Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Ben should absolutely have his own set of romantic love interests that are different from Peters. I agree.

Not sure if it will sell well or not. Not sure if he is even "replacing" Peter. We'll see.
    Oh yeah.
    I would buy a ben solo.
    But if it sidelines Peter then i won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh yeah.
    I would buy a ben solo.
    But if it sidelines Peter then i won't.
    Ben does “work” as a character on his own. The clone saga portions that were focused on him and his “backstory” were some or the more interesting parts of that story. Like I said, Ben works on his own but trying to implement him as a “replacement” will always rub fans the wrong way.

Anyway, all of this might be jumping the gun just a bit until we get some concrete information. Granted Marvel hasn’t really done much to earn our trust in regards to the character of Spider-Man but still....got no choice but to wait and see.

Incredible Member

Having Ben back in the webs is a sure way for Marvel to get my money. Him back as Dpider-Man? A double plus for me. He was the Spider-Man in costume for me when I started collecting Spider-Man as a kid in the 90’s, but about a year after they killed him off, I dipped Spider-Man cold-Turkey, especially when it finally hit that they had no intention of bringing him back. Not one peep or mention of him, or his old cast. I pretty much let my subscription end when it ended, which was right after Identity Crisis. I didn’t pick up Spider-Man again until Brand New Day, in the hopes that they would bring Ben back then, since they were retconning a lot of other things.

Honestly, to this day, I think Marvel dropped the ball. Should have brought Ben back and made him Ricochet. It could have easily worked. But anyways, I’m glad Ben is gonna be back in the webs, if only temporary. If they milk it for a year or two, I would be happy. I’m sure they would have Peter back in the webs by the time Amazing SPM hit issue 1000.

After all is said and done, maybe having Ben as THE Spider-Man (honey he will always be THE Spider-Man to me) this will help garner more interest in the character, and who knows, maybe they will relaunch Sensational Spider-Man and let Ben have his own book again when Peter returns to the webs in Amazing.

Part of me is hoping that Ben’s Spider suit will have the extra robotic arms like the Iron Spider or Spider-Ock costume did.

Amazing Member

What if Kindreds turn out to be the second part of Peter Parker's soul (he was just masquerading as Harry Osborn) and after TASM #74 he will become a human again. Therefore we will have a second Peter, fresh, single and ready to atone his Kindred's crimes as a superhero. The original Peter will die (maybe sacrifice to let Kindred, a kind of his brother, to be freed from his hellish curse), but whole OMD will be undone. Just before his death he will see his life as a married man. MJ will become a widow, he will be buried, but only closed ones will know about that, because for the world Peter Parker will be still living (cause Kindred is him from a certain point of view). So Marvel will kill two birds with one stone - undoing OMD and having Spider-Man a single guy. I know this might be shocking scenario, but who knows?

Amazing Member

And it is confirmed - Ben Reilly is back

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=122266281

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    What if Kindreds turn out to be the second part of Peter Parker's soul (he was just masquerading as Harry Osborn) and after TASM #74 he will become a human again. Therefore we will have a second Peter, fresh, single and ready to atone his Kindred's crimes as a superhero. The original Peter will die (maybe sacrifice to let Kindred, a kind of his brother, to be freed from his hellish curse), but whole OMD will be undone. Just before his death he will see his life as a married man. MJ will become a widow, he will be buried, but only closed ones will know about that, because for the world Peter Parker will be still living (cause Kindred is him from a certain point of view). So Marvel will kill two birds with one stone - undoing OMD and having Spider-Man a single guy. I know this might be shocking scenario, but who knows?
    Yuck this sounds horrible.

Thank goodness it's not "new Peter" lol.

Seeing if Ben Reilly can be a "better" Spider-Man sounds like a complete retread on Superior Spider-Man lol. Peter must learn some devastating news about being a failure as a hero or something for them to say this.

Interesting this issue issue 75 and not renumbering. Makes me think this is part of Spencer's plan for the book they are continuing on with. Gonna go to the big 100 / legacy 900. My bet is Peter will return then.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 06-24-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Amazing Member

But what about Peter? I can't find anything in this press release to confirm if he is living or he died. What do you think?

Astonishing Member

To honest, it sounds like Superior, but this time with Ben instead of Otto.
    But creative team is excellent, so, I'm in.
    But what about Peter? I can't find anything in this press release to confirm if he is living or he died. What do you think?
    I assume they don't want to spoil the end of Spencer run.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To honest, it sounds like Superior, but this time with Ben instead of Otto.
    But creative team is excellent, so, I'm in.

I assume they don't want to spoil the end of Spencer run.
    I'm in because I know Peter will be back and I do miss Ben Reilly.

alexa what are new ideas and also good ideas
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

sounds interesting though im not sure if peter is gone and ben is filling in or ben is actively trying to take over will peter is still active as spider man and this beyond corporation is trying to help by getting rid of peter

Incredible Member

Time to re-add Amazing back to my pull list.

Kinda ironic that Ben died as Spider-Man in Peter Parker:Spider-Man #75, and returns to the webs in Amazing #75.

Fantastic Member

I wonder, since Ben is back as Spidey, if Kaine will show up?

I'm happy for Ben fans, but this...just doesn't sound all that appealing?

Like, suddenly out-of-nowhere Ben gets to be Spider-Man again and now we're positing that, once again, he might be a better Spider-Man than Peter because Peter failed at something? Isn't this part of why Ben failed in the first place? And just a rehash of the premise of Superior? Even his new costume looks like they fused his Spider-Man look and SpOck together.

Why do they feel this was the time to do this again?

And why does it need so many writers? For a thrice-monthly? Is this just to hit the milestone and then Peter is back? I juts don't really get it.