Page 61 of 134 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;5636182]
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm guessing the solicits for October 2021 will come sometime next week, probably around Thursday.[/QUOTE
    One very interesting question is who is Ben going to fight? Three obvious contenders based on not seeing them in Amazing for awhile are: 1: Carnage. 2: Kingsley. 3: Jackal. I hope I am wrong but my betting is on Jackal. Why? 1: The Clone aspect to this. 2: I think there has been a lot of Goblin stuff during Spencer’s run and Carnage has been used a lot ( except in Amazing), while Jackal was only used in Ghost Spider
    For what it's worth, Carnage did show up in the Absolute Carnage ASM tie-in, but that was relatively brief. Kingsley would be a good one, too; off-brand Goblin vs. clone Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;5636256]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post

For what it's worth, Carnage did show up in the Absolute Carnage ASM tie-in, but that was relatively brief. Kingsley would be a good one, too; off-brand Goblin vs. clone Spider-Man.
    I am a big Kingsley fan ( perhaps my favorite Peter enemy this side of Otto) so I would like that. My gut just tells me Jackal. You are correct about Carnage and the tie in. I do not expect to see him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I am a big Kingsley fan ( perhaps my favorite Peter enemy this side of Otto) so I would like that. My gut just tells me Jackal. You are correct about Carnage and the tie in. I do not expect to see him.
    This was painful to watch.

Astonishing Member

One very interesting question is who is Ben going to fight? Three obvious contenders based on not seeing them in Amazing for awhile are: 1: Carnage. 2: Kingsley. 3: Jackal. I hope I am wrong but my betting is on Jackal. Why? 1: The Clone aspect to this. 2: I think there has been a lot of Goblin stuff during Spencer’s run and Carnage has been used a lot ( except in Amazing), while Jackal was only used in Ghost Spider
    Be Jackal. He is still running around and I would not be surprised if he doesn't have a major bone to pick with Ben over what he did to him prior to Clone Conspiracy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Be Jackal. He is still running around and I would not be surprised if he doesn't have a major bone to pick with Ben over what he did to him prior to Clone Conspiracy.
    Depends on if he finds his way back to this reality from Earth-65.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Dunno if anybody pointed this out yet, but at the begining of Spencer run, when Peter and Spider-Man split up between two different bodies, there's a panel with Spidey being sponsored by various corporations. Beyond is one of them.

Yeah I know, it's a gag - but makes you think how much ahead Spencer really planed, or maybe it's just a coincidence. I remember "planting the seeds early" interviews

I wonder if the initial story was pitched by Spencer, but he decided to quit earlier, so others are continuing it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Dunno if anybody pointed this out yet, but at the begining of Spencer run, when Peter and Spider-Man split up between two different bodies, there's a panel with Spidey being sponsored by various corporations. Beyond is one of them.

Yeah I know, it's a gag - but makes you think how much ahead Spencer really planed, or maybe it's just a coincidence. I remember "planting the seeds early" interviews

I wonder if the initial story was pitched by Spencer, but he decided to quit earlier, so others are continuing it.
    I doubt it.He had plans for Ben in Order of the Web.
    And Zeb pitched the story much after that issue came out, and even more late to when it was written.
    It's a gag imo, maybe they reference it but that would be it.

And Spencer's planting seeds is what we have seen him do in this run a lot and they have payed off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it.He had plans for Ben in Order of the Web.
    Do we have any confirmation of this?
    I remember that mirror panel with Ben in Kindred's lair, other than that I don't recall anything about him specifically.

Extraordinary Member

Do we have any confirmation of this?
    I remember that mirror panel with Ben in Kindred's lair, other than that I don't recall anything about him specifically.
    He said that in the question answers thing after an issue.
    We also have an art piece with Ben standing with order of the web that never made it to an issue IIRC.Like the one we had of Spidey going to prison to talk with DD after Kindred.

what is, uh, "new Ben" going to be doing for a living, when he's not Spider-Man, or is he a full time superhero now?
    and is any 'romance' he explores doomed because of clone-anxiety?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is, uh, "new Ben" going to be doing for a living, when he's not Spider-Man, or is he a full time superhero now?
    and is any 'romance' he explores doomed because of clone-anxiety?
    I mean I hope not.Ben's going to be hogging a lot of Panel's as Spidey and with Beyond(kinda his job ig).
    Let the rest be for Peter and his cast.

I think we will get the romance dose from Peter and MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    He said that in the question answers thing after an issue.
    We also have an art piece with Ben standing with order of the web that never made it to an issue IIRC.Like the one we had of Spidey going to prison to talk with DD after Kindred.
    Oh, I didn't know that!
    Thanks for the info!

I wondered about that myself. Perhaps Spencer always planned to do a few arcs with Ben, but because things happen and plans change, editorial asked other writers to pitch Ben-centered stories. So maybe the general direction is being followed, but the specifics of the story will be different.

No real evidence of this. Just a musing.

-Pav, who is impatient for Beyond...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Oh, I didn't know that!
    Thanks for the info!
    No problem,
    looking back he definitely had plans for Ben and I would have loved to see that.Much more than Beyond tbh

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...5-cover-reveal Cover for 77 with a seemingly new villain's hands shown. Really enjoying the Arthur Adams covers. This all seems to imply that Peter is fine at the start of 75 and briefly is with working with Ben in some fashion until something bad happens.