Page 117 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2004
    Spectacular Member Voices From the Eyrie's Avatar

Remember when Emily Osborn came back from the dead during the Red Goblin arc for no reason, no build up, and then nothing was done with her?

Hi, Emily!

Quote Originally Posted by Voices From the Eyrie View Post
    Remember when Emily Osborn came back from the dead during the Red Goblin arc for no reason, no build up, and then nothing was done with her?

Hi, Emily!
    Very obvious and yet none of us thought about it lol. Guest than that show how "impactfull" that was.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Hi, Emily!
    Oh that is a much better idea. I hope that turns out to be the case. (It helps that this Goblin Queen is also red.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, it happened in the second Sensational Spider-Man series (renamed from Marvel Knights Spider-Man) when the Spider-Man books tied into Civil War.
    Thanks, will check that out later.

Hi, Emily!
    Fucking damn it, and just a few weeks ago I talked about Emily, now I didn't even consider she could be Goblin Queen, I'm jealous you thought of this before I did .

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Very obvious and yet none of us thought about it lol. Guest than that show how "impactfull" that was.
    It's so impactful, that Spencer, who did a ridiculous amount of callbacks, didn't even indirectly mention her .

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Oh that is a much better idea. I hope that turns out to be the case. (It helps that this Goblin Queen is also red.)
    If it's Emily, they better explain why she has a change of heart, 'cause she specifically hated the Goblin nonsense last time... Then again, maybe the writers forgot about that detail.

BANNED

Red Goblin looks a bit too much like The Harpy for my liking. It feels derivative.

I mean there's nothing Goblin-like about the new design.

It's basically like The Harpy (i.e. the Betty Banner character prominently featured in Ewing's run) crossed with maybe Kirby's Furies from the New Gods (her visor-mantle looks like Big Barda's). So it's a big minus for me in terms of design aesthetics.

It's so impactful, that Spencer, who did a ridiculous amount of callbacks, didn't even indirectly mention her .
    And he actually referenced that story during issue 48 when Peter was remembering the people that Norman killed. On the other hand, is amazing that he didn't say something like "we'll you see the inspiaration of this whole plan started from that time that Harry's therapist became the Green Goblin" lol
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Red Goblin looks a bit too much like The Harpy for my liking. It feels derivative.

I mean there's nothing Goblin-like about the new design.

It's basically like The Harpy (i.e. the Betty Banner character prominently featured in Ewing's run) crossed with maybe Kirby's Furies from the New Gods (her visor-mantle looks like Big Barda's). So it's a big minus for me in terms of design aesthetics.
    She looks like one of the old versions of Zarda.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    no-one talking about the covers for 89 and 90 yet?

At least it shows Ben survives his encounter with Ock...

Whos that on the screen in the bottom right of 90? I don't recognise them
    Attachment 115440
    Attachment 115441
    Maybe obsidian star?

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I'm gonna vote for Liz. I don't love the idea, but I expect they could spin something out of Harry's death having pushed her over the edge.
    Agreed

Overall this looks bad lol, I just... BRUH.A step down from other months, this is def. on the level of the Morbius/Kraven month LMAO.

Also I swear if they fridge Cat to hype this Queen up for Ben.......

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And he actually referenced that story during issue 48 when Peter was remembering the people that Norman killed.
    And Spidey remembered Flash's death more than once, so yeah, no mention of Emily is weird.

Makes some sense though, Liz and Harry only showed up in flashbacks, it's only after Last Remains that Liz shows up, but it's still weird that after Last Remains she's not mentioned, not by Liz, or Norman, or Harry, or Kindred, or Normie lol.

Hell, another thing I noticed is that, Stanley didn't show up either, he's living with Liz, and despite Liz showing up later on the run, and even a scene with Normie and Norman happens, Stanley doesn't show up, just weird him and Emily aren't showing up...

On the other hand, is amazing that he didn't say something like "we'll you see the inspiaration of this whole plan started from that time that Harry's therapist became the Green Goblin" lol
    Yeah, maybe Spencer forgot that one, which, hey, for all its faults, Spencer's run did a lot of callbacks, but he can't remember everything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also I swear if they fridge Cat to hype this Queen up for Ben.......
    Killing Felicia for this would be weird, they don't know each other that much.

Then again, Slott killed Kafka, even though she hadn't shown up for years by that point, and Otto didn't really care about her death, ghost Peter did... So it's a possibility that stupid **** will repeat itself, only with a way more popular character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Hi, Emily!
    Funny enough, Greg Weisman did intend for Emily Osborn to have more of a role in Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3 following Norman's seeming death as the Green Goblin at the end of Season 2, at least from what I recall reading here. Alas, no Season 3 . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

An Incarnation Of Death. The Black Death's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And Spidey remembered Flash's death more than once, so yeah, no mention of Emily is weird.

Makes some sense though, Liz and Harry only showed up in flashbacks, it's only after Last Remains that Liz shows up, but it's still weird that after Last Remains she's not mentioned, not by Liz, or Norman, or Harry, or Kindred, or Normie lol.

Hell, another thing I noticed is that, Stanley didn't show up either, he's living with Liz, and despite Liz showing up later on the run, and even a scene with Normie and Norman happens, Stanley doesn't show up, just weird him and Emily aren't showing up...

Yeah, maybe Spencer forgot that one, which, hey, for all its faults, Spencer's run did a lot of callbacks, but he can't remember everything lol.

Killing Felicia for this would be weird, they don't know each other that much.

Then again, Slott killed Kafka, even though she hadn't shown up for years by that point, and Otto didn't really care about her death, ghost Peter did... So it's a possibility that stupid **** will repeat itself, only with a way more popular character.
    Obviously they won't kill Felicia, even though I don't like the character very much at the moment, Felicia's death would be unnecessary. At most the Queen Goblin would leave Felicia badly injured or disabled, at least that way Peter would return her support and help her recover, maybe even further improving their relationship and making his fans' wet fantasy come true.

Extraordinary Member

Cat's a much bigger character and Mckay cares about her so I'm hoping he can protect her.Also no one's talking about any of the covers/story prediction but just saying "mommy" in the quote tweets/comments LMAO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Death View Post
    Obviously they won't kill Felicia, even though I don't like the character very much at the moment, Felicia's death would be unnecessary. At most the Queen Goblin would leave Felicia badly injured or disabled, at least that way Peter would return her support and help her recover, maybe even further improving their relationship and making his fans' wet fantasy come true.
    Damn bro what did Felicia do to you?

Also if you don't like her now which iteration did you like?
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-11-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Cat's a much bigger character and Mckay cares about her so I'm hoping he can protect her.Also no one's talking about any of the covers/story prediction but just saying "mommy" in the quote tweets/comments LMAO.
    Heh, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    If it's Emily, they better explain why she has a change of heart, 'cause she specifically hated the Goblin nonsense last time... Then again, maybe the writers forgot about that detail.
    Could be the same reason we haven't seen or heard from Norman's sins after Sin-Eater cleansed him: maybe they ended up with her.