Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

.. sick of people dying in the spider-verse. Just not interested in that trope anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    There's gotta be some payoff with the engagement ring in Spencer's run. I'm thinking it's some kind of combination of things with Kindred forcing Peter to admit the truth that he made a deal with the devil, and becoming engaged with MJ again and maybe that results in May dying, or he's just disappointed in himself that he did the deal. I'd really like to see Peter and MJ engaged and safe lol.
    Keep your fingers and toes crossed, pal. I hope for the Spider-Marriage restores too.

Fantastic Member

Hmm... don't really have a problem with Ben temporarily taking over. I don't know if I like Peter going into depression and giving up the mantle. However, I could see the weight of the Mephisto deal, which also likely caused Harry to go to Hell, cutting him deeply. I also don't know if I'm a fan of May dying as a result of OMD coming to an end, if that's what happens, either... someone would likely bring her back down the road, anyways. Don't know if the marriage will return, or whether Pete and MJ will get engaged... lots of questions.

I just want to know what The Beyond Corporation has to do with all this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    Hmm... don't really have a problem with Ben temporarily taking over. I don't know if I like Peter going into depression and giving up the mantle. However, I could see the weight of the Mephisto deal, which also likely caused Harry to go to Hell, cutting him deeply. I also don't know if I'm a fan of May dying as a result of OMD coming to an end, if that's what happens, either... someone would likely bring her back down the road, anyways. Don't know if the marriage will return, or whether Pete and MJ will get engaged... lots of questions.

That's an excellent question. I'm not sure about it, but it appears the Beyond Corporation is made out of Multiverse Beings that can warp reality and they just want to "play with the alternative dimensions". "Beyond" makes me think about the Beyonder. I suppose that, if they are in mood or something, they could restore Peter's marriage and fix some of his errors. I suppose.

And about Aunt May dying... I have a theory. Eddie Brock warned that the Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards) will lead an invasion to 616's reality. If that's so, pretty sure Peter Parker could meet his young counterpart from the Ultimate Universe. Between the things that could happen, I believe that, if 616's Aunt May dies, maybe it could be replaced by Ultimate Aunt May, as she's younger and healthier. I know, it just doesn't sound right from a Spider-Fan, but if Peter failed to save his Aunt May, I believe saving her alternative self could be a way to compensate. As for Ultimate Peter Parker... Well, I don't know how he could be involved in all this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post

Same here.
    I just don't like how they are going about it.They are setting up a rivalry.
    Also they talk about an unliftable weight for Peter which is
    1)This is the guy with one of the strongest will power on the planet.
    2)Has dedicated his entire life to doing good
    3)Entire point of the character is too get up no matter how hard or how many times you go down

Also how does Ben being back be fatal for Peter?

I agree that Beyond Corp is the most exiciting and least talked about in this.

Also just checked again and twitter is pretty okay with this and IG along with others hate this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Just filler until we get to ASM # 900 and Peter comes back. Basically Marvel punting for time until they can get an A-list creative team for # 901.
    If this is it I'll be fine.
    Personally thought 900 would be the marriage but this works too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I hope Ben's new run goes past #900 just to make all these people calling it filler mad. Ben's no filler character. He's a canon character.
    I mean most people already don' like it.
    Curiosity will keep some buyers but i don't think this has the legs for 75 issues.
    Kindred itself is 74 and had many other subplots.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Again, I think fans are jumping the gun a bit. Does this all sound horrible? Yes. No question. The preview just seems so....out of left field. However, it’s not out yet and we still have the end of Spencer’s run left to see what happens.

Like I said before, this could all be one big epic fail. I literally just started picking up some issues again after growing tired of the series after Last Remains and just like that...I’m feeling exhausted again with it all. However, willing to give it the benefit of the doubt which isn’t like me at all when it comes to Spider-Man and Marvel.
    I would give it the benefit of doubt if not for the revolving door of mediocre writers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Spidey was still Peter, not a fake like Ben Reilly. I'm not saying ben is a bad Spidey, but even with Miles Morales sharing the name, there's only one true Amazing Spider-Man. Ben may have Peter's memories and abilities, but he's not really Peter.
    Straight facts.
    Say it louder for the people in the back

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    http://https://www.ign.com/articles/...-returns-clone

According to IGN article, Peter goes to serious depression at the end of Nick Spencer run, to the point he is willing to pass the Spider-Man title to Ben.
    The problem is that, Peter continued being Spider-Man:
    -- After his Uncle died.
    -- After Gwen Stacy died.
    -- During relationship troubles with MJ and Felicia.
    -- After surviving Kraven.
    -- After Venom traumatized his wife.
    -- After the Robotparents.
    -- After his Aunt died/revived-via-gaslighting.
    -- After the miscarriage of his child.
    -- After MJ's "death" and separation.

