Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2004
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I'm glad you're finally excited for beyond. Quite a pleasant turnaround.
    Same here, heck I'm in for all the Ben stuff as well.Reading some of his older stuff again after a very long time and taking my time w/ it helped.Not to mention knowing how long it was gave me a sense of what this was trying to be and that's reassuring to me personally w/ any run.
    Don't want to get too far ahead but it's looking good so far, let's hope the next issue and all these deliver as well.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    New cover alert
    https://twitter.com/SupSpiderTalk/st...216262/photo/1

New solicits for next 3 issues

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=135614598

It begins in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85 by writer Cody Ziglar and artist Paco Medina. It’s going to take everything for Ben Reilly—and the company that backs him—to stop Otto Octavius. But, in the Merry Marvel fashion (and as with all respectable Spider-Stories), even if Spider-Man wins, he is going to lose. And he is going to lose BIG.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86 by writer Zeb Wells and artist Michael Dowling will deal with the aftermath of the fight and will be a comic that fans will remember for years to come. Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.

And find out if Peter Parker can step up and be Spider-Man again in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #87 by writer Jed MacKay and artist Carlos Gómez. With NYC reeling from Doc Ock’s attack and Ben Reilly possibly down, it’s up to Captain America and Black Cat to see if Peter Parker is ready for action again. You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not.

And find out if Peter Parker can step up and be Spider-Man again in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #87 by writer Jed MacKay and artist Carlos Gómez. With NYC reeling from Doc Ock’s attack and Ben Reilly possibly down, it’s up to Captain America and Black Cat to see if Peter Parker is ready for action again. You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not.
    Looks like Ben is reliving Peter's very first battle with Doc Ock. Almost made Peter quit after that loss.

BANNED

There's something bizarre about seeing Cap hold Peter's pants with his left hand. It looks like he's Spider-Man's roommate.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's something bizarre about seeing Cap hold Peter's pants with his left hand. It looks like he's Spider-Man's roommate.
    "Peter, this is the last time you mix your laundry with mine!"

Peter coming back so soon? Meh.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

New cover alert
    https://twitter.com/SupSpiderTalk/st...216262/photo/1

New solicits for next 3 issues

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=135614598

It begins in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #85 by writer Cody Ziglar and artist Paco Medina. It’s going to take everything for Ben Reilly—and the company that backs him—to stop Otto Octavius. But, in the Merry Marvel fashion (and as with all respectable Spider-Stories), even if Spider-Man wins, he is going to lose. And he is going to lose BIG.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #86 by writer Zeb Wells and artist Michael Dowling will deal with the aftermath of the fight and will be a comic that fans will remember for years to come. Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.

Things just got more interesting, Peter becoming Spider-Man again was very obvious that it would eventually happen and if I believe what I think they plan to do Otto will end up very badly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Things just got more interesting, Peter becoming Spider-Man again was very obvious that it would eventually happen and if I believe what I think they plan to do Otto will end up very badly.

What do you think they're planning to do with Otto?

Also, if Jeanine dies Beyond loses a hell of leverage on Ben

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Wow they're treating Ben really well this time (sarcasm)

Eh it doesn't really bother me that they're putting Ben through the wringer particularly against one of Spider-Man's most dangerous foes in Doc Ock because for me it's more about how he responds to the challenges and adversities that come along with being Spider-man.

If he completely crumbles and his confidence and mental state deteriorate to the point where he runs to Peter to save the day while not contributing anything to resolve the bad situation i'll be pissed.

Best case scenario to me would be something like during his first run as Spider-Man where he got his butt completely handed to him by the Jason Macendale version of the Hobgoblin in their first encounter but then after getting advice from Peter on how to fight him he then came back in a second encounter and took him down.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It's just 19 issues and that's already around the 10th chapter mark so it's kinda par for the course.

Maybe this means the ending isn't just "Ben was always a filthy faker and bask on Peter's glorious return", though?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    "Peter, this is the last time you mix your laundry with mine!"
    Yeah,it's a bit weird but having Cap America and Black Cat being here is a great choice.We never really see major stuff happening to Pete get recognized by the larger MU so it's nice Cap is helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    For what it's worth, they did show him being back last month as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    I really wanna see how Ock here and in Devil's Reign plays w/ this and how Peter fits in all of it.

Astonishing Member

“A comic that fans will remember for years to come”
    “Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.”
    “You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not.”

Maybe is not all what it seems, I looking forward to be suprised with clever twists and turns and not nonsensical suprises just for sake of subverting expectations.

Mighty Member

Yeah,it's a bit weird but having Cap America and Black Cat being here is a great choice.We never really see major stuff happening to Pete get recognized by the larger MU so it's nice Cap is helping.

For what it's worth, they did show him being back last month as well.

I really wanna see how Ock here and in Devil's Reign plays w/ this and how Peter fits in all of it.
    Perhaps it is a lesson for Ben not to be too dependent on the upgraded suit.

Amazing Member

Dr. Octopus again? I was hoping with Ben as Spider-Man they'd use different villains. I'm kind of tired of creative teams constantly playing the greatest hits instead of creating their own rogues. Everyone just seems to want to write THEIR Doc Ock story or THEIR Goblin story instead of either creating something new or using a forgotten villain in an interesting way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Dr. Octopus again? I was hoping with Ben as Spider-Man they'd use different villains. I'm kind of tired of creative teams constantly playing the greatest hits instead of creating their own rogues. Everyone just seems to want to write THEIR Doc Ock story or THEIR Goblin story instead of either creating something new or using a forgotten villain in an interesting way
    I was hoping for Joystick return at least

Astonishing Member

On a second look, the first cover seems to imply some civilian casualties. Maybe that's the BIG lose for Ben.