Page 17 of 134 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Do you remember the movie blockbuster that featured Ben Reilly? Or the best-selling video game with Ben Reilly? Or the popular cartoon with Ben Reilly? Or you know how Ben Reilly was a huge part of Ultimate Spider-Man by Bendis?

Whazzat...of you don't remember because it didn't happen, right?
    Let's be honest, though, Miles already has a book and is, quite frankly, not really posited in a way to replace 616 Peter the way someone more directly tied to Peter like Ben is. You can't really do a succession story with Miles like Bendis did.

In that sense, I get it.
    The real shame is that none of the new and incoming writers, all of whom not being white male like Zeb Wells (who of course can go "Got Mine" since he got his in BND) are going to get much time to writer Peter Parker Spider-Man. They've been signed on to mainly write Ben Reilly.

That stinks.
    I think Ahmed is actually a Ben fan (even though he wrote him jobbing to Conan) so this is probably right up his alley.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    With 3 times a month I doubt this status quo will last that long. Peter gonna be back before you know it.
    ASM 900 would be in June, give or take (depending on if they hit all the ship dates). If Pete's written out for a bit, I could see a mini in the Spring to pair up with his return (a la Unworthy Thor during Jane's time as Thor) in the Summer (60th anniversary in August, I think)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

ideal situation is that Peter isn't actually out of commission and this is a callback to the original Ben Reily fill in, with Peter's marriage renewed and him taking some time with MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I will take anything if it somehow leads back to a married Spider-Man and OMD reversal. I just don’t see it happening. Far too often I’ve put my faith in Marvel when it comes to this character.

I just don’t understand the “point” of this story. We just went from one writer making a habit of treating Spider-Man as a supporting character right into another story being advertised as someone else being the main character. Lol....

Like seriously what the hell happened to Spider-Man being about....Spider-Man.
    Facts.
    The hell.
    Atleast spencer had good ideas and cleaned up previous messes.
    This sounds like one of the messes that will be needing the clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    ideal situation is that Peter isn't actually out of commission and this is a callback to the original Ben Reily fill in, with Peter's marriage renewed and him taking some time with MJ.
    Indeed, all we can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. *crosses fingers & toes*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Damn my expectations weren't high but this is a disappointment

We just came out of Kindred saga and Peter being tortured for the whole run.
    Instead of focusing on him being happy with MJ and being Spidey they give us this mess.
    Man here I was hoping we can get to the era of Spidey being the hero everyone in the future talks about but instead we push him down even further even though Nick just did that "you are the problem and not enough" stuff.
    So basically this Ben will do Spider-man but they will make him look better because the plot needs him to be.Probably has help from the beyond corp.

No just No
    If this book was going to be good it would be about how Peter and Ben are BOTH incompetent flops but that Ben is better because he is also insane and deranged, despite his terrible costume.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's be honest, though, Miles already has a book and is, quite frankly, not really posited in a way to replace 616 Peter the way someone more directly tied to Peter like Ben is. You can't really do a succession story with Miles like Bendis did.

In that sense, I get it.

I think Ahmed is actually a Ben fan (even though he wrote him jobbing to Conan) so this is probably right up his alley.
    The real question is why would you replace pete.
    The entire point of this run was to clean **** up for pete.
    The hell are these guys on

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, all we can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. *crosses fingers & toes*
    That’s a sucky way of living life...

However that seems to be the way of life as a Spider-Man fan .... lol

BANNED

Like seriously what the hell happened to Spider-Man being about....Spider-Man.
    Joe Quesada

That’s a sucky way of living life...

However that seems to be the way of life as a Spider-Man fan .... lol
    true, very true...

Edit - I'm also a major She-Hulk fan, so, yeah, I'm hurtin' right now....

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Joe Quesada
    indeed, *sigh* indeed....

Extraordinary Member

Okay initial rage has passed.
    This story is probably going to be full of non-sensical twists.That's what I think when I here unpredictable.

Also best guess to the plot is Beyond Corp using Ben to get Spidey out of the Game so that they can do something he could stop.
    Either Ben figures this out and gets on Petes side or Peter will fight through him and stop Beyond Corp.
    We get 3 issues per month.
    I just wanna know how long this BND style revolving door lasts so I can get back to buying ASM under one writer.
    If the FCBD or the art is trash then I won't buy any issues.
    I think people can just pirate it .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't Cantwell using Ben? He better wrap that one up.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    true, very true...

Edit - I'm also a major She-Hulk fan, so, yeah, I'm hurtin' right now....
    Oh yeah.
    She-hulk is having it so bad rn.
    I was a fan but left a while back because i knew it wouldn't get better.
    The W.W.S.H. loooooooool

I've been tradewaiting Amazing Spider-Man for like fifteen years. Ben's return to Amazing will see me buying it as a monthly for as long as his story is being told.

Ben will always be my favorite. So stoked to see his story progress in a meaningful way -- and curious how his connection to the Beyond Corporation might link this story to others being told elsewhere in the Marvel Universe.

-Pav, who has no time for naysayers...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details