Page 105 of 134 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2004
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    It's also a good possibility, Beyond could pretend Janine's death, although it seems no one realized that in issue #87 a character who once saved Peter and Kaine's life will possibly return.
    Who is the person you are talking about?

Also "You may think you know where this story is going, but you do not." scares me a bit.Really hope they nail the return.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I doubt it, w/ the DeMatties series on the way that's highly unlikely IMO.Ofc. Peter is the best person for the task(it's even stated in canon multiple times) but that doesn't mean Ben needs to be the Bum.A Scarlet Spider spin off after Beyond would be great

The Dematties series to me isn't really an indication of how Marvel really looks at Ben because much like the Spider-Man: The Real Clone Saga mini series they did in 2011

https://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Re.../dp/0785148051

It involves writers and artists who have an appreciation for the character who wouldn't have signed on for the projects to give him more lackluster stories
    Last edited by classicgmer; 10-12-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Incredible Member

Oh Janny girl, the fridges, the fridges are calling... 🙄

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Oh Janny girl, the fridges, the fridges are calling... ��
    I still put my money on civilians/bystanders

Good(?) to know I'm not the only one who thinks Janine might not make it...I'm hoping it's not the case, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Shame, I was really happy that she was brought back but at the same time it does make sense. Nothing good can last forever, especially when you're a Spider-Character, and Janine dying (along with a lot of New York citizens) would definitely break Ben's spirit. I hope Peter is kind enough to him once (and if) he learns about that and that Ben doesn't get portrayed like a wimp afterwards. Need Ben to realize Beyond is a shitty corporate, beat the shit outta Otto and potentially avenge his first true love.

Now, despite all that. Marvel, if you're listening to me, first off luv u, second, if Janine does die... can I get some Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man x Angelica Jones Firestar pretty please?
    ruCMgye7Q7BiBq_SU9ezr1S846yFDRzE1K5xZ-sEMPZ_iMFZwGjwThCa7z_51YXqBvBkMIN7u-Dk=s0.jpg
    (Look, man. There was chemistry there. I could just sense it.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Good(?) to know I'm not the only one who thinks Janine might not make it...I'm hoping it's not the case, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Shame, I was really happy that she was brought back but at the same time it does make sense. Nothing good can last forever, especially when you're a Spider-Character, and Janine dying (along with a lot of New York citizens) would definitely break Ben's spirit. I hope Peter is kind enough to him once (and if) he learns about that and that Ben doesn't get portrayed like a wimp afterwards. Need Ben to realize Beyond is a shitty corporate, beat the shit outta Otto and potentially avenge his first true love.

Now, despite all that. Marvel, if you're listening to me, first off luv u, second, if Janine does die... can I get some Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider/Spider-Man x Angelica Jones Firestar pretty please?
    ruCMgye7Q7BiBq_SU9ezr1S846yFDRzE1K5xZ-sEMPZ_iMFZwGjwThCa7z_51YXqBvBkMIN7u-Dk=s0.jpg
    I feel that after Ben sacrificed his life to save Peter he never cut him any slack. Even when he first encountered him as the Jackal. Never tried to REALLY help him. and he knows of all the torture at the hands of Warren. But Kaine gets a free pass. That alway looked as a pretty shi**y attitude from Peter.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

If anyone still wants to run with "Ben and Kaine being at each other's throats" all they have to do to set that right once and for all is to have both of them sit down for some drinks and have Ben remark nothing is more fun than getting on Justice's nerves (which each of them did in their own way).
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

The solicits from this 4Chan thread (yes, I know they’re awful, but they always break upcoming news first) shows Peter is coming back as Spidey around issue 87 (it’s an Otto thread, but just scroll down). Click at your own risk, because you know, it’s 4Chan.

https://boards.4channel.org/co/thread/126318877

EDIT: Whoops… didn’t see it had already been posted. There goes my scoop!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The solicits from this 4Chan thread (yes, I know they’re awful, but they always break upcoming news first) shows Peter is coming back as Spidey around issue 87 (it’s an Otto thread, but just scroll down). Click at your own risk, because you know, it’s 4Chan.

https://boards.4channel.org/co/thread/126318877

EDIT: Whoops… didn’t see it had already been posted. There goes my scoop!

I don't think what's contained within that thread is all that much different from what's posted here and that is that he's approached to see if he's ready to suit back up as Spider-Man. Personally i feel it's just a tad to early for that quite yet and the way the solicitation is worded leads me to believe it won't be as simple as Peter's back full throttle.

Ben and Angelica is the only ship I've ever really cared about! I loved their brief flirtations -- she inviting him to join the New Warriors, then being the only one of his teammates to realize that he became Spidey once Evil Cyber Scarlet Spider started wrecking havoc. Don't get me wrong: I'm glad Ben and Janine are together, and I certainly want Ben to enjoy some happiness. But, y'know, in a vacuum: Scarlet Spider / Firestar are an awesome pairing.

-Pav, who wanted Phil Goblin, Scarlet, and Firestar to be the new Amazing Friends...

PS: Oh, and for what it's worth, I still don't think Janine is going to die. Nobody's going to get the drop on her ever again.
    Last edited by Pav; 10-12-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I don't think what's contained within that thread is all that much different from what's posted here and that is that he's approached to see if he's ready to suit back up as Spider-Man. Personally i feel it's just a tad to early for that quite yet and the way the solicitation is worded leads me to believe it won't be as simple as Peter's back full throttle.
    Yeah, from the solicitis, it looks that is not so cut and dry as Ben failing and Peter stepping up again. Maybe a third player?

Wont Aunt May ask for Otto to help Peter? Maybe this is him helping? Messing up Ben to set up Peter's return.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I’m torn. As a continuity nut, I’d hope Doc Ock would reference their bad blood from ‘Clone Conspiracy.’ On the other hand, I hate that era of Ben and want it totally forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m torn. As a continuity nut, I’d hope Doc Ock would reference their bad blood from ‘Clone Conspiracy.’ On the other hand, I hate that era of Ben and want it totally forgotten.
    does Otto know that the new jackal was Ben?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Yes. He references this in Spidergeddon too IIRC.