Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2004
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    My bad.Still BND messed him up and Kraven gave him a great exit.
    Well now we have his clone and Anya running around

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Well now we have his clone and Anya running around
    I'm talking about Kraven.His exit was executed in a great fashion.
    His clone is more like his Son and Anya has nothing to do with Kraven's death so......

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm talking about Kraven.His exit was executed in a great fashion.
    His clone is more like his Son and Anya has nothing to do with Kraven's death so......
    Well the clone son accidentally killed him so yeah Ana and the clone would soon show up for the sinister war thing and ock is a clone too

will there finally be some new villains invented rather than having Ben re-encounter all the 60s, 70s and 80s foes?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will there finally be some new villains invented rather than having Ben re-encounter all the 60s, 70s and 80s foes?
    New villains like his own original foes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    We know of one.Obsidian Star

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    New villains like his own original foes?
    I'm still waiting on a comeback from Joystick; she was fun, and could very well have worked as his Black Cat in his original Spider-Man days. Or maybe the resurgence of the Great Game. I mean, bored rich people organizing underground fight clubs with superpowered fighters just to bet on them? Could see the Beyond Corp sending Ben to shut it down (and maybe repurpose the more promising participants for its own schemes). I'd also love to see D'Spayre return to confront Ben and attempt to drive him to despair over never being as good as Peter, much less better.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm still waiting on a comeback from Joystick; she was fun, and could very well have worked as his Black Cat in his original Spider-Man days. Or maybe the resurgence of the Great Game. I mean, bored rich people organizing underground fight clubs with superpowered fighters just to bet on them? Could see the Beyond Corp sending Ben to shut it down (and maybe repurpose the more promising participants for its own schemes). I'd also love to see D'Spayre return to confront Ben and attempt to drive him to despair over never being as good as Peter, much less better.
    I believe Nicieza used Joystick up until the end of his Thunderbolts tenure, before they became Ellis' pet project and so on, so maybe she has a shot at coming back?

So, do we know how long is Beyond supposed to last? Not gonna lie, after reading the TASM#73 topic on the forums, I'm kinda afraid it's going to be a "filler run".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    So, do we know how long is Beyond supposed to last? Not gonna lie, after reading the TASM#73 topic on the forums, I'm kinda afraid it's going to be a "filler run".
    It has seemed like a last moment filler thing from the start.Even the BND style team suggests that.
    My guess is Marvel told the writers that they can't use Peter since the other team who many suspect is a big name has an idea for how to take Peter forward.Brining Ben back is a nostalgia bait for the mean while.
    As many have said Peter will return in 900 and we have 3 issues per month 7-8 months.I don't think even Marvel is dumb enough to have Peter not be in 900.
    Although maybe they want 900 to be the first issue of new run in which case it may end earlier.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I believe Nicieza used Joystick up until the end of his Thunderbolts tenure, before they became Ellis' pet project and so on, so maybe she has a shot at coming back?
    I remember her beating up Speed Demon at one point during Nicieza's run, so it'd be great if Speed Demon tried to come at her for revenge and Spider-Man got caught in the middle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Totally with you on thinking Joystick could and should be a major part of Ben's supporting cast. Gaming has only become a bigger part of general culture since her last appearances, and the number of billionaires in the world has increased as well. Making her more of an anti-villain and having some romantic sparks between her and Ben could definitely serve to make her "his Black Cat" -- especially because I think she'd react similarly to the notion of "Power and Responsibility."

Ben's...
    Green Goblin: the Jackal
    Doc Ock: Lady Ock
    Venom: Kaine
    Black Cat: Joystick

-Pav, who wonders if the list can be expanded...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Totally with you on thinking Joystick could and should be a major part of Ben's supporting cast. Gaming has only become a bigger part of general culture since her last appearances, and the number of billionaires in the world has increased as well. Making her more of an anti-villain and having some romantic sparks between her and Ben could definitely serve to make her "his Black Cat" -- especially because I think she'd react similarly to the notion of "Power and Responsibility."

Ben's...
    Green Goblin: the Jackal
    Doc Ock: Lady Ock
    Venom: Kaine
    Black Cat: Joystick

-Pav, who wonders if the list can be expanded...
    Joystick sounds cool and but personally I would rather have them do 1 or 2 villains correctly w/ arcs rather than hit on all of them.
    We have like 25 issues max in which Beyond stuff will take place, and BEY issue is setting up obsidian star.
    We already know Kraven and Morbius, which I would have loved to see Ben's rogues instead.

So like how many can you fit in and how will it effect execution

You guys are forgetting the most likely arc villain, Beyond Corp themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    You guys are forgetting the most likely arc villain, Beyond Corp themselves.
    Yeah, they are most definitely gonna be the big bads.
    And they seem to be training Ben for something, seems like they are using him as a mercenary of sorts