Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    If we end up with new Scarlet Spider series, it's gonna be worth it.
    I wonder what role Kaine plays in all of this. Last I remember he was on bad terms with Ben and kinda good with Peter. Is that clone degeneration nonsense still a thing?
    There was nothing stopping them from doing another Scarlet Spider series. This idea that you need to have characters in a main book in order to launch one for them isn't entirely true. So Rhodey needs to replace Tony again for War Machine to get another shot?

Ben was effectively redeemed after Spider-geddon. His stint in Iron Man has just furthered that. Just go, "bam! New Scarlet Spider #1"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    There was nothing stopping them from doing another Scarlet Spider series. This idea that you need to have characters in a main book in order to launch one for them isn't entirely true. So Rhodey needs to replace Tony again for War Machine to get another shot?

Ben was effectively redeemed after Spider-geddon. His stint in Iron Man has just furthered that. Just go, "bam! New Scarlet Spider #1"
    This.If anything with Beyond this might ruin Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

I have to imagine that Marvel has data on whether or not a book will be more successful if it's seen by the public as branching off from a long-running successful comic rather than sort of being on its own. I mean, it's historically been a common way of advancing new or lesser-known characters' books.

-Pav, who isn't counting on this spinning off...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

What was Ben's role in that story? Is it any good?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I have to imagine that Marvel has data on whether or not a book will be more successful if it's seen by the public as branching off from a long-running successful comic rather than sort of being on its own. I mean, it's historically been a common way of advancing new or lesser-known characters' books.

Yeah, sucks because we read ASM for Spidey.Like I don't mind him being part of it to promote it but this is too far imo.
    Specially right after SW and what cost victory

Incredible Member

What ever happened to the days of comics having back up stories? The early 90's seemed full of back up stories that featured Nightwatch, The Black Cat, Cardiac and so many others. Why can't marvel feature have back up stories in each issue that feature ben or kaine and many others that cannot hold a solo series? We are already paying way too much for one issue that can be read in 6 minutes or less. Why not add 10 additional pages of back up stories with these characters?

early 90's back up stories are bad and new ones like DC's raise prices and make you spend money on the creators you don't want
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

I know that. But that works for new characters or ones who have never assumed the mantle before. But Scarlet Spider has had numerous books. It has proven it has staying power (to a degree). The Kaine led one lasted 24/25 issues? The last one with Ben lasted just as long and literally was titled Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider. So he is a known commodity. If not Ben, the identity certainly is.

And you can tell this is being done to get another up and running once Beyond wraps. I'm just saying certain characters don't need that malarkey to get a title. Rhodey doesn't need to take over for Tony again to get a War Machine book; Bucky doesn't need to take over for Steve to get another Winter Soldier; and Ben doesn't need it for another Scarlet Spider.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    early 90's back up stories are bad and new ones like DC's raise prices and make you spend money on the creators you don't want
    I... agree with this. Especially DC's practices. People say, "well, you are getting a extra story. Don't complain." But some of those stories are often about characters I have no interest in and have to shell out extra money on books I was buying as a result.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    What ever happened to the days of comics having back up stories? The early 90's seemed full of back up stories that featured Nightwatch, The Black Cat, Cardiac and so many others. Why can't marvel feature have back up stories in each issue that feature ben or kaine and many others that cannot hold a solo series? We are already paying way too much for one issue that can be read in 6 minutes or less. Why not add 10 additional pages of back up stories with these characters?
    The problem with that is they'll charge a higher cover price. As you said, we are paying way too much as it is. It really depends on getting the right characters into the right books. Where readers of a particular title don't feel like they are being forced to shill out for a character they don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Peter cycling through the Web of Life and Destiny, ricocheting across time and space as he makes his way back to the present, would be an interesting way to go.
    So, Quantum Leaping like Wally West just did?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Page rates.

10char
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yes.
    We just did superior and also got death of Spider-man in ultimate verse in the past decade or so.

Like we just want good Peter stories.
    The Death of Spider-man in the Ultimate Universe was 10 years ago.
    Superior was 9 years ago.

Neither story was all that recent.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So, Quantum Leaping like Wally West just did?
    That's a good comparison, too, and if it ends up the same for Peter . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is this about Peter?
    I thought they said Ben Reilly was taking the mantle again.