Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    LOL! Oh that's funny. Got to have a clone now I guess.
    they can only do so many stories about Peter getting a new job only to end up as a jobless loser(wash,rinse,repeat). Spencer did not even let Peter get a low pay dead end job.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's important for the contrast .
    If it was, Bruce's better successor wouldn't have his mouth covered. I mean, come on, what's the point of smiling when you're supposed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals? That's something the Superior Spider-Man did better. Heck, I bet Ben Reilly will terrify at least a few people in his... Second tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    If it was, Bruce's better successor wouldn't have his mouth covered. I mean, come on, what's the point of smiling when you're supposed to strike fear into the hearts of criminals? That's something the Superior Spider-Man did better. Heck, I bet Ben Reilly will terrify at least a few people in his... Second tenure.
    Why I am not surprised you'd bring this up ?

Extraordinary Member

Also Ben fans should know that he is working with the Beyond corp so don't expect him to be the hero here.That and the fact that this is ASM as in Peter's book.

Good news is that at 3 issues per month we won't have to wait much.I already expect the art and writing to be inconsistent and terrible.

BANNED

Ben was way more valid than either of those two examples.
    Technically, Peter only okayed Ben to be Spider-Man after he was gaslighted into thinking he was a clone and Ben was the original. So his consent for Ben to take over wasn’t done with full knowledge. Soni don’t see how Ben is more valid than Kraven or Otto. At least Kraven beat Spidey in a fight fair and square and won his totem honorably.

Whereas Peter wholeheartedly approved of Miles and let him be Spider-Man and carry his name without coercion.

So Miles far more than Ben qualifies as first character to be approved by Peter as Spider-Man in 616 continuity and is active as a superhero.

Why I am not surprised you'd bring this up ?
    I wasn't the one who brought up Dick Grayson. And you know it's true. Dan DiDio was doing something right when he made that guy Nightwing again. He's better as the Scarlet Spider to Bruce's Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    they can only do so many stories about Peter getting a new job only to end up as a jobless loser(wash,rinse,repeat). Spencer did not even let Peter get a low pay dead end job.
    You are 100% correct.I will add the comments by Nick Low oops Lowe to that.,He and I have a very different idea of what Spider-Man should be. I believe he should be a winner and Lowe believes he should be a loser. The only kind of person who should enjoy making someone go through lots of garbage and not succeeding are self loathing masochists.

Incredible Member

Well I for one am looking forward to this.

Hopefully we'll get a story with a more interesting Spider-Man.

I'll be more than happy if they ignore all of Ben's (recent) history.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Technically, Peter only okayed Ben to be Spider-Man after he was gaslighted into thinking he was a clone and Ben was the original. So his consent for Ben to take over wasn’t done with full knowledge. Soni don’t see how Ben is more valid than Kraven or Otto. At least Kraven beat Spidey in a fight fair and square and won his totem honorably.

Whereas Peter wholeheartedly approved of Miles and let him be Spider-Man and carry his name without coercion.

So Miles far more than Ben qualifies as first character to be approved by Peter as Spider-Man in 616 continuity and is active as a superhero.
    Ben had nothing to do with the gaslighting though, since he was being gaslighted too. It doesn't invalidate his time being Spider-Man.

Peter approved of Miles using the Spider-Man name but he didn't officially declare him his successor or anything. At this point he'd probably say Ben could call himself Spider-Man if he wanted to.

One thing they need to do is shave Ben's facial hair off. It doesn't look good. It's the opposite of good. Spider-Man is supposed to be handsome. That's not handsome. I asked my mom if it was handsome and she said no.

One thing they need to do is shave Ben's facial hair off. It doesn't look good. It's the opposite of good. Spider-Man is supposed to be handsome. That's not handsome. I asked my mom if it was handsome and she said no.

I'm usually not one for beards, but I think it looks pretty solid here .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also Ben fans should know that he is working with the Beyond corp so don't expect him to be the hero here.That and the fact that this is ASM as in Peter's book.

Good news is that at 3 issues per month we won't have to wait much.I already expect the art and writing to be inconsistent and terrible.
    Well Ben did this New U cloning scheme.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Just filler until we get to ASM # 900 and Peter comes back. Basically Marvel punting for time until they can get an A-list creative team for # 901.

I hope Ben's new run goes past #900 just to make all these people calling it filler mad. Ben's no filler character. He's a canon character.

Mighty Member

I hope Ben's new run goes past #900 just to make all these people calling it filler mad. Ben's no filler character. He's a canon character.
    Maybe to 905? 60th anniversary of AF15 is August of next year. Seems like the latest they'll run Ben as Spider-man, imo.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm