Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I thought they said Ben Reilly was taking the mantle again.
    That post was before we had that news.Just the teaser images

Extraordinary Member

I said before I wanted more down time for Peter...not a 6 issue arc of him being Peter and dealing with Peter issues but to have it worked into his ongoing story....

But now I think a 6 issue arc like that would be preferable to all this replacement nonsense. 6 issues working on his doctorate, spending quality time with MJ, Aunt May, etc..., and using the Avengers paid medical insurance to spend some serious time with Doc Samson to work on getting his head right.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I said before I wanted more down time for Peter...not a 6 issue arc of him being Peter and dealing with Peter issues but to have it worked into his ongoing story....

But now I think a 6 issue arc like that would be preferable to all this replacement nonsense. 6 issues working on his doctorate, spending quality time with MJ, Aunt May, etc..., and using the Avengers paid medical insurance to spend some serious time with Doc Samson to work on getting his head right.
    Yeah, all this.
    A 6 issue Peter arc would be good, then again mostly anything would be better than Beyond

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    If we end up with new Scarlet Spider series, it's gonna be worth it.
    I wonder what role Kaine plays in all of this. Last I remember he was on bad terms with Ben and kinda good with Peter. Is that clone degeneration nonsense still a thing?
    When/if, Ben becomes Scarlet Spider again, I think it would be cool if they let Kaine become his own Spider… just call him the Recluse, like the brown recluse spider. They are deadly. It would fit Kaine.

Astonishing Member

Peter does not need to see a shrink. He needs to get rid of Mephisto and Kindred and take a break from fighting crime. I would like to see a good Ben Reilly Story ( I mentioned Otto and Kingsley before as guys for him to battle) with plenty of action. It should be about him NOT shared with Peter and MJ ( especially not guest starring Felicia and ( or) Carlie). After that you can bring Peter back and in one issue explain what he was doing ( 6 issues not necessary).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, that would be nice. Do the Avengers get paid medical insurance, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    When/if, Ben becomes Scarlet Spider again, I think it would be cool if they let Kaine become his own Spider… just call him the Recluse, like the brown recluse spider. They are deadly. It would fit Kaine.
    spider_man_and_daredevil_by_nefar007_deo6uv1-fullview.jpg

A costume like this, as designed by Dexter Soy and shown on his Twitter today, could work.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Peter does not need to see a shrink. He needs to get rid of Mephisto and Kindred and take a break from fighting crime. I would like to see a good Ben Reilly Story ( I mentioned Otto and Kingsley before as guys for him to battle) with plenty of action. It should be about him NOT shared with Peter and MJ ( especially not guest starring Felicia and ( or) Carlie). After that you can bring Peter back and in one issue explain what he was doing ( 6 issues not necessary).
    Who says he can't get rid of Mephisto and Kindred (for good) and then get some therapy while taking a break from crime-fighting? I'd recommend Doc Samson like Chris0013 said, but I think he's currently occupied as Doc Sasquatch in Immortal Hulk's Gamma Flight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

What Peter needs is Uncle Ben. If whatever happens in Sinister War, or issue 75 with Beyond leaves Peter incapacitated or in a coma, then we should get an issue with just him and Uncle Ben, chatting in a dream or something. Cherishing some old memories, Uncle Ben offering advice, and Peter finding the strength to overcome everything he's been through lately and finally emerging whole for the first time in years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

spider_man_and_daredevil_by_nefar007_deo6uv1-fullview.jpg

A costume like this, as designed by Dexter Soy and shown on his Twitter today, could work.

Who says he can't get rid of Mephisto and Kindred (for good) and then get some therapy while taking a break from crime-fighting? I'd recommend Doc Samson like Chris0013 said, but I think he's currently occupied as Doc Sasquatch in Immortal Hulk's Gamma Flight.
    Waking up and going to bed with MJ and seeing Dodger Stadium (we know Peter likes baseball ( Mets)) and the Pacific Ocean is better therapy then Samson or worse Ravencroft.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    What Peter needs is Uncle Ben. If whatever happens in Sinister War, or issue 75 with Beyond leaves Peter incapacitated or in a coma, then we should get an issue with just him and Uncle Ben, chatting in a dream or something. Cherishing some old memories, Uncle Ben offering advice, and Peter finding the strength to overcome everything he's been through lately and finally emerging whole for the first time in years.
    I like that idea. I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Waking up and going to bed with MJ and seeing Dodger Stadium (we know Peter likes baseball ( Mets)) and the Pacific Ocean is better therapy then Samson or worse Ravencroft.
    Yeah, Ravencroft would be no help at all, especially with Norman Osborn in charge, even if he is currently "cleansed."

Extraordinary Member

Read an article about Avengers compensation and they had a fully paid for medical plan mentioned.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-pay-salary-benefits/

While the Avengers are considered a non-profit organization, both active and reserve members of the team can be paid a stipend from funding provided by the Maria Stark Foundation. According to the charter, active members of the team are paid $1000 a week, while reserve members who are effectively on-call are paid $100 a month. As the Avengers butler Jarvis explains in Jim Shooter, Bob Hall and Dan Green's Avengers #213, many of the team's early members refused the stipend, in which case they also have the option to send the money to a retirement fund.

Adjusted for inflation from that figure’s 1982 print date, those stipends are equivalent to $2815.50 a week for active members and $281.55 for reservists in today’s money.

Beyond that, the active members of the Avengers are also entitled to free medical and life insurance. The charter, which was written with the team’s Avengers Mansion headquarters in mind, also states that active members may be provided with living quarters and have “unlimited meal privileges” at their base. After the United States government suspended the Avengers’ charter in the early ‘90s, the United Nations reapproved the charter with a renewed focus on international membership and an amendment that explicitly set out the situations the team deal with in In 1991’s Avengers #329, by Larry Hama, Paul Ryan and Tom Palmer, but the rest of the charter remained the same.
    It says active members...but I would think they would waive that if a reserve/former member was in need.

Crap...forgot about that...but the story line is coming to an end soon anyway so they should just reset Leonard and Walter.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-29-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Read an article about Avengers compensation and they had a fully paid for medical plan mentioned.

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-pay-salary-benefits/

It says active members...but I would think they would waive that if a reserve/former member was in need.

Crap...forgot about that...but the story line is coming to an end soon anyway so they should just reset Leonard and Walter.
    That's good to know. Thanks.

Astonishing Member

They used to get the whole package. All of it paid for by Tony Stark via the Maria Stark Foundation. Even reserve members got paid to keep them on retainer.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if Ben will get to join a avengers lineup while this era happens like how Superior spider-man got to join the avengers during his time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if Ben will get to join a avengers lineup while this era happens like how Superior spider-man got to join the avengers during his time.
    God I hope not.
    I really want Spider-man being an Avengers something that is good.The normal time was in ANAD and everyone hated Spider-man and peter for no reason.

Also since NWH may be getting delayed and ben won't last longer than 8 months from october which is May so maybe they time 900th issue of Pete's return with NWH

Extraordinary Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/fcbd...going-forward/

Spoilers for the FCBD

So Ben's new costume has some special stuff
    And he knows he's working with Beyond Corp
    I don't think he realizes they are evil as of yet.

The disrespect, yeah I'm so done with this