commitments to finish and that is one marvel rule the writer of amazing cant write for dc....two things i hope not is bendis returning to take over as he still as many friends in this marvel regime or marvel deaging peter back to high school age permamntely which has come very very close a few times in the quesada era

Quote Originally Posted by Shunt View Post
    Ugh, it's like trying to catch an eel. I give up.
    You've learned a valuable lesson, friend. I've tried for years and failed lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    What do you think about this theory?

Spider-Man defeats Kindred, OMD is undone but the cost of victory is May Parker's death. And this failure is put on Peter. Peter with MJ on his side (both remembering their marriage) step aside to mourn this loss. Ben Reilly steps in and offer to take the mantle of Spider-Man to let them both mourn. But instead of accepting status quo he decides to find a way to ressurect May (his "aunt" was always a important person in his life). Therefore he decides to join forces with Beyond Corporation. They promise to give means to undo Peter's failure (loss of Aunt May) in exchange for working for them. They are experts at the experimentations of reality, so who knows. Between TASM #74 and TASM #75 there is a time gap, let's say a few months. In this scenario Ben is not an opponent of Peter, rather a more determined hero to fix the mess which has its begginings in Spider-Man's deal with Mephisto. I think this is better scenario than Peter's death.
    That is the scenario that I have discussed before, but we are not getting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not see Peter and MJ disappearing from the book. It is more likely that it will be some kind of balance with Ben fighting crime and Peter and MJ being together and Peter taking the time to do what he needs to do. Clear his head, get a job get his PhD being obvious examples of this. Again this is likely a short 3-5 issue arc.
    If that is what it is...I will find it acceptable.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is the scenario that I have discussed before, but we are not getting.
    So maybe an alternative. Peter dies or gets into stasis like Iron Man after Civil War II and Ben Reilly joins forces with Beyond Corporation to find a way to resurrect his brother. He promises MJ to get Peter back to the living and becomes a hero of our flagship title. He is not another Superior Spider-Man. He doesn't want to prove he is better than Peter, he just takes his duties as a superhero and in the meantime he is trying to find an answer: "how can I resurrect Spider-Man"
    Last edited by Dawidos; 06-24-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

From the solocit, it seems like Ben Reilly is being set up to be the bad guy in the end. Will see! Hope they get his character right this time.

I feel like Peter has to be back for issue 900. No way they are going to leave Peter out of his own book on a centennial issue, right?

Also, the fact that this is not a new #1 makes me feel this is all part of the plan and is continuing Peter's story setup thus far in this volume... right? Why wouldn't they give a new #1 if it was a vast departure?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I've been tradewaiting Amazing Spider-Man for like fifteen years. Ben's return to Amazing will see me buying it as a monthly for as long as his story is being told.

Ben will always be my favorite. So stoked to see his story progress in a meaningful way -- and curious how his connection to the Beyond Corporation might link this story to others being told elsewhere in the Marvel Universe.

-Pav, who has no time for naysayers...
    Totally agree. So much complaining and it hasn’t even started yet. It’s okay to complain when the issues are out and you don’t like it, but to complain based on the vaguest of solicitations is what fanboys get criticized for. Me, I’m pumped. This sounds really cool. And Spidey needs a change. Spencer was running on fumes.

This co-written status quo will probably go on until they get the next big writer freed up. May be a year of this until next writer is freed up for it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I feel like Peter has to be back for issue 900. No way they are going to leave Peter out of his own book on a centennial issue, right?

Also, the fact that this is not a new #1 makes me feel this is all part of the plan and is continuing Peter's story setup thus far in this volume... right? Why wouldn't they give a new #1 if it was a vast departure?
    Or ASM 900 could be this issue in which Ben gets a brand new metal suit with claws, then in another 20 issues, Peter will come back, they'll fight, and Ben will realize he's not the one true Batman . . . oh, wait
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

The problem with this idea is we went down this road with Superior. I thought one of the things about Spencer was cleaning up the messes of the Slott era? Marvel is basically bringing back Superior with Ben instead of Otto.