Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2004

Lots of cool looking stuff happening, actually.

1. It's great to see Peter isn't comatose for very long with he and MJ still being active pretty shortly after the incident. The hospital issue sounds fun, I wonder if that has to do with Beyond- like are they trying to kill Peter in the hospital so he doesn't recover? Excited to see the Gleason written and drawn issue that seems to focus on Peter trying to get back in costume and fight crime, it doesn't look like his return to the webs will go his way this soon.

2. It's great seeing the best Doc Ock look again, the white suit is back and I am very happy to see it. Also I guess he's getting 8 tentacles again?

3. I hope Ben doesn't look too bad through all this and part of his arc is coming to his senses about Beyond.

4. JMD writing the flashback mini series is awesome, I hope he gets more Spidey stuff to do beyond (yeah yeah) this soon. I really like seeing the 90s font again, complete with the Peter Parker: Spider-Man font but replacing it with Ben Reilly. Steve Skroce doing a Spidey cover again and it looks great.

I mean artistically and premise-wise this is all sounding like it could potentially be a real fun era shaping up here.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time Ahmed has had Ben job to somebody (Cough)Conan(Cough).
    Spider-sense can't beat flashlight pens!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    2. It's great seeing the best Doc Ock look again, the white suit is back and I am very happy to see it. Also I guess he's getting 8 tentacles again?
    Always rubbed me off the wrong way when people'd go "but he looks like a dentist...", doctors tend to wear white majorly too. And it's a whole lot less garrish than his classic one with the goggles - I mean, people get bent out of shape with Electro's costume which is a bona fide classic but Ock's made to be some sort of untouchable sacred cow. I think this always fit him a whole lot better especially if they're trying to keep him a little more nuanced.

Looks like Peter demise was greatly exaggerated. So Beyond really don't want anyone else having the mantle now that hey for Ben working for them. I guess they set up Peter injury without Ben knowing. Aunt May is still alive it seems guess OMD doesnt get undo if she is still ok and looking at the cover I question why on earth Otto had a thing for May? I do wonder if Ben will get a good showing cause it looks like he isn't. Also devil reign makes it seem like Otto is rocking the Spiderman 2 suit. But here he is back to white oh well for synergy. Also Ock is back again. If you don't have a goblin you better have an octopus and vice versa.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm fine with the white suit for formal wear but I think Ock should at least have a proper costume.

Astonishing Member

Lots of cool looking stuff happening, actually.

1. It's great to see Peter isn't comatose for very long with he and MJ still being active pretty shortly after the incident. The hospital issue sounds fun, I wonder if that has to do with Beyond- like are they trying to kill Peter in the hospital so he doesn't recover? Excited to see the Gleason written and drawn issue that seems to focus on Peter trying to get back in costume and fight crime, it doesn't look like his return to the webs will go his way this soon.

3. I hope Ben doesn't look too bad through all this and part of his arc is coming to his senses about Beyond.

4. JMD writing the flashback mini series is awesome, I hope he gets more Spidey stuff to do beyond (yeah yeah) this soon. I really like seeing the 90s font again, complete with the Peter Parker: Spider-Man font but replacing it with Ben Reilly. Steve Skroce doing a Spidey cover again and it looks great.

I mean artistically and premise-wise this is all sounding like it could potentially be a real fun era shaping up here.
    I love a bad ass MJ. I never forget what she did to Smythe’s Spider Slayer with a baseball bat. I would have stopped reading if Beyond would have been a soap opera, but this actually looks good.

Astonishing Member

Whoa, wait?? That was Steve Skroce?! To paraphrase Obi-Wan, “it’s been a long time since I’ve heard that name.” I thought he quit comics decades ago. I admit I wasn’t a fan of his (that was probably made worse by the fact he replaced my all-time favorite artist Bagley), but that cover didn’t look at all like the Skroce I remembered. Guess his style must have evolved a lot in the years since (to me that’d be a good thing).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Thanks Huntsman Spider

Ladies and gentlemen, and now we can look into the comic books announced for December 2021. One of them tells a story about how Peter is recovering and MJ is taking care of him in the hospital

May Parker and Doc Ock join forces. Ben Reilly vs Miles Morales! Peter and MJ adventures in the hospital!

Beyond Era in December

The Amazing Spider-Man #82

Something horribly wrong is happening at the McCarthy Medical Center. Check in on Peter Parker’s recover in Saladin Ahmed and Jorge Fornès’ AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #82. Mary Jane Watson is trying to nurse the bedridden Peter to health, but when Peter’s roommate disappears, MJ has to step up. Can MJ and a nonmobile Peter get to the bottom of this hospital mystery?
    This is Deja vu even down to Peter being bedridden in the hospital during the original 1990s Spider-Ben era. History repeats itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Whoa, wait?? That was Steve Skroce?! To paraphrase Obi-Wan, “it’s been a long time since I’ve heard that name.” I thought he quit comics decades ago. I admit I wasn’t a fan of his (that was probably made worse by the fact he replaced my all-time favorite artist Bagley), but that cover didn’t look at all like the Skroce I remembered. Guess his style must have evolved a lot in the years since (to me that’d be a good thing).
    He did, I actually listened to an interview he did and he said he wanted to go back to comics after working in storyboarding for films for a while because he had more control over the medium (more or less, don't take my word for it). He's doing something creator owned at Image (might have finished by now, forgot the name) which is pretty balls to the wall gory high concept stuff. You can tell his art style changed a bunch in that too.

He mentioned something like he was doing mostly new-ish 90s stuff like all the new X-Men and... X-Man and that he wanted to do some more classic characters, so I guess even if it's Spider-Ben it's good enough for him.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if there will be much of a timeskip between the end of spencer's run and beyond, because Peter has just gone through so much with Kindred it sucks to see he immediatly has to get put into a hospital the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if there will be much of a timeskip between the end of spencer's run and beyond, because Peter has just gone through so much with Kindred it sucks to see he immediatly has to get put into a hospital the next issue.
    I feel like Peter getting beat up to some degree is expected but it's getting to be a bit much at this point.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Peter getting beat up to some degree is expected but it's getting to be a bit much at this point.
    I know the reason why is because of comics but you'd think Peter would just wear more padding or armor all the time

Incredible Member

Mark Bagley is drawing Aunt May looking like her somewhat younger Ultimate counterpart there. Not really an issue there on that cover image, just something I noticed. I wonder if it’s kinda intentional, to have her appear more in her modern day late 50’s/early 60’s than a frail older almost 80 something looking like she has appeared the past… 60 years in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Mark Bagley is drawing Aunt May looking like her somewhat younger Ultimate counterpart there. Not really an issue there on that cover image, just something I noticed. I wonder if it’s kinda intentional, to have her appear more in her modern day late 50’s/early 60’s than a frail older almost 80 something looking like she has appeared the past… 60 years in the 616.
    I love me some Bags art, but he's known to go off model here and there. That's what I'd bet on.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I know the reason why is because of comics but you'd think Peter would just wear more padding or armor all the time
    Yeah, that would be a good idea, since for how incredibly resilient he is, he's not exactly bulletproof.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So is Amazing Spider-Man really going with the old Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales era) logo font for the Beyond era?