Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Mark Bagley is drawing Aunt May looking like her somewhat younger Ultimate counterpart there. Not really an issue there on that cover image, just something I noticed. I wonder if it’s kinda intentional, to have her appear more in her modern day late 50’s/early 60’s than a frail older almost 80 something looking like she has appeared the past… 60 years in the 616.
    would make her getting so many suitors so much more believable
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

The white suit/eight tentacles does look pretty sweet... hope Ock keeps this look, and the multiple tentacles, just makes him look even more dangerous.

As for looks... I REALLY hate that new costume for Miles. Ugh, he should've stuck with his old look, it was FAR better than what he's wearing now!

Also, like others, I'm tired of seeing Peter beat up... when he returns, he needs to kick ass and take names, no questions asked.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    The white suit/eight tentacles does look pretty sweet... hope Ock keeps this look, and the multiple tentacles, just makes him look even more dangerous.

As for looks... I REALLY hate that new costume for Miles. Ugh, he should've stuck with his old look, it was FAR better than what he's wearing now!

Also, like others, I'm tired of seeing Peter beat up... when he returns, he needs to kick ass and take names, no questions asked.
    At this point, Peter should have more brain damage than Rocky did in ‘Rocky V.’

A little off-topic, but what was the first storyline Peter really got his ass kicked? Not sure ASM#3 would count as that was just him deciding to retreat after not meeting Doc Ock’s challenge…

Probably some story in the 80s I’m guessing. Maybe one of his first encounters with Venom.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    So is Amazing Spider-Man really going with the old Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales era) logo font for the Beyond era?
    Looks that way and I HATE it, the Ben Reilly mini series logo looks so so much better with the 90s spider-man font.

So is Amazing Spider-Man really going with the old Ultimate Spider-Man (Miles Morales era) logo font for the Beyond era?
    Yes. Which is ironic, because Miles is also using a pass-me-down logo - from the 1980s Web of Spider-Man series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

Seems Ock only has 8 tentacles on the cover where he's beating Ben.

I wish Miles' costume was the one from the Black Panther cover.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    One of my favorites from the PS4 game. Though if they were going to use one of the game's designs and they want to stick with the red, I wish they'd used the 'Crimson Cowl' look. If you're going to steal Kaine's Scarlet Spider look anyway, might as well really go for it.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of Miles' new look so far.

Incredible Member

Went to my LCS today and repudiated my pull list. Amazing will be back on starting with issue 74. I spoke with the owner abs two if the other workers there, finally getting their input on the whole Kindred plot and how they are feeling about Ben coming back abs what the store buzz has been like. From just them talking, the feedback from other shoppers about Kindred has been expected, they are happy for it to end, and they are excited and every WELCOMING of Ben returning to the webs!

That, warmed my heart.

Here’s hoping that this Beyond Era, no matter how long it lasts, with Ben, sets up things nice for Peter’s return in the future, and Ben’s ongoing status for the future!

2. It's great seeing the best Doc Ock look again, the white suit is back and I am very happy to see it. Also I guess he's getting 8 tentacles again?
    Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I think this always fit him a whole lot better especially if they're trying to keep him a little more nuanced.
    And that's my hope. When I first started reading comics during the 90s Clone Saga, my introduction to Otto was him trying to save Peter from the Vulture's virus -- because obviously if anyone was going to kill Spider-Man, it's Dr. Octopus! I really liked that portrayal of Otto, and now, having gone through Superior, I'm hoping we see a return to that level of nuance: the cackling mad scientist trope is fun (and Slott did a great job of it) but a more nuanced Otto Octavius would be great. In fact, of all of Spidey's major rogues, I think he's best suited to transition to more of an anti-villain role, doing bad things for good reasons. I feel like it'd be fun to wonder whether he's going to help or hinder Peter with each new appearance.

Also, I'm excited because Ben has never fought Otto as Doc Ock. Kaine killed him off, and then Ben was given Lady Ock as his tentacled antagonist. However, Ben and Otto do know each other from recent events like Spidergeddon, so it'll be interesting to see what their relationship is going forward.

Also: Ben is a clone. Kraven is a clone. Otto is a clone. Relevant? I guess we'll find out.

-Pav, who agrees that Ock's white suit is the best...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    And that's my hope. When I first started reading comics during the 90s Clone Saga, my introduction to Otto was him trying to save Peter from the Vulture's virus -- because obviously if anyone was going to kill Spider-Man, it's Dr. Octopus!
    My own first storyline on 90s Ock was Larsen's Revenge of the Sinister Six - where Ock and co. basically go gun happy downing a bunch of aliens to get some high powered guns from another dimension so they can basically rule over the world and stuff.

