Page 85 of 134 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2004
    Incredible Member

I know it's a relatively small sample size so far but i really like that beyond is having Ben interacting with existing Marvel universe characters that you don't really see in Spider-Man books all that much like the U-Foes, Bushwhacker and the Daughters of the Dragon. The more classic Spidey cast and villains are welcome as well but i like that it seems like anyone in the Marvel U might show up in the pages of ASM for this.

Also not sure how this poster feels about this since i'm not sure the extent of their feelings about Ben but i feel like Darthfury might be intrigued by this run on the book since this particular poster is always pitching outside the box interactions for Spider-man that not a whole lot of people would necessarily think of.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I know it's a relatively small sample size so far but i really like that beyond is having Ben interacting with existing Marvel universe characters that you don't really see in Spider-Man books all that much like the U-Foes, Bushwhacker and the Daughters of the Dragon. The more classic Spidey cast and villains are welcome as well but i like that it seems like anyone in the Marvel U might show up in the pages of ASM for this.

Also not sure how this poster feels about this since i'm not sure the extent of their feelings about Ben but i feel like Darthfury might be intrigued by this run on the book since this particular poster is always pitching outside the box interactions for Spider-man that not a whole lot of people would necessarily think of.
    Pure Conjecture:

What if the Beyond Corporation is training Ben to be the greatest Spidey ever (via working with the Daughters of the Dragon, going up against different villains) so that they can clone their masterpiece and send the duplicates of Ben into various parallel universes? This could potentially incorporate continuity from Web Warriors or Spider-Man 2099 -- and the multiverse thing is obviously the focus of a lot of pop culture right now.

Ben would be the choice for Beyond instead of Peter because Ben doesn't have strong ties to any kind of civilian lifestyle. He might be more willing to jump into multi-dimensional adventures.

Aaaaaaand Morbius, who we know is appearing, was a member of ARMOR, which was an agency that dealt with the multiverse!

You never know! One of the charms of Ben as Spidey in the 90s was getting to see the writers riff on established relationships: Morbius being less of an antagonist for Ben would be cool in my book.

-Pav, who can't wait for this story to get started...
    Last edited by Pav; 09-13-2021 at 04:11 AM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Amazing Member

Poor Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    Poor Peter.

He'll be back, but still. Am hoping, though, that Beyond ends up being a good showing for both him and Ben.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This cover reminds me of something. Is it a homage to some other artist?

Astonishing Member

Poor Peter.

That’s very old school looking art. Reminds me of Gil Kane.

So it seems likely it’s the U-Foes who mess up Peter so bad he’s on life support. Hmmn… not sure how I feel about that. I would’ve preferred if it was a heavy-hitter from Spidey’s rogue gallery who did it. Or even a brand new threat. I’ve only read U-Foes in a couple Hulk issues and am kind of indifferent to them. But I’ll give the issue a chance and see how it plays out. It will be cool seeing Peter and Ben in action together…. a shame it seems it’ll be cut short after only one battle.

Mighty Member

Is the Spider-man: Breakout mini from Tony Bedard any good? Seems like the only previous SM/U-Foes interaction
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Poor Peter.

spencer run made me desensitized to seeing Peter in pain. I mean he literally been thru worse like you know death
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spencer run made me desensitized to seeing Peter in pain. I mean he literally been thru worse like you know death
    I wonder if "Spider-Man getting beat up and in pain" is the new "Spider-Man constantly needing help."

Amazing Member

I have a theory that U-Foes will defeat Spider-Man, but Beyond Corporation will play their role in this battle, making moves behind the scenes and being evil mastermind. Therefore BC will be responsible for what will happen to Spider-Man, but Ben Reilly will know nothing about that. So he will have good intentions but he will become a puppet Spider-Man of this evil corporation until he discovers the truth and rebels against his employers. Maybe he will join forces with the original Spider-Man when he awakes from the coma and they both will defeat BC.

Poor Peter.

This is the cover I'm getting for #75/876.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I have a theory that U-Foes will defeat Spider-Man, but Beyond Corporation will play their role in this battle, making moves behind the scenes and being evil mastermind. Therefore BC will be responsible for what will happen to Spider-Man, but Ben Reilly will know nothing about that. So he will have good intentions but he will become a puppet Spider-Man of this evil corporation until he discovers the truth and rebels against his employers. Maybe he will join forces with the original Spider-Man when he awakes from the coma and they both will defeat BC.
    That's a good theory, and one I'd like to see happen.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's a good theory, and one I'd like to see happen.
    Thanks Huntsman Spider

Ladies and gentlemen, and now we can look into the comic books announced for December 2021. One of them tells a story about how Peter is recovering and MJ is taking care of him in the hospital

May Parker and Doc Ock join forces. Ben Reilly vs Miles Morales! Peter and MJ adventures in the hospital!

Beyond Era in December

The Amazing Spider-Man #82

Something horribly wrong is happening at the McCarthy Medical Center. Check in on Peter Parker’s recover in Saladin Ahmed and Jorge Fornès’ AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #82. Mary Jane Watson is trying to nurse the bedridden Peter to health, but when Peter’s roommate disappears, MJ has to step up. Can MJ and a nonmobile Peter get to the bottom of this hospital mystery?
    Last edited by Dawidos; 09-15-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

The Beyond Corporation paid a lot of money for the Spider-Man trademark and does not take kindly to an unlicensed Spider-Man running around Brooklyn. So it’s up to Ben Reilly to take Miles Morales down.
    Well, there was a catch so now we know what it is - we knew Ben would be working with Beyond, but now he's a literal corporate flunky. And given how Ahmed prefers Miles (such is any writer's right BTW) I guess it's going to be a particularly poor showing for Ben.

Thanks Huntsman Spider

Ladies and gentlemen, and now we can look into the comic books announced for December 2021. One of them tells a story about how Peter is recovering and MJ is taking care of him in the hospital

May Parker and Doc Ock join forces. Ben Reilly vs Miles Morales! Peter and MJ adventures in the hospital!

Beyond Era in December

The Amazing Spider-Man #82

Something horribly wrong is happening at the McCarthy Medical Center. Check in on Peter Parker’s recover in Saladin Ahmed and Jorge Fornès’ AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #82. Mary Jane Watson is trying to nurse the bedridden Peter to health, but when Peter’s roommate disappears, MJ has to step up. Can MJ and a nonmobile Peter get to the bottom of this hospital mystery?
    That Aunt May and Doc Ock story sounds so ridiculous. Oh, I guess Otto doesn't know again that by helping Peter and May he's also helping Spider-Man now. I guess trying to help Peter is why he goes up against Beyond?

I really don't like Miles' new costume. His clone being in the old look just heightens that feeling. And I guess Miles goes after Beyond after they sick Ben on him.

I am so down for an MJ-focused issue of her trying to take care of Peter and solving a mystery with him at the hospital. At the same time, kind of a weird progression in the windows where she starts out wearing a yellow skirt but is suddenly wearing pants at the bottom there. Which is like the opposite that happened in Last Remains. Is MJ's new power rapid outfit changes?

Patrick Gleason back as a writer for #83...is that Peter after recovering? He's not wearing Ben's new costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Well, there was a catch so now we know what it is - we knew Ben would be working with Beyond, but now he's a literal corporate flunky. And given how Ahmed prefers Miles (such is any writer's right BTW) I guess it's going to be a particularly poor showing for Ben.
    It wouldn't be the first time Ahmed has had Ben job to somebody (Cough)Conan(Cough).