Page 18 of 134 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Isn't Cantwell using Ben? He better wrap that one up.
    why should other writers care about what cantwell does, he doesn't care what they do and editors don't exist, just do a free for all
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The real question is why would you replace pete.
    The entire point of this run was to clean shit up for pete.
    The hell are these guys on
    In my humble opinion Peter is not being replaced. Why? I said it before and I said it again, Peter was replaced quite recently: It was called Superior. We also saw the movie and Life Story with Peter being replaced by Miles. While I concede it was an AU, the point is both happened quite recently. The approach I wanted was a 6 month time jump between ASM 874 and the next issue be it 875 or a relaunched ASM 1 to get Peter where he needs to be ( especially if Aunt May dies). That said, a short term 3-5 issue arc featuring Ben as Spider-Man in exchange for the end of OMD and loser Peter is something most of us should be happy with. If that happens then I certainly would be.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-24-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Reactions are split between
    30-The hell is this
    45-Superior 2.O
    15-Ayyyy Ben
    10-Seems cool , need more info

I mean does Marvel never learn, just let Peter be Peter for the love of

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's be honest, though, Miles already has a book and is, quite frankly, not really posited in a way to replace 616 Peter the way someone more directly tied to Peter like Ben is. You can't really do a succession story with Miles like Bendis did.
    Yeah you can. Have Miles take over as the main Spider-Man while Peter is injured or missing.

There's nothing to suggest that Ben Reilly is in any way uniquely qualified. This is a guy who supposedly is Peter's clone and yet after surviving the smokestack, he d--ked around for years and did nothing while Peter was the one stopped the Juggernaut, Firelord and fought the Secret Wars.

I don't see how he's in any way better positioned to illustrate Peter's message than people who responded and transformed their lives right away like Miles did.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The most suprising thing here is that they're doing this just three months before No Way Home release.
    Marvel hasn't cared nearly as much about MCU synergy in the past few years. People always return to that "everything will be back to a movie-friendly status quo" line and it doesn't actually see follow through lately.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    In my humble opinion Peter is not being replaced. Why? I said it before and I said it again, Peter was replaced quite recently: It was called Superior. We also saw the movie and Life Story with Peter being replaced by Miles. While I concede it was an AU, the point is both happened quite recently. The approach I wanted was a 6 month time jump between ASM 874 and the next issue be it 875 or a relaunched ASM 1. That said, a short term 3-5 issue arc featuring Ben as Spider-Man in exchange for the end of OMD and loser Peter is something most of us should be happy with. If that happens then I certainly would be.
    Except all that will be Spencer.This new run doesn't contribute anything.
    And do we really want to see them get engaged and then be put aside.
    Like the entire point of them being together is seeing them together.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah you can. Have Miles take over as the main Spider-Man while Peter is injured or missing.

There's nothing to suggest that Ben Reilly is in any way uniquely qualified. This is a guy who supposedly is Peter's clone and yet after surviving the smokestack, he d--ked around for years and did nothing while Peter was the one stopped the Juggernaut, Firelord and fought the Secret Wars.

I don't see how he's in any way better positioned to illustrate Peter's message than people who responded and transformed their lives right away like Miles did.
    Or just don't replace him.
    Both ben and miles are cool but this is Peter's book

For me I think the problem with that is it just feels like a bit of a retread for Miles between his original books, ITSV, and his video game.

Extraordinary Member

Also this isn't a replace thing.It's worse
    They will make peter increasingly incompetent to make Ben look good.
    They will likely have him get injuired or die or something.
    Uhhhhhhhhh.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For me I think the problem with that is it just feels like a bit of a retread for Miles between his original books, ITSV, and his video game.
    If you are gonna retread, at least retread something that's popular and workable than rehashing the Clone Saga or Superior.

Extraordinary Member

If you are gonna retread, at least retread something that's popular and workable than rehashing the Clone Saga or Superior.
    or just write new stories

Astonishing Member

They will make peter increasingly incompetent to make Ben look good.
    With all of this Kindred/OMD angst, they don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    All the ones pinned under Slott were largely unaccepted by the fan base like Carlie Cooper and Black Canary.
    I know Dinah and Bobbi look very similar, but Canary is DC, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    My big fear is that Editorial will either kill off Peter or make him a powerless (due to a severe beating) invalid so Ben can become the one "true" Spider-Man. This would be awful, IMO, and a move I couldn't support despite my love of Ben.
    One true Spidey? What is Miles, chopped liver? There'll probably never only be one Spider-Man again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Can someone remind me what exactly is the Beyond Corporation? I know it has something to do with individuals capable of change reality, but I'm not sure about their goals or nature.
    It's from Nextwave. So expect sci-fi shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Isn't Cantwell using Ben? He better wrap that one up.
    Yeah, in an Iron Man story set in space. That Korvac story is really dragging on anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    or just write new stories
    are you sure that's still allowed, idk
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    are you sure that's still allowed, idk
    Marvel probably doesn't pay enough.