But the next one was DeFalco's fleshing of his backstory and how he's trying to save his former love from HIV, so that was pretty interesting and solidified Ock as someone with a bit more 'bite' than the other villains, so when he decided to save Spider-Man's life it made a lot of sense to me (and was an absolute better way to handle the discovery than Civil War's "rargh! Must kill Parker!").

Astonishing Member

My own first storyline on 90s Ock was Larsen's Revenge of the Sinister Six - where Ock and co. basically go gun happy downing a bunch of aliens to get some high powered guns from another dimension so they can basically rule over the world and stuff.

But the next one was DeFalco's fleshing of his backstory and how he's trying to save his former love from HIV, so that was pretty interesting and solidified Ock as someone with a bit more 'bite' than the other villains, so when he decided to save Spider-Man's life it made a lot of sense to me (and was an absolute better way to handle the discovery than Civil War's "rargh! Must kill Parker!").
    My first Doc Ock issue was Spectacular Spider-Man #124. I actually read it when it was about 3 or 4 years old as it was a back issue that my older brother had. That copy is long gone and I haven’t read it in 25 years. It’s not collected in any TPBs I know of, I can never find it in back issue bins at comic shops, and it’s not on Comixology or Marvel Unlimited. Really annoying. I do see it listed on eBay, so I suppose I could order it but I’ve never used that platform….

Next, would be the ‘Revenge of the Sinister Six’ arc like you, which is a very enjoyable storyline as well (and is collected online and elsewhere).

366CDE9B-D72F-459D-9F79-6B0CF23434EF.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems Ock only has 8 tentacles on the cover where he's beating Ben.

The Advanced Tech Suit? Yeah, that was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    One of my favorites from the PS4 game. Though if they were going to use one of the game's designs and they want to stick with the red, I wish they'd used the 'Crimson Cowl' look. If you're going to steal Kaine's Scarlet Spider look anyway, might as well really go for it.

I'm not a fan of what I've seen of Miles' new look so far.

Considering they also butchered at least four dozen random people with those new weapons when they got back to this dimension in that arc . . . well, that was the extreme 90s.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

1)Otto in the white suit looks great, Aunt May looks straight out of 1610.But couple reunion is a horrible idea, are we just going to pretend that Otto didn't try to bang MJ(her sort of daughter in law) and that we don't have smarter people like Reed who know who Peter is and would help him.This is harming ASM's regular cast, and just after Spencer cleaned things up.

2)So Beyond own the trade-mark.Do we know who owned it before them?
    And people are saying Ben is a corporate shill for this.Which I doubt, he's gonna be hesitant and only do this because Beyond helps him and he helps others.W/ the Ben push at marvel rn he won't look bad in this.

3)Huh?So Peter's not in a coma, just "non-mobile".Is this even related to Beyond or just a one-shot?Who is Peter's roommate(Ig this is the hospital roommate) and why is MJ a detective first w/ Spencer and now here.
    It sounds cool, and non-mobile means Peter still has his strongest superpower.His mind which hopefully they can focus on.Ahmed's writing doesn't exactly give me confidence, but he can pull it off.

4)So Peter's back in costume.I mean Marvel has lost any credibility w/ the biggest moments thing long ago but still.So, any idea who the guy w/ the fists are?Is he getting beat by random thugs.Hopefully this isn't a 1 step forward, 2 steps back kinda thing.I guessing Ock helped him w/ this.
    Side note:-: Would be cool if he made a suit that lets him Spider-man when in his condition, just let him make it and not Ock.

5)Huh, Ock vs Ben.I wonder if he attempts a mind-swap.

So, December took a real turn.Seemed pretty linear before this, now they are throwing in a lot of ASM regulars in the mix and Peter is back, multiple plot threads.Kinda scared for Peter and MJ, specially since what they are doing w/ May.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time Ahmed has had Ben job to somebody (Cough)Conan(Cough).
    Ahmed had Peter nerfed against Miles and against the clones so I fully expect Ben to job here.

Also if Peter is back in any capacity by the end of December I think he may get to be a part of Devil's Reign(4 issues after december).Zdarsky writing him coming back to the heroes would be *chef's kiss*, even if he's just an Oracle type.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-16-2021 at 08:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I love a bad ass MJ. I never forget what she did to Smythe’s Spider Slayer with a baseball bat. I would have stopped reading if Beyond would have been a soap opera, but this actually looks good.
    She bashed Chameleon's head in with a baseball bat too.

who are the major shareholders in the Beyond corporation? Any corporate villains that are known? Justin Hammer?