Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2004
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Obviously Miles is no longer hated, not as much as he used to be, but it doesn't take away the fact that there is still a group of fans who still hate him for various reasons. But if you want Miles to be Peter's successor, that's what the Ultimate Universe is for, after all that's his universe of origin and by the way they can republish the comics of that universe, besides if I want another successor in the main series besides Ben, I prefer Kaine as the main Spider-Man at least for a while.
    It is not that I favor Miles over Peter, I do not and never will. It is like the MJ or anyone else argument. It is MJ or no one for me. I am simply looking at this through the perspective of Marvel/Disney. It is how can we: A: Make the most amount of money possible. B: Reach the kids of tomorrow ( they will be the fans of tomorrow). A different example is this: They ram Silk down our throats to reach Asians and girls, despite the fact she does not sell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Sorry but i'm going to disagree with you here and say that the bulk of the resistance to Beyond is from people who don't care for Ben Reilly and never will.

Not saying the other reasons you mentioned don't have merit but it's painfully clear to me there's still a ton of people who haven't gotten over the Clone Saga and the lingering negativity from that era of Spider-man is unfortunately bubbling to the surface again even though Beyond will be brief and there's zero chance of Ben replacing Peter permanently.
    I doubt it.In fact I think Ben is part of why this works, they could bring anyone in the seat here.It could be some new character, but they choose Ben for the nostalgia.I like Ben, don't love him but I am excited for his new series w/DeMatties.Fleshing him out to modern audiences is a great idea.

I'm sure there are some, I won't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I think most of us accept that this is semi "filler" at this point. The evidence makes it clear. But this honestly sounds more exciting than a run dedicated to "cleaning house."
    Yeah, but "cleaning house" is what Spider-man needed. Slott's ideas sounded much more interesting than both Spencer and Beyond most of the times and look how that turned out.Spencer's run is one that will benefit long term greatly if Marvel and writers utilize it after Beyond since they probably had to put something together last minute for this.Stuff like Ock and May is a big no-no, hopefully Beyond doesn't change or undo a lot Spencer did.Remember what they did to Cat and MJ is superior, that's my fear.All that work in ASM via Spencer down the drain...

Cleaning house is boring, Spencer does a great job at making it interesting and moreover he does great job at cleaning.And it's all done, as long as Beyond doesn't mess those characters up.Not saying it can't use them, but don't do what superior did we'll be golden.The next team should be smart enough to utilize the clean slate since they have the time.

Obviously Miles is no longer hated, not as much as he used to be, but it doesn't take away the fact that there is still a group of fans who still hate him for various reasons. But if you want Miles to be Peter's successor, that's what the Ultimate Universe is for, after all that's his universe of origin and by the way they can republish the comics of that universe, besides if I want another successor in the main series besides Ben, I prefer Kaine as the main Spider-Man at least for a while.
    All this.Except the Kaine bit, he's more of a Red Hood Scarlet Spider vibe for me, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You can't use Miles because he's not an Amazing Spider-Man character or that connected to Peter's world and already has his own book. That's why he doesn't work as a successor in the context of 616.

Of course Miles also probably wouldn't have worked for the plot in terms of how they're handling Ben as Spider-Man.
    Exactly miles is ok he’s very overrated they shouldn’t have him take over he is Spider-Man in his own book

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Miles reacting to the events of Beyond seems more interesting than him simply taking over for a while.

Spectacular Member

I hate Mile... well rather I hate what they have done to Miles

Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker) is probably the best continuous Spider-Man title IMO and has a good Beginning, middle, and most importantly a (perfect) End. The continuation after his death of inspiring Miles was great and then they brought him to the 616, does his origin even make sense now, does he remember things, it's just messy already, I can't stand it, if they wanted him in 616 I don't see why after Spider-Men they didn't have Peter go off find him and discover Miles having just been bitten by the spider and taking him under his wing. Luckily ITSV was fantastic!

Anyway I digress massively - can't wait for Ben to be back, to the haters it's literally a few months, let some of us who read ol Benny boy as a kid enjoy the ride and then you can have Pete back in the webs. I would hardly say he's had chance after chance after being dead for 20 odd years!

