Page 101 of 134 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Miguel was at least sincere about it, he just straight up admitted that he let Vulture died because the guy was too evil for him (Vulture 2099 was a cannibal by the way), is kind of funny because at first i thought that Miguel just made a mistake and it was an accident, but no, Miguel downright says "i let him die" lol.
    Terry isn't as blatant about it, but you can see that once in a while, if a villain is doing something stupid, he'll stop and watch, one time a villain was cutting the ground, and they were in a really tall building, Terry just let the guy keep going, and then the guy fell and Terry did nothing to save him.

I guess saying it out loud would lead to Bruce bitching to him lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's an interesting podcast interview with Zeb Wells here:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000529804782

Wells doesn't talk too much and mostly chats up about Hellions. So you need to check the last 30 mins or so for his views on Beyond.
    -- Wells says that he never cared for Ben Reilly and dropped out of reading Spider-Man comics when the Clone Saga happened.
    -- He said that he was moved to write about Ben because people around the office are Ben Reilly fans, and that made him revisit and take a second look at the original material.

-- He said he's pulling from the original clone saga, from DeMatteis' run, from Slott's Clone Conspiracy, PAD's series.
    -- Nick Lowe pitched him ideas and a 19-issue run and it was Lowe's idea to use Ben Reilly and not Wells.
    -- Wells says that Beyond is taking a big swing with both Ben and Peter.

It doesn't necessarily bother me that like PAD Wells didn't particularly care for Ben or the Clone Saga but it would be a refreshing change of pace going forward to actually get a couple of writers who actually feel Ben was/is an interesting character to author his stories without having to be convinced by apparently a small army of his supporters around the office.

Anyone know what the other writers involved in Beyond opinions on Ben are?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Terry isn't as blatant about it, but you can see that once in a while, if a villain is doing something stupid, he'll stop and watch, one time a villain was cutting the ground, and they were in a really tall building, Terry just let the guy keep going, and then the guy fell and Terry did nothing to save him.

I guess saying it out loud would lead to Bruce bitching to him lol.
    Not the first time, though, if we're going into Batman Beyond and comparisons with Spider-Man 2099. Terry's first fight as Batman against those responsible for his father's murder had him throw a canister of mutagenic nerve gas that Derek Powers, CEO of Wayne-Powers, was intending to sell to an Eastern European country in the midst of a civil war right at Powers, who reflexively shot it and poisoned himself while Terry flew off to get at the guy who actually carried out the hit . . . and then let that guy drown in a hovercraft that he caused to crash into the water. When Bruce and Terry realized that started the chain of events that led to Powers becoming Blight in the finale of the first season, Terry had no f***s left to give: "Hey, this guy had my father murdered, and he's been hiding from the law ever since. Well, no more hiding for Mr. Derek Powers, now everyone can see him for what he is. Even in the dark."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Anyone know what the other writers involved in Beyond opinions on Ben are?
    The thing about that is that I don't think there'd be any reason of the other writers to have even brought Ben up before, and once you're writing something you're not going to spit on your meal ticket. PAD himself panned the story back in the 90s, and had all of a eloquent "Oy." when inquired about him during a bit of his Spider-Man hiatus before he signed on over to do Friendly Neighborhood (c'mon, let Ben have it, man. I'm probably not gonna agree with your perspective but I'd like to hear it). And then when he was handled the monthly post-Clone Conspiracy it was basically "I'm having a lot of fun writing him" (the ending disagrees but that's neither here nor there).

One way or another, it seems like Ahmed's idea of paying homage to Tom Lyle was having Ben job to tactical flashlights, so that's something to go off. Then again, his Peter also made a fool of himself in a backup during Spencer's run with Vulture's granddaughter, so maybe that's his way to let us know he thinks he's just as worthy as Peter!
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

So, the situation of Peter is a mix between U-Foes' poison gas and radioactive blast? Well, I understand the gas' problem (no pun intended), but I don't see why the radiation should a problem. I mean, in the past, Peter proved having radioactive blood can be useful to resist radioactivity at some level.

