Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe Beyond is embarassing enough for Ben that he kills himself so he never had to go through something like that again .
    He finally has peace until a writer decides to bring him back again, because at this point Ben (and Kaine's) real super power is dying and coming back to life.
    ...say, Ben Reilly: The Immortal Spider-Man (or Scarlet Spider) kinda has a nice ring to it, ngl...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Just occurred to me that we still haven´t seen the March solicits for Beyond. Interesting. Something tells me they suddenly grew a conscious after the Queen Goblin fiasco (They only needed a major reveal to get spoiled by their own stupidity in order to learn to actually try and hide ****, who woulda thunk it?) and don't want to reveal how Beyond is going to end. Which must mean whatever happens at the end has huge ramifications for either Peter, Ben, or both.
    I need them ASAP

Extraordinary Member

Just occurred to me that we still haven´t seen the March solicits for Beyond. Interesting. Something tells me they suddenly grew a conscious after the Queen Goblin fiasco (They only needed a major reveal to get spoiled by their own stupidity in order to learn to actually try and hide ****, who woulda thunk it?) and don't want to reveal how Beyond is going to end. Which must mean whatever happens at the end has huge ramifications for either Peter, Ben, or both.
    We usually get them after 20th, last 2 months were early ones IIRC.Yeah that might have put a damper on things, they messed up bad.

Maybe Beyond is embarassing enough for Ben that he kills himself so he never had to go through something like that again .
    Oof

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    We usually get them after 20th, last 2 months were early ones IIRC.Yeah that might have put a damper on things, they messed up bad.

Oof
    Well they already did the Beyond 4 TPB in Amazon solicitation. We usually get some advance solicits at this time

He finally has peace until a writer decides to bring him back again, because at this point Ben (and Kaine's) real super power is dying and coming back to life.
    ...say, Ben Reilly: The Immortal Spider-Man (or Scarlet Spider) kinda has a nice ring to it, ngl...
    Huh, yeah it does lol.

spoilers:
    And then we'll learn that in-universe he goes by "Devil Spider"
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

This could work if Hickman is writing it. He could crib a bit from his own Moira plot and have Peter or Ben die whenever they're involved in an embarrassing story and regenerate as slightly new versions of themselves. Ben himself is the result of a failed regeneration after Aunt May almost married Doc Ock! Ben got tired of retcons piled on retcons in the latter part of the Clone Saga and disintegrated. One More Day, oof, new Peter for Brand New Day. Peter didn't die because of Otto in Dying Wish, it was the Alpha story being stupid. Beyond knocked Pete back because of how unsatisfying Sinister War was. Now we're on the final versions of Peter and Ben and they won't regenerate after another bad story, but who's coming for both of them? Spidercide, himself a failed regeneration caused by LifeTheft/Pursuit!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Huh, yeah it does lol.

spoilers:
    And then we'll learn that in-universe he goes by "Devil Spider"
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Would this make Ben the ¨Web-Breaker¨?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I see your emoji at the end indicating either you're flatly joking or at best half-serious.

Still, I'll address it in a more serious way. Suicide is not responsible. Uncle Ben gives two thumbs down, does not approve or recommend.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    This could work if Hickman is writing it. He could crib a bit from his own Moira plot and have Peter or Ben die whenever they're involved in an embarrassing story and regenerate as slightly new versions of themselves. Ben himself is the result of a failed regeneration after Aunt May almost married Doc Ock! Ben got tired of retcons piled on retcons in the latter part of the Clone Saga and disintegrated. One More Day, oof, new Peter for Brand New Day. Peter didn't die because of Otto in Dying Wish, it was the Alpha story being stupid. Beyond knocked Pete back because of how unsatisfying Sinister War was. Now we're on the final versions of Peter and Ben and they won't regenerate after another bad story, but who's coming for both of them? Spidercide, himself a failed regeneration caused by LifeTheft/Pursuit!
    This all could be used to explain how Peter hasn't been aging, and in fact, ASM#14 vol 5 mentioned he's in his mid 20's instead of late 20's, so he got de-aged even.

Still, fact that what you wrote isn't in blue text makes me worried .

spoilers:
    Would this make Ben the ¨Web-Breaker¨? ;D
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    More like Web-Snapper
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I see your emoji at the end indicating either you're flatly joking or at best half-serious.

Still, I'll address it in a more serious way. Suicide is not responsible. Uncle Ben gives two thumbs down, does not approve or recommend.
    Or recommend? That makes it sound like uncle Ben is experienced in attempting it .

Mighty Member

This all could be used to explain how Peter hasn't been aging, and in fact, ASM#14 vol 5 mentioned he's in his mid 20's instead of late 20's, so he got de-aged even.

