Page 113 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2004
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CV5t6oLL..._web_copy_link

Looks like the cover for Amazing Spider-Man #84 is ready and done! (Must my boy Ben be hurting in almost every cover?...)

Btw, sorry I haven't been talking a lot, I've been busy with school and other things so I haven't necessarily had the time to post here.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status...306319874?s=20

According to Jed MacKay, Moon Knight is making an appearance in Death of Doctor Strange: Spider-Man! I'm only posting this here because it's related to Beyond and I really like Moon Knight lol
    It's cool. Real life comes first. And yeah, having somewhat liked Moon Knight's dynamic with Spider-Man in Web of Shadows and then the final seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man on Disney XD, I'd be curious to see how Moon Knight would interact with Ben.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Looks like the cover for Amazing Spider-Man #84 is ready and done! (Must my boy Ben be hurting in almost every cover?...)

Btw, sorry I haven't been talking a lot, I've been busy with school and other things so I haven't necessarily had the time to post here.

According to Jed MacKay, Moon Knight is making an appearance in Death of Doctor Strange: Spider-Man! I'm only posting this here because it's related to Beyond and I really like Moon Knight lol
    Is that just one Ben or multiple ones?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah gotta say Ben made good covers for like 2 issues and then is getting whooped ever since

Moon Knight is badass, I'm half excited and half angry for this book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's cool. Real life comes first. And yeah, having somewhat liked Moon Knight's dynamic with Spider-Man in Web of Shadows and then the final seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel's Spider-Man on Disney XD, I'd be curious to see how Moon Knight would interact with Ben.
    Considering how he isn't a fan of corps and how they are in 616 he's either gonna investigate them at the least or about to give Ben some fist of Khonsu.Probably neither since he's not involved w/ Beyond in the slightest

Extraordinary Member

Here is one of my issues with this Beyond story and Ben and Spider-Man...

Peter is not exactly an anonymous person....Former head or Parker Industries, his work with the Bugle from freelance photographer to Science Editor, his tour with the photo-book that was done years ago, and of course there has to be instances of him on MJ's arm with the stalker-razzi following her around. People have an idea who Peter is.

Is there no one who knows Ben is Spider-Man...who looks at him and says to themselves "No...Ben Reilly looks nothing like this Peter Parker guy...so there is no way whatsoever that Peter Parker cold be the real, original Spider-Man."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Here is one of my issues with this Beyond story and Ben and Spider-Man...

Peter is not exactly an anonymous person....Former head or Parker Industries, his work with the Bugle from freelance photographer to Science Editor, his tour with the photo-book that was done years ago, and of course there has to be instances of him on MJ's arm with the stalker-razzi following her around. People have an idea who Peter is.

Is there no one who knows Ben is Spider-Man...who looks at him and says to themselves "No...Ben Reilly looks nothing like this Peter Parker guy...so there is no way whatsoever that Peter Parker cold be the real, original Spider-Man."
    You have a good point. If Elon Musk dyed his hair blonde, people wouldn’t suddenly be like “whoa… it’s a completely different guy.” That’s why both Parker Industries and making MJ a supermodel were extremely stupid ideas.

Extraordinary Member

Clark kent wears glasses and he's suddenly a new guy so this isn't a new thing

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Clark kent wears glasses and he's suddenly a new guy so this isn't a new thing
    Well… I think that’s incredibly dumb too, and one of the many reasons I can’t get into Supes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Well… I think that’s incredibly dumb too, and one of the many reasons I can’t get into Supes.
    I agree it's dumb, but it doesn't bother me that much

Extraordinary Member

You have a good point. If Elon Musk dyed his hair blonde, people wouldn’t suddenly be like “whoa… it’s a completely different guy.” That’s why both Parker Industries and making MJ a supermodel were extremely stupid ideas.
    At least without Ben around...and people knowing he is Spider-Man...Peter has a full face mask...

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree it's dumb, but it doesn't bother me that much
    DC has provided an explanation of sorts in recent years. Apparently, Dr. Fate enchanted the glasses so they affect the perception of anyone who views Clark while wearing them (which makes zero sense when you take into account Sups' allergy to magic). Stupid, I know, but it is better than nothing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    DC has provided an explanation of sorts in recent years. Apparently, Dr. Fate enchanted the glasses so they affect the perception of anyone who views Clark while wearing them (which makes zero sense when you take into account Sups' allergy to magic). Stupid, I know, but it is better than nothing.
    Still not as silly as Byrne’s explanation that Superman vibrates his face until it becomes blurry whenever there’s a camera.

Still not as silly as Byrne’s explanation that Superman vibrates his face until it becomes blurry whenever there’s a camera.
    My favorite personally is when he Lois was suspecting that Clark was Superman and the Kents cover up was that Clark and Superman were brothers lol. Man, i still enjoy Byrne's Superman, but is clearly more silly that he intended it to be.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Supes is just more vulnerable to magic, stuff that isn't gonna hurt someone else isn't gonna hurt him.

Either way, this is at least the second time DC tried ay "Superman's glasses hypnotize people" explanation, the previous one made no sense (But it was from pre-crisis so might've been classic silver age nonsense), this one is the same, with the only difference is that it uses magic (I think the previous one had Supes with glasses made from the glass that was on his ship, and that hypnotizes people for some reason), so it makes no sense too lol.

Don't even know why they bother with those explanations when more than once Clark and Supes were seen at the same place at the same time, so Clark is just "That guy who really looks like Superman" if they comment on his similarities with Supes.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    My favorite personally is when he Lois was suspecting that Clark was Superman and the Kents cover up was that Clark and Superman were brothers lol. Man, i still enjoy Byrne's Superman, but is clearly more silly that he intended it to be.
    Man, I wasn't aware of that, that's pretty dumb, how did they explain that Clark has no powers? Lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-11-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Man, I wasn't aware of that, that's pretty dumb, how did they explain that Clark has no powers? Lol.
    It wasn't that level of dumb, they said that Clark was the biological child while Superman just came from space and they decide to raise then together.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona