Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
What relationships?
All the ones pinned under Slott were largely unaccepted by the fan base like Carlie Cooper and Black Canary. I mean you have over half the fan base asking when Peter and MJ going to get back together while writers want to explore new relationships. Spider-Man fans know Peter and MJ are endgame. They don't know who is endgame with Ben, Miles, Gwen, etc Because that has never been shown or taught to fans. So those characters exploring new and different relationships feel authentic and are accepted by fans. But Peter and MJ are the OTP for main Spider-Man, every fan knows that and it appears Marvel have stopped trying to pretend we don't on that latest run.

Also I don't mind buying Ben but why buying it so that I can read married spidey makes no sense.
We have like 10 different Spider-people that are single.
Yeah you don't. Not sure why they need Ben to make Peter married but if that's their thinking then I'd support it. I do like Ben, he was the Spider-Man I read when I first started collecting so I could totally read a book on him again. Not everyone does. You don't have to. But I wouldn't speak out against or discourage support for other Spider heroes if you want Peter to have the best chance at being remarried to MJ. It's the only way I can see Marvel going for it.