Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

So this is basically "Superior Spider-Man" but with Ben Reilly instead of Otto Octavius? Come on!!! What kind of joke is this?!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    And it is confirmed - Ben Reilly is back

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=122266281
    That sounds like some the stupidest crap I have heard in a while.

I like Zeb Wells but cannot stand the other writers. Thompson and Ahmed are yuck. The other two are unknown quantities and I知 not up for more committee stuff.

I知 out.

With 3 times a month I doubt this status quo will last that long. Peter gonna be back before you know it.

Superior 2.0
    Not my cup of tea
    I'm only here for Zeb Wells

This has a chance to be an epic fail. Not sure how I feel about that preview. Again, like I said in an earlier post, Ben Reilly does work. However the “attempts” to replace Peter have never worked.

Hmmm I wonder if Mephisto puts Peter out of commission for a bit with Peter finally remembering everything and attempting to take mephisto on...Or if Peter/MJ going against the “deal” forces them to step away for a bit...

I’m interested but again, Like I said, this had a chance of being a fail if it plays out as some attempt to replace Peter which I highly doubt would happen.

Amazing Member

With 3 times a month, I wonder when we will "hit" TASM #900 and TASM #1000. Peter could return in one of these, I think

Incredible Member

I知 excited. Not gonna lie. I haven稚 been this excited for a Spidey announcement since the Clone Conspiracy. If they want to run it all the way to issue 1000 before bringing Peter back, I知 so game. Three issues a month? I知 in. I知 all in with this Ben Reilly return. I致e waited 20 years for this, lol

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This has a chance to be an epic fail. Not sure how I feel about that preview. Again, like I said in an earlier post, Ben Reilly does work. However the “attempts” to replace Peter have never worked.

Hmmm I wonder if Mephisto puts Peter out of commission for a bit with Peter finally remembering everything and attempting to take mephisto on...Or if Peter/MJ going against the “deal” forces them to step away for a bit...

I’m interested but again, Like I said, this had a chance of being a fail if it plays out as some attempt to replace Peter which I highly doubt would happen.
    I'm leaning to staying on with this new status quo depending on how Spencer finishes and the variables involved up to that point. If it leaves the door open for OMD reversal or having Peter marry again after this is over with I'm in for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I disagree. Ben Reilly worked in the mid 90s. His relationships were interesting. He was given reins over the main book and it sold well. Ben Reilly works as a character and his relationships as a single hero work better than Peter ever would be able to again outside of MJ.
    My big fear is that Editorial will either kill off Peter or make him a powerless (due to a severe beating) invalid so Ben can become the one "true" Spider-Man. This would be awful, IMO, and a move I couldn't support despite my love of Ben.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

So... Spidey's fight with Kindred isn't going to end well. Wonder what part Ben could play in it, I mean there was a whole arc about his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My big fear is that Editorial with either kill off Peter or make him a powerless (due to a severe beating) invalid so Ben can become the one "true" Spider-Man. This would be awful, IMO.
    I think they learned their lesson on trying to make Ben the "true" Spider-Man. If anything the most is he is the single Spider-Man and Peter can be the married Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I think they learned their lesson on trying to make Ben the "true" Spider-Man. If anything the most is he is the single Spider-Man and Peter can be the married Spider-Man.
    It doesn't seem like it from the synopsis mentioning how Ben might be better. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by t-spider View Post
    If Ben is taking over for a while, be nice if we could see his old supporting cast, The Grind, Burglars Daughter... Jessica, if I remember... of course, they saw him 'die', so there's that...
    Yeah, that would be nice. I hope they don't start over and ignore his past interactions (which is my fear).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

The solicits mentioned some kind of victory price.
    I'm not sure, but maybe Peter will defeat Kindred and undo the deal with Mephisto, but May will die. And maybe that's what will lead to Ben taking the mantle, while Peter will leave the role for some time.