To defeat Morlun the first time, Peter applied a new dosis of radioactivity to poison him. And several times in the past, Peter's radioactive blood allowed him to gain and control (to certain level) the gamma power of Hulk. So, what's different this time?

I wonder what kind of danger comes from Peter's body. I just hope this won't be cancer, because that would be a real bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    So, the situation of Peter is a mix between U-Foes' poison gas and radioactive blast? Well, I understand the gas' problem (no pun intended), but I don't see why the radiation should a problem. I mean, in the past, Peter proved having radioactive blood can be useful to resist radioactivity at some level.

To defeat Morlun the first time, Peter applied a new dosis of radioactivity to poison him. And several times in the past, Peter's radioactive blood allowed him to gain and control (to certain level) the gamma power of Hulk. So, what's different this time?

I wonder what kind of danger comes from Peter's body. I just hope this won't be cancer, because that would be a real bummer.
    I still believe the U-Foes were hired by Beyond Corp behind Ben's back to get Peter out of the way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I still believe the U-Foes were hired by Beyond Corp behind Ben's back to get Peter out of the way.
    I wouldn't be surprised, and that's why I hope when Peter strikes back at them, he will do it big time!

Extraordinary Member

Facts, I just hope this has no lasting effects beyond the 19 issues.Heck I'm hoping he gets back at it at the end of december for the sole purpose that he gets to be in Devil's Reign.

Yeah, seems obv.Wonder how long it'll take Ben to figure it out.

I wouldn't be surprised, and that's why I hope when Peter strikes back at them, he will do it big time!
    Yeah, I really hope he brings Beyond and anyone they hired down hard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts, I just hope this has no lasting effects beyond the 19 issues.Heck I'm hoping he gets back at it at the end of december for the sole purpose that he gets to be in Devil's Reign.

Yeah, seems obv.Wonder how long it'll take Ben to figure it out.

Yeah, I really hope he brings Beyond and anyone they hired down hard.
    Not everyone. Some of them are friends of Peter, so it would be appropiated if Peter convinces them to turn against Beyond.

Not everyone. Some of them are friends of Peter, so it would be appropiated if Peter convinces them to turn against Beyond.
    Makes more sense that way, and I am hoping something happens that raises Ben's suspicions of his so-called benefactors in Beyond Corp.

Astonishing Member

Makes more sense that way, and I am hoping something happens that raises Ben's suspicions of his so-called benefactors in Beyond Corp.
    What surprises me is that he hasn't suspected from the very beginning. He clearly doesn't have Peter's experience, because he would have smelled something fishy from the very beginning.

Incredible Member

What surprises me is that he hasn't suspected from the very beginning. He clearly doesn't have Peter's experience, because he would have smelled something fishy from the very beginning.

Why is it so hard to believe that he wouldn't immediately suspect something is up from the very beginning? Ben isn't infallible and much like many people in real life he's falling for a too good to be true offer that he's going to come to regret taking later on down the road.
    Last edited by classicgmer; 10-10-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Why is it so hard to believe that he wouldn't immediately suspect something is up from the very beginning? Ben isn't infallible and much like many people in real life he's falling for a too good to be true offer that he's going to come to regret taking later on down the road.
    Nowadays, the "too good to be true" lesson is learnt at a very young age. And considering how Ben suffered because of the Jackal's machinations, he should be the first one to realize if someone is too good with you has to mean something bad under it. Now that I think about, how is it not even his Spider-Sense warned him? I mean, the Spider-Sense works from any kind of threat, even those who are not going to attack at the moment.

Incredible Member

Nowadays, the "too good to be true" lesson is learnt at a very young age. And considering how Ben suffered because of the Jackal's machinations, he should be the first one to realize if someone is too good with you has to mean something bad under it. Now that I think about, how is it not even his Spider-Sense warned him? I mean, the Spider-Sense works from any kind of threat, even those who are not going to attack at the moment.

Eh I don't really agree with any of this and I just think what it boils down to is that because we as the audience have the benefit of knowing that accepting this offer will most likely come back to bite Ben in the rear that it should be obvious to him as well but it simply doesn't work like that.

cause spider-sense is inconsistent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy