Page 26 of 134 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, at least Peter being too depressed to be Spider-Man can't last. It's just an extended Spider-Man No More with a replacement character.
    I just wonder what kind of "failure" is Peter facing. The best I can guess?, maybe Aunt May's death. I mean, OMD is undone, that would restore the Spider-Marriage, but it would also surely involve Aunt May's death.

"Spider-Man No More" had a similar plot because Peter was too depressed after finding out he was clone and Ben was the original. (That was fixed later). Anyway, no doubt Peter will return as the Amazing Spider-Man by #900.

Extraordinary Member

My previous flippant comment aside...if that is what this is then good on Marvel for drawing attention to dealing with mental health issues openly....there is still a stigma about that for a lot of people.

However I would prefer they not try to make an Event out of it. Just have someone fill in for him...but do have him (and MJ along with him) on a vacation and with Pete talking with a therapist actually be a plot line through the story.

One of my friends gives his thoughts about the new direction and what it could mean -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Peter *should* be depressed and feel like a failure when he probably finally remembers the deal with the devil at the end of Spencer's run lol.

Astonishing Member

They start at #75 in October, three issues at month. By that count, I suppose #900 will be on Sale at June 2022 and it will bring Peter back.

Besides, the whole thing about Ben being backed by a mysterious corporation is clearly a sign that this won't last. I mean, come on! Spider-Man backed by a company? Unless it's Parker Industries, this is clearly suspictious.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They start at #75 in October, three issues at month. By that count, I suppose #900 will be on Sale at June 2022 and it will bring Peter back.

Besides, the whole thing about Ben being backed by a mysterious corporation is clearly a sign that this won't last. I mean, come on! Spider-Man backed by a company? Unless it's Parker Industries, this is clearly suspictious.
    Hmm, funny enough, Ben died for the first time in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75 . . . and what is the issue number in which he comes back as Spider-Man? Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) #75. Interesting homage there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, funny enough, Ben died for the first time in Peter Parker: Spider-Man #75 . . . and what is the issue number in which he comes back as Spider-Man? Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 5) #75. Interesting homage there.
    coincidence i think not
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Why are people assuming that Peter is going to be written out of his own title? I’m not saying that’s not a possibility but has there been any confirmation to that notion or is it all speculation at this point? I can’t imagine Marvel being dense enough to just have Peter out of his own book for a substantial period of time. It just feels like forever since the book actually centered around Peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Why are people assuming that Peter is going to be written out of his own title? I’m not saying that’s not a possibility but has there been any confirmation to that notion or is it all speculation at this point? I can’t imagine Marvel being dense enough to just have Peter out of his own book for a substantial period of time. It just feels like forever since the book actually centered around Peter.
    For a few issues, sure, Peter will be written out of his own title. Similar to how they move out Peter's personality out of "Superior Spider-Man" until the moment Peter rase again. But he will return in the end as the one true Spider-Man.

For a few issues, sure, Peter will be written out of his own title. Similar to how they move out Peter's personality out of "Superior Spider-Man" until the moment Peter rase again. But he will return in the end as the one true Spider-Man.
    The problem with that is that it seems as if Peter hasn’t even been the focus in his own title currently, so it’s hard for me to imagine marvel deciding to write him off for a bit knowing that fans are already a bit frustrated with the lack of Peter Parker at the moment .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    http://https://www.ign.com/articles/...-returns-clone

According to IGN article, Peter goes to serious depression at the end of Nick Spencer run, to the point he is willing to pass the Spider-Man title to Ben.

To me that still doesn't make sense as to why he'd pass the mantle to Ben unless he's just so depressed he doesn't care who Spide-man is so long as it isn't him. Aside from Spidergeddon where there was little to no interaction between the two their relationship has been practically non existent post Clone Conspiracy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    The problem with that is that it seems as if Peter hasn’t even been the focus in his own title currently, so it’s hard for me to imagine marvel deciding to write him off for a bit knowing that fans are already a bit frustrated with the lack of Peter Parker at the moment .
    Look, I don't know what is going to happen in the next issues, but according to IGN, it seems Peter will fall into a deep depresion for failing as Spider-Man. I don't know which error that might be, although I suppose it will be Aunt May's death if OMD is finally undone. Either way, in such situation, Peter can be put into a "secondary role" in "Amazing Spider-Man" while he looks for therapy or something. Come on! Whatever Kindred is going to unleash on Peter next, I think he deserves a little time out.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    coincidence i think not
    Probably, yeah.

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Look, I don't know what is going to happen in the next issues, but according to IGN, it seems Peter will fall into a deep depresion for failing as Spider-Man. I don't know which error that might be, although I suppose it will be Aunt May's death if OMD is finally undone. Either way, in such situation, Peter can be put into a "secondary role" in "Amazing Spider-Man" while he looks for therapy or something. Come on! Whatever Kindred is going to unleash on Peter next, I think he deserves a little time out.
    There's gotta be some payoff with the engagement ring in Spencer's run. I'm thinking it's some kind of combination of things with Kindred forcing Peter to admit the truth that he made a deal with the devil, and becoming engaged with MJ again and maybe that results in May dying, or he's just disappointed in himself that he did the deal. I'd really like to see Peter and MJ engaged and safe lol.