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it.In fact I think Ben is part of why this works, they could bring anyone in the seat here.It could be some new character, but they choose Ben for the nostalgia.I like Ben, don't love him but I am excited for his new series w/DeMatties.Fleshing him out to modern audiences is a great idea.

I'm sure there are some, I won't deny that.

Yeah, but "cleaning house" is what Spider-man needed. Slott's ideas sounded much more interesting than both Spencer and Beyond most of the times and look how that turned out.Spencer's run is one that will benefit long term greatly if Marvel and writers utilize it after Beyond since they probably had to put something together last minute for this.Stuff like Ock and May is a big no-no, hopefully Beyond doesn't change or undo a lot Spencer did.Remember what they did to Cat and MJ is superior, that's my fear.All that work in ASM via Spencer down the drain...

Cleaning house is boring, Spencer does a great job at making it interesting and moreover he does great job at cleaning.And it's all done, as long as Beyond doesn't mess those characters up.Not saying it can't use them, but don't do what superior did we'll be golden.The next team should be smart enough to utilize the clean slate since they have the time.

All this.Except the Kaine bit, he's more of a Red Hood Scarlet Spider vibe for me, but to each their own.
    That's why I mention Kaine, he would bring refreshing things to the main series as Spider-Man. It would be interesting to see him in that role at least just for a while, at least not for now.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

That's why I mention Kaine, he would bring refreshing things to the main series as Spider-Man. It would be interesting to see him in that role at least just for a while, at least not for now.
    Again a killing brutal Spidey is what we got in Superior, having Kaine as Scarlet also lets him do things that I feel are more unique than most Spider-man stories which is what made his solo so good IMO.

"that won't happen, at least not for now" - what are you referring to here?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-20-2021 at 01:11 PM.

What will be Ben-Spidey's relationship with the police department? Cooperative or adversarial?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What will be Ben-Spidey's relationship with the police department? Cooperative or adversarial?
    Beyond is all about doing things the legal way so my assumption is Cooperative

Whatever happened to Yuri Watanabe? Still on the run?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whatever happened to Yuri Watanabe? Still on the run?
    That's a very good question. She hasn't been seen in the comics since Gerry Conway's "Spiral."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The Solicitation that talks about Aunt May allying herself with Doc Ock to save Peter's life... Kinda ironic, don't you think? I mean, in OMD, Peter did a pact with the devil to save Aunt May; and now it seems Aunt May is doing something similar to save Peter.

By the way, if you ask me, I would like that, during this "Beyond Arc", Mary Jane's Spider Powers from Spider-Island would return somehow. I know, MJ doesn't need powers to rock, but let's face it, it's really difficult for a regular human to survive situations life these. And if Peter is fighting to restore himself and someone tries to eliminate him; it would be VERY appropiated for MJ to regain her spider-powers and be the one who saves Peter now. Right?

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Again a killing brutal Spidey is what we got in Superior, having Kaine as Scarlet also lets him do things that I feel are more unique than most Spider-man stories which is what made his solo so good IMO.

"that won't happen, at least not for now" - what are you referring to here?
    Good point, but with Kaine more interesting things could be done. Leaving that aside, that message I posted is just a saying, nothing important. Besides the only one I currently care about is Ben, with any luck Kaine will probably show up later in Beyond.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The Solicitation that talks about Aunt May allying herself with Doc Ock to save Peter's life... Kinda ironic, don't you think? I mean, in OMD, Peter did a pact with the devil to save Aunt May; and now it seems Aunt May is doing something similar to save Peter.

By the way, if you ask me, I would like that, during this "Beyond Arc", Mary Jane's Spider Powers from Spider-Island would return somehow. I know, MJ doesn't need powers to rock, but let's face it, it's really difficult for a regular human to survive situations life these. And if Peter is fighting to restore himself and someone tries to eliminate him; it would be VERY appropiated for MJ to regain her spider-powers and be the one who saves Peter now. Right?
    I don't see that happening or anything indicating Mary Jane will get spider powers. MJ's a capable woman on her and we've seen that in her recent mini and in events of ASM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't see that happening or anything indicating Mary Jane will get spider powers. MJ's a capable woman on her and we've seen that in her recent mini and in events of ASM.
    Fr, that mini thing was extreme PIS though.ASM handled it much better w/ female Electro thing.