Still, fact that what you wrote isn't in blue text makes me worried .
    The idea was sufficiently brilliant in its stupidity that I wasn't sure if I was being sarcastic or not.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Just going to throw my speculation about where Beyond is headed here - it's all stuff we've seen in solicits already so I'm not going to spoilertag it, but if you really would rather wait and see, then maybe turning back now is the best move.

* The flashback in the first issue of Beyond is Peter's, not Ben's. They’ve already brought Monica into the fold and Peter was in the Mighty Avengers issues where they fought Beyond. Sure he didn’t do much of anything, but I think with Ewing having written these issues and riding off Immortal Hulk’s success, Marvel isn’t going to try to handwave that arc and actually build on it, especially since it’s recent enough continuity. This would explain why Peter suddenly says he’s “not sure” if he’s heard of Beyond before: they’re playing with both Peter and Ben’s memories. Why exactly, I don’t really know.

* Ben will manage to take down Otto, but the “big loss” he will incur is that he’ll learn Beyond was behind Peter’s hospitalization and the U-Foes. Otto was digging into them and seemed pretty pissed for reasons that seem to expand... beyond (oh dear) buying Parker Industries stuff.

OR it might be the deal with Queen Goblin. More on that later.

* I don’t keep up with Miles’ book, but I took a look at the issue that came out yesterday and he went after something called “Asset Analytics Inc.” or something that sounds like that. It sounds like a throwaway company shell name like “Infinite Solutions” in Otto’s issue. But I’m not sure if they’re going that far since the guy that made Rhizome already has a whole lot of past with Miles including his Clone Saga, so I dunno. It’d be neat to bring both books into the same orbit though. But I imagine if that were the case solitics would have told as much by now so maybe not.

* I didn’t have the time to check Gomez’s issues on Spencer’s run but the vial we saw in the last issue does look a whole lot like the accumulated sins from Sin Eater. It might be just what triggers Kafka’s transformation. If nothing else, Maxine was already talking about “alternatives” to Ben and since she said she was interested in a “vampire Spider-Man” after Ben got bit, “a shrink super hero” (right until she is not) is the kind of stuff you can say is dumb enough for this character to say and get away with it. Either way, I hope it's the sins since Spencer's run need acknowledgment. So far it really read like "oh okay THAT happened" and that rubs me off the wrong way.

* If it’s not just learning Beyond hospitalized Peter (provided that’s what it is, since it seems likely) then Ben might accidentally trigger Kafka’s transformation during the fight with Otto and that drags him through the ringer enough for those issues where he’s out of action and the focus goes back to Peter.

* “Door Z” stuff, whatever it is, is probably coming later once they reveal they’re mostly extradimensional freaky beigns messing around with people for laughs.

* Marcus might be being set up as Ben’s “Ganke” at this point, since in the MCU Spider-Man they turned Ned Leeds into basically that and you can have the sidekick that means well since he’s already covered for Ben and Maxine already sent him to Corporate Gulag for a little.

What do you guys think?
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

Good points. You didn’t mention Janine though. She’s been way underutilized (“hi Ben, I’m in our giant living room with the random piano again. Boy, I feel cooped up here and don’t quite trust Beyond! Anyway, see you next issue for almost the exact same conversation!”) I thought Thompson would do something interesting with her at least, but she saved all her female empowerment for the Daughters of the Dragon, I guess. Anyway… I previously thought they wouldn’t kill Janine (due to fridging love interests generally being unpopular nowadays), but maybe the “big loss” Ben suffers is that Doc Ock’s rampage through Beyond HQ inadvertently kills Janine when she’s crushed by some rubble. This could serve as an homage to how George Stacy died, and if Doc Ock only indirectly kills her through negligence or indifference, it gets him off the hook a little since it isn’t some premeditated murder. Maybe he even feels remorse after and leaves. But that would certainly send Ben into a spiral and take care of a character no one seems to know what to do with. I think the solicits make Ben’s emotional turmoil seem a little graver than just realizing Beyond is bad.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 12-16-2021 at 04:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Just going to throw my speculation about where Beyond is headed here - it's all stuff we've seen in solicits already so I'm not going to spoilertag it, but if you really would rather wait and see, then maybe turning back now is the best move.

* The flashback in the first issue of Beyond is Peter's, not Ben's. They’ve already brought Monica into the fold and Peter was in the Mighty Avengers issues where they fought Beyond. Sure he didn’t do much of anything, but I think with Ewing having written these issues and riding off Immortal Hulk’s success, Marvel isn’t going to try to handwave that arc and actually build on it, especially since it’s recent enough continuity. This would explain why Peter suddenly says he’s “not sure” if he’s heard of Beyond before: they’re playing with both Peter and Ben’s memories. Why exactly, I don’t really know.

