Page 104 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2004
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Dr. Octopus again? I was hoping with Ben as Spider-Man they'd use different villains. I'm kind of tired of creative teams constantly playing the greatest hits instead of creating their own rogues. Everyone just seems to want to write THEIR Doc Ock story or THEIR Goblin story instead of either creating something new or using a forgotten villain in an interesting way
    Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I was hoping for Joystick return at least
    Joystick would definitely be great to see again, could cast her as an even more amoral Black Cat in juxtaposition with Ben as Spider-Man. As for the larger point about not creating new villains or at least dredging up more obscure preexisting villains, a lot of creatives in the industry don't want to basically give away their best and/or most original ideas when they know the Big Two (still) won't compensate them fairly, especially when those ideas get incorporated into multibillion-dollar mass media franchises.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    For what it's worth, they did show him being back last month as well.
    I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Dr. Octopus again? I was hoping with Ben as Spider-Man they'd use different villains. I'm kind of tired of creative teams constantly playing the greatest hits instead of creating their own rogues. Everyone just seems to want to write THEIR Doc Ock story or THEIR Goblin story instead of either creating something new or using a forgotten villain in an interesting way
    That's right, when's Big Wheel returning as Spidey's greatest villain as he should be? .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Perhaps it is a lesson for Ben not to be too dependent on the upgraded suit.
    Yeah we see him take hits for the heck of it(both w/ Ufoes and in FCBD, I called it out then as well.) and if not for Beyond's suit he would also be toast in that radiation.It's just one issue and seems like he's gonna get beat up a whole lot.Morbius, Kraven and Ock aside we also have Obsidian

On a second look, the first cover seems to imply some civilian casualties. Maybe that's the BIG lose for Ben.
    Ooh, nice catch.Specially since beyond is all about new and improved Spidey but then Ben can't stop mass casualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I don't like it.
    Okay, my point was they did say he would be back before but he's still trying so we may get more time w/ Ben than one might think.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's right, when's Big Wheel returning as Spidey's greatest villain as he should be? .
    Hey man, I don't think we can use a being of that power level w/out Cap. universe Spidey.

I still remember that one episode of 90s TAS that debuted him and Rocket Racer, with Rocket Racer using tech he swiped from Big Wheel (technically never addressed by that name there). Fun times.

Incredible Member

“A comic that fans will remember for years to come”
    “Ben Reilly has been shaken to the core, and you will be too.”
    “You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not.”

Maybe is not all what it seems, I looking forward to be suprised with clever twists and turns and not nonsensical suprises just for sake of subverting expectations.

Yeah we'll see...If the whole point of Beyond is Marvel trying to hammer home the point that nobody is up to the task of being Spider-Man but especially not that bum clone Ben Reilly then that would be really disappointing but not something i'd be completely shocked by.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

What do you think they're planning to do with Otto?

Also, if Jeanine dies Beyond loses a hell of leverage on Ben
    If Jeanine dies, which I hope she doesn't, but in the event that Jeanine dies, one of those responsible could be Otto and we will probably see a Ben out of control, that would also explain why in issue #87 we see a very depressed Ben.

Hey man, I don't think we can use a being of that power level w/out Cap. universe Spidey.
    Then maybe Eddie as that cosmic Venom thing should be dealing with that .

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I still remember that one episode of 90s TAS that debuted him and Rocket Racer, with Rocket Racer using tech he swiped from Big Wheel (technically never addressed by that name there). Fun times.
    I had forgotten who Rocket Racer was for a moment, so I was imagining Spidey dealing with him by using the Spider-Mobile lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    If Jeanine dies, which I hope she doesn't, but in the event that Jeanine dies, one of those responsible could be Otto and we will probably see a Ben out of control, that would also explain why in issue #87 we see a very depressed Ben.
    Janine returning just to die would be really lame.

Then again she could pretend to die, she did that before lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Yeah we'll see...If the whole point of Beyond is Marvel trying to hammer home the point that nobody is up to the task of being Spider-Man but especially not that bum clone Ben Reilly then that would be really disappointing but not something i'd be completely shocked by.
    I doubt it, w/ the DeMatties series on the way that's highly unlikely IMO.Ofc. Peter is the best person for the task(it's even stated in canon multiple times) but that doesn't mean Ben needs to be the Bum.A Scarlet Spider spin off after Beyond would be great

Astonishing Member

I doubt it, w/ the DeMatties series on the way that's highly unlikely IMO.Ofc. Peter is the best person for the task(it's even stated in canon multiple times) but that doesn't mean Ben needs to be the Bum.A Scarlet Spider spin off after Beyond would be great
    Or a return to Lorenzo Lamas Ben traveling in his bike across America

Astonishing Member

Not without his full symbiote army

Extraordinary Member

Or a return to Lorenzo Lamas Ben traveling in his bike across America
    Or that

Not without his full symbiote army
    Still a uphill battle for the Symbiotes but they might have a chance

Also we have this for issue 79

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...053254/photo/1

Or that

Still a uphill battle for the Symbiotes but they might have a chance

Also we have this for issue 79

https://twitter.com/thedanjurgens/st...053254/photo/1
    Looks pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

I had forgotten who Rocket Racer was for a moment, so I was imagining Spidey dealing with him by using the Spider-Mobile lol.

Janine returning just to die would be really lame.

Then again she could pretend to die, she did that before lol.
    It's also a good possibility, Beyond could pretend Janine's death, although it seems no one realized that in issue #86 a character who once saved Peter and Kaine's life will possibly return.
    Last edited by The Black Death; 10-12-2021 at 03:49 PM.