Page 131 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2004

Jeanie is a huge hostage. MJ could be one too. maybe it's a fight to see who's red heads lives
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Funnily enough the only thing I want less than one of them being in the wrong is a misunderstanding.After all this you're telling me that's the cliche we're gonna end this on.

A good way to stay away from both could be the Hawkeye/Widow thing, or Beyond holding hostages to get them to fight
    Oh, thanks, those would actually be better ideas. The Beyond Corporation holding Janine (or even Marcus, who has been somewhat sympathetic to Ben) hostage to make Ben fight Peter, or Beyond Corp deducing the original Spider-Man's identity and going after Aunt May (and/or Mary Jane) to force Peter's hand while tricking Ben into believing Peter is just trying to reclaim his Spider-Man trademark by force could be promising. Ben and Peter fighting each other in the style of Hawkeye and Black Widow on Vormir in Avengers: Endgame (because neither actually wants the other to go off to certain death or a fate even worse than that) would be even better and it would show that their relationship has sufficiently healed from the rifts caused by The Clone Conspiracy and Beyond's attempt to usurp and coopt Spider-Man's legacy that they would literally die for each other.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

So is this Beyond story ending sooner than expected? Originally was going to go to issue 99, correct? With 100 being the transition issue, before a relaunch with a new #1 in June?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    So is this Beyond story ending sooner than expected? Originally was going to go to issue 99, correct? With 100 being the transition issue, before a relaunch with a new #1 in June?
    Maybe. They said it was going to be more like 19 or 20 issues altogether, not counting one-shots and ".BEY" issues.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

New Variant for Mary Jane / Black Cat Beyond

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, thanks, those would actually be better ideas. The Beyond Corporation holding Janine (or even Marcus, who has been somewhat sympathetic to Ben) hostage to make Ben fight Peter, or Beyond Corp deducing the original Spider-Man's identity and going after Aunt May (and/or Mary Jane) to force Peter's hand while tricking Ben into believing Peter is just trying to reclaim his Spider-Man trademark by force could be promising. Ben and Peter fighting each other in the style of Hawkeye and Black Widow on Vormir in Avengers: Endgame (because neither actually wants the other to go off to certain death or a fate even worse than that) would be even better and it would show that their relationship has sufficiently healed from the rifts caused by The Clone Conspiracy and Beyond's attempt to usurp and coopt Spider-Man's legacy that they would literally die for each other.
    All this

I can see Marcus being the one who helps Janine escape or lets Ben know the truth about Beyond as well

Mighty Member

Maybe. They said it was going to be more like 19 or 20 issues altogether, not counting one-shots and ".BEY" issues.
    Last I'd heard, they told us it was going to be 19 parts. Which would have it ending at 93, which it is. So right on target.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    It was told to be 19 issues so it's right on point at 93

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It was told to be 19 issues so it's right on point at 93
    OK thanks.

So it's not lasting until August, Amazing Fantasy #15 anniversary?

Mighty Member

It seems a bit unfortunate that the reason for the bullpen of writers appears to be entirely the schedule. Don't get me wrong; 3-4 decent issues of Spidey each month is not the worst thing in the world, but it seems like there wasn't a particular reason* this story needed to be this rushed, thus requiring multiple writers. Beyond isn't bad so far, but it's a titch uneven and the new solicits really do make the story seem a bit scattered start to finish. I do think (although I'm wrong all the time) that Spider-Man Beyond will be used as a springboard for at least one spin-off book afterwards (any or all of Monica Rambeau, Ben, or the Daughters of the Dragon continuing the fight against Beyond), so maybe the scattered nature I'm perceiving is really just setting up multiple books for the summer?

*Simple example to the contrary that I just made up - Jason Aaron is the new Spidey writer and is taking over the book to coincide with a summer Avengers/Mephisto event. Could also just be wanting 900 to hit the stands in the summer.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

rip jeans Mj signature Peter the answer isnt that hard just take them both
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

Gal pals .

Astonishing Member

If the new creative team takes over before months 900 it means that something big could happen in said issue. I mean, they could have the new direction as a milestone but that's not the case, so is clearly another thing

Astonishing Member

Mark Bagley cover for the Beyond final issue

https://twitter.com/TylerHewlett2/st...027141/photo/1