* Ben will manage to take down Otto, but the “big loss” he will incur is that he’ll learn Beyond was behind Peter’s hospitalization and the U-Foes. Otto was digging into them and seemed pretty pissed for reasons that seem to expand... beyond (oh dear) buying Parker Industries stuff.

OR it might be the deal with Queen Goblin. More on that later.

* I don’t keep up with Miles’ book, but I took a look at the issue that came out yesterday and he went after something called “Asset Analytics Inc.” or something that sounds like that. It sounds like a throwaway company shell name like “Infinite Solutions” in Otto’s issue. But I’m not sure if they’re going that far since the guy that made Rhizome already has a whole lot of past with Miles including his Clone Saga, so I dunno. It’d be neat to bring both books into the same orbit though. But I imagine if that were the case solitics would have told as much by now so maybe not.

* I didn’t have the time to check Gomez’s issues on Spencer’s run but the vial we saw in the last issue does look a whole lot like the accumulated sins from Sin Eater. It might be just what triggers Kafka’s transformation. If nothing else, Maxine was already talking about “alternatives” to Ben and since she said she was interested in a “vampire Spider-Man” after Ben got bit, “a shrink super hero” (right until she is not) is the kind of stuff you can say is dumb enough for this character to say and get away with it. Either way, I hope it's the sins since Spencer's run need acknowledgment. So far it really read like "oh okay THAT happened" and that rubs me off the wrong way.

* If it’s not just learning Beyond hospitalized Peter (provided that’s what it is, since it seems likely) then Ben might accidentally trigger Kafka’s transformation during the fight with Otto and that drags him through the ringer enough for those issues where he’s out of action and the focus goes back to Peter.

* “Door Z” stuff, whatever it is, is probably coming later once they reveal they’re mostly extradimensional freaky beigns messing around with people for laughs.

* Marcus might be being set up as Ben’s “Ganke” at this point, since in the MCU Spider-Man they turned Ned Leeds into basically that and you can have the sidekick that means well since he’s already covered for Ben and Maxine already sent him to Corporate Gulag for a little.

What do you guys think?
    I predict at leat 50% of this being accurate. What do you make of the hollow creepy faces?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I predict at leat 50% of this being accurate. What do you make of the hollow creepy faces?
    Creepy hollow faces are what people possesed by the beyond identity look like

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Not sure if this is Gomez, but, this is the only issue the wiki lists him where the sins show up:

(Sinister War#4)

Compare to these:

(ASM#81 vol 5)

And just to have another look for the sins:

If what's in the cylinder are supposed to be sins, then Marvel is not being obvious about it, since the sins consistently have monstrous mouths, but inside that cylinder, it looks like a bunch of tentacles, it could still be the sins, and they even share the color, if it's not supposed to be the sins, I'm pretty sure the colors are there to make us think so lol.

If that's the case, at least he's not such a blatant Ganke rip-off, although so far he doesn't have much of a personality besides being a somewhat reasonable guy to Ben, who still tries to follow orders from the higher ups.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Good points. You didn’t mention Janine though. She’s been way underutilized (“hi Ben, I’m in our giant living room with the random piano again. Boy, I feel cooped up here and don’t quite trust Beyond! Anyway, see you next issue for almost the exact same conversation!”)
    Yeah, while I like the way Janine left prison, her role is just, being on the apartment having repetitive conversations with Ben, which wouldn't look as bad if it didn't happen so damn much lol.

I thought Thompson would do something interesting with her at least, but she saved all her female empowerment for the Daughters of the Dragon, I guess.
    Thompson at least wrote her in a way she felt more like a character, which's kinda funny 'cause the Daughters of the Dragon just made me think their only personality is snark.

Anyway… I previously thought they wouldn’t kill Janine (due to fridging love interests generally being unpopular nowadays), but maybe the “big loss” Ben suffers is that Doc Ock’s rampage through Beyond HQ inadvertently kills Janine when she’s crushed by some rubble. This could serve as an homage to how George Stacy died, and if Doc Ock only indirectly kills her through negligence or indifference, it gets him off the hook a little since it isn’t some premeditated murder. Maybe he even feels remorse after and leaves. But that would certainly send Ben into a spiral and take care of a character no one seems to know what to do with. I think the solicits make Ben’s emotional turmoil seem a little graver than just realizing Beyond is bad.
    Yeah careful when reading solicits lol.

Reminder that Adjectiveless Spider-Man volume 3 was talking like it'd be about Peter and MJ, and what we got was the worst Spidey's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Creepy hollow faces are what people possesed by the beyond identity look like
    So uncle Ben was part of Beyond?

Then again, maybe not part of it, he created it, his name is even in it :P.