The idea that Peter would effectively quit being Spider-Man and give the job to some other character just doesn't fly. Spider-Man can be sick and need convalescing, Peter can ask for help but Peter quitting voluntarily and asking someone to do a shift on his behalf doesn't feel true to me, and certainly not as a foundation for a status-quo.

Before some smart people bring up "Spider-Man No More"...that happened during the story and was the actual conflict. Peter can flirt with quitting and stepping back in a story only to resolve his issues and find new optimism, but him walking away at the start doesn't make sense.

Astonishing Member

Well, actually, I can see this happen. I mean, as long as Peter is still alive, he can always return as Spidey. Also, I find this as a plausible excuse. I mean, after being tortured is such way by Kindred's machinations and stuff, I think a depression is the least he can suffer.

Hey, watch it, pal! Kindred made Peter pass through death several times. Ben Reilly went crazy with this, so Peter having a depression about it is not about "pathetic". How would you fill if they kill you several times?
    I understand depression is bad and not to be fooled around with, but it is not what I enjoy seeing for entertainment purposes. Depressing stories ( especially sad endings) are why I am not into most Indy films ( Mexican Moon being a recent exception). I also do not want to see Dr. Phil or Drew Barrymore “Give Me A Hug” kind of stuff. I want to see the Islanders kick the ass of Tampa Bay tomorrow night and get to the Stanley Cup Finals, I want to see the Yankees kick the ass of the Red Sux oops Sox and during football season I loved seeing ASU put 70 points up on the Arizona Wildcats. This is one guy who does not like seeing Peter lose, and I guarantee that am not spending time and money seeing Peter in a straight jacket in Ravencroft and will sit out the run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I understand depression is bad and not to be fooled around with, but it is not what I enjoy seeing for entertainment purposes. Depressing stories ( especially sad endings) are why I am not into most Indy films ( Mexican Moon being a recent exception). I also do not want to see Dr. Phil or Drew Barrymore “Give Me A Hug” kind of stuff. I want to see the Islanders kick the ass of Tampa Bay tomorrow night and get to the Stanley Cup Finals, I want to see the Yankees kick the ass of the Red Sux oops Sox and during football season I loved seeing ASU put 70 points up on the Arizona Wildcats. This is one guy who does not like seeing Peter lose, and I guarantee that am not spending time and money seeing Peter in a straight jacket in Ravencroft and will sit out the run.
    There's a difference between suffer a deep depression and be sent to Ravencroft. After all the bad things that happened to Peter in the past, he would be in his right to go nutty, but he didn't. Having a down time, however, I think he has every right to have it.

Astonishing Member

There's a difference between suffer a deep depression and be sent to Ravencroft. After all the bad things that happened to Peter in the past, he would be in his right to go nutty, but he didn't. Having a down time, however, I think he has every right to have it.
    I am a person who understands Peter needs a break ( especially if Aunt May dies which must happen for OMD to end), I have said it before no need to rehash. But reading Nick Lowe say someone else will not make the same mistakes as Peter, sounds like Peter bashing to me. How fast Marvel forgets issues like Ends of the Earth? How fast they forget Superior ( actually redoing Superior with Ben instead of Otto)? I may not be as knowledgeable as say Revolutionary Jack, but I can cite other examples of Peter saving the day if necessary. I just see this not ending in a good way, but maybe I can be proven wrong. I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The problem is that, Peter continued being Spider-Man:
    -- After his Uncle died.
    -- After Gwen Stacy died.
    -- During relationship troubles with MJ and Felicia.
    -- After surviving Kraven.
    -- After Venom traumatized his wife.
    -- After the Robotparents.
    -- After his Aunt died/revived-via-gaslighting.
    -- After the miscarriage of his child.
    -- After MJ's "death" and separation.

The idea that Peter would effectively quit being Spider-Man and give the job to some other character just doesn't fly. Spider-Man can be sick and need convalescing, Peter can ask for help but Peter quitting voluntarily and asking someone to do a shift on his behalf doesn't feel true to me, and certainly not as a foundation for a status-quo.

Before some smart people bring up "Spider-Man No More"...that happened during the story and was the actual conflict. Peter can flirt with quitting and stepping back in a story only to resolve his issues and find new optimism, but him walking away at the start doesn't make sense.
    I guess Spencer is going to really emotionally break/compromise him.

Astonishing Member

Spidey was still Peter, not a fake like Ben Reilly. I'm not saying ben is a bad Spidey, but even with Miles Morales sharing the name, there's only one true Amazing Spider-Man. Ben may have Peter's memories and abilities, but he's not really Peter.
    Why is that a good thing?