Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I hope Ben's new run goes past #900 just to make all these people calling it filler mad. Ben's no filler character. He's a canon character.
    It could be a case of Peter quitting as Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Maybe to 905? 60th anniversary of AF15 is August of next year. Seems like the latest they'll run Ben as Spider-man, imo.
    The best I can do is 950.

Mighty Member

just hope when Peter comes back, its not as a half witted man child like after the superior era.

Mighty Member

Go for it. I'd love to see it, just don't think that's what Marvel will do

I think they should do sequential Reign of the Supermen - Ben for 25 issues, then Miles for 25, then Kaine, then Anya, then Spidercide, then Peter comes back in ASM 1000
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 06-24-2021 at 02:14 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Just filler until we get to ASM # 900 and Peter comes back. Basically Marvel punting for time until they can get an A-list creative team for # 901.
    I hope so. Replacing Peter with Ben didn't work the last time, so I don't see why they are going to try that again.

Incredible Member

Hmm

There's really little doubt Peter will be back in the saddle by #900.

I feel some sympathy with fans who feel that Spencer's run was about clearing away a lot of the baggage that has dogged the character since One More Day and were hoping for a period of more traditional Spider-Man stories before jumping into another big status quo shift. Still Spencer could have accomplished his goal in under half the time and he personally could have told some traditional Spidey stories.

From the synopsis this does sound very Superior Spider-Man 2.0 which is strange because proving himself Peter's better was never Ben's thing. Then again neither was bringing people back from the dead in cloned bodies or cosmic games with Death so...

90% of the time whenever a hero's identity is usurped it's usually done to point out why a lot of much asked for change is a be careful what you wish for scenario and reaffirms why the original is better. That was the whole point of Superior Spider-Man and I can't help but think this will be the whole point of Beyond too. That's exactly why it can't be Miles. The character is too valuable to Marvel to send the message he's any way a lesser version of Spider-Man whereas Ben is routinely been sh*t on by Marvel since Revelations so no change there.

Still as a fan it's nice to have the character back in a mainstream role and I'm curious how Beyond fits into all this. If nothing else I think this will probably back a better jumping off point to give the character a revival series than Clone Conspiracy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Hmm

There's really little doubt Peter will be back in the saddle by #900.

I feel some sympathy with fans who feel that Spencer's run was about clearing away a lot of the baggage that has dogged the character since One More Day and were hoping for a period of more traditional Spider-Man stories before jumping into another big status quo shift. Still Spencer could have accomplished his goal in under half the time and he personally could have told some traditional Spidey stories.

From the synopsis this does sound very Superior Spider-Man 2.0 which is strange because proving himself Peter's better was never Ben's thing. Then again neither was bringing people back from the dead in cloned bodies or cosmic games with Death so...

90% of the time whenever a hero's identity is usurped it's usually done to point out why a lot of much asked for change is a be careful what you wish for scenario and reaffirms why the original is better. That was the whole point of Superior Spider-Man and I can't help but think this will be the whole point of Beyond too. That's exactly why it can't be Miles. The character is too valuable to Marvel to send the message he's any way a lesser version of Spider-Man whereas Ben is routinely been sh*t on by Marvel since Revelations so no change there.

Still as a fan it's nice to have the character back in a mainstream role and I'm curious how Beyond fits into all this. If nothing else I think this will probably back a better jumping off point to give the character a revival series than Clone Conspiracy.
    The problem is this is nothing more then to quote Aerosmith “Same old song and dance my friend.” I am sick of it. If they kill of Peter ( yet again), I am jumping off ( no need to get angry), I have my Islanders, Yankees and Sun Devils at least I know they try different things to win.

Miles doing the Clone Saga, Aaron doing Heroes Reborn, Reilly taking over for Peter as Spider-Man, it really is the 90s again huh?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Miles doing the Clone Saga, Aaron doing Heroes Reborn, Reilly taking over for Peter as Spider-Man, it really is the 90s again huh?
    will we also see Judas Traveler, the Jackal, Seward Trainer, and the robot master again?

Again, I think fans are jumping the gun a bit. Does this all sound horrible? Yes. No question. The preview just seems so....out of left field. However, it’s not out yet and we still have the end of Spencer’s run left to see what happens.

Like I said before, this could all be one big epic fail. I literally just started picking up some issues again after growing tired of the series after Last Remains and just like that...I’m feeling exhausted again with it all. However, willing to give it the benefit of the doubt which isn’t like me at all when it comes to Spider-Man and Marvel.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    will we also see Judas Traveler, the Jackal, Seward Trainer, and the robot master again?
    Judas Traveler deserves a second chance (and a retcon).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

I think it's kind of a given that Ben is going to approach being Spider-man in ways that Peter maybe wouldn't and put his own spin on things to in his eyes do the best job he can and that's cool but if he gets a big head about it looks down through his nose about the way Peter handled things than thats bogus to me.

Kind of amusing to me how many of the big heroes are going to be sharing the mantle with their legacies: Batman (Bruce & Jace), Superman (Clark & Jon), Flash (Barry & Wally), Aquaman (Arthur & Jackson), Captain America (Steve, Sam, and maybe Bucky?), and now Spider-Man with Ben & Miles!
    Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Again, I think fans are jumping the gun a bit. Does this all sound horrible? Yes. No question. The preview just seems so....out of left field. However, it’s not out yet and we still have the end of Spencer’s run left to see what happens.

Like I said before, this could all be one big epic fail. I literally just started picking up some issues again after growing tired of the series after Last Remains and just like that...I’m feeling exhausted again with it all. However, willing to give it the benefit of the doubt which isn’t like me at all when it comes to Spider-Man and Marvel.
    It’s totally just going to lead up to ASM 900 with Peter’s triumphant return to the mantle and maybe will be a new marriage issue with MJ. How long did BND last, I can’t see this lasting longer or even being as long, a year and a half at most.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Kind of amusing to me how many of the big heroes are going to be sharing the mantle with their legacies: Batman (Bruce & Jace), Superman (Clark & Jon), Flash (Barry & Wally), Aquaman (Arthur & Jackson), Captain America (Steve, Sam, and maybe Bucky?), and now Spider-Man with Ben & Miles!

It’s totally just going to lead up to ASM 900 with Peter’s triumphant return to the mantle and maybe will be a new marriage issue with MJ. How long did BND last, I can’t see this lasting longer or even being as long, a year and a half at most.
    If I recall correctly, BND started in Amazing Spider-Man 546 and lasted until 647. I think it started in January of 2008 and ended in October or November of 2010

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    If I recall correctly, BND started in Amazing Spider-Man 546 and lasted until 647. I think it started in January of 2008 and ended in October or November of 2010
    BND when they tried to Pair Peter Parker with Carlie Cooper