Page 29 of 134 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nah fam.
    Not only is he the original he is the best.
    It's literally canon.
    Spider-UK(can see in other dimensions and the one who assembled the Spider-army) said so himself.
    Madame Web both old and new said so herself.
    Ock said he was Superior.
    He's literally the center of the web of life and destiny.
    He's the original. But him being the best is subjective. Doc Ock and Miles saved the day in Spider-Geddon. Peter's just a Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy for Ben fans, but this...just doesn't sound all that appealing?

Like, suddenly out-of-nowhere Ben gets to be Spider-Man again and now we're positing that, once again, he might be a better Spider-Man than Peter because Peter failed at something? Isn't this part of why Ben failed in the first place? And just a rehash of the premise of Superior? Even his new costume looks like they fused his Spider-Man look and SpOck together.

Why do they feel this was the time to do this again?

And why does it need so many writers? For a thrice-monthly? Is this just to hit the milestone and then Peter is back? I juts don't really get it.
    3x a month. 900 will be up in no time.

I do wonder about the timing. Ben hasn't been featured for awhile, so it does seem out of nowhere. Still, Marvel loves rehashing old ideas.

I'll read it. Why not? Could go somewhere. Might not. But it is nice Marvel is going back to the 90s. Now they just need to revert cover prices to $1.50 again! Make it so...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But Miles has his own book and is fairly irrelevant to ASM. He has no real connection to Peter's supporting cast or villains, and he has his own life. There's just really no need for a transition point.

And wasn't there a whole series about Ben's adventures before he came back in the Clone Saga? And he was, historically, the first second Spider-Man.

They made it a point that Bruce wasn't in a good place when he nominated Jean Paul Valley and part of why he did it is that he didn't want to saddle Dick with the burden of being Batman, a burden that frankly Dick still doesn't really want because he can't be Batman like Bruce can.
    Bruce and Dick weren't on good terms. Bruce felt that Dick wanted, and should be, his own man. Bruce also didn't want Dick to take on Bane solo because, if Dick had come up against him, his character would compel him to at least try to take Bane out. Plus Bruce was too damn proud to pick up the phone and call him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    He's the original. But him being the best is subjective. Doc Ock and Miles saved the day in Spider-Geddon. Peter's just a Spider-Man.
    I like how you ignore every point I just made.

Also how does that change anything.Most heroes have their moment dude.
    There are so many heroes that save the day that doesn't mean they are the best.
    Also Peter had to stay back and take care of Morlun who was kicking Miles's ass easily while ignoring him so that he could ho ahead.
    And Morlun also refers to miles as lesser Spider.He has the ability to know which hosts have more life force so thats another point as to why Peter>>> miles.
    Again Miles can be your spiderman but Peter is the Spider-man.
    If you ask a random person who Spider-man is most would say Peter.

Again you don't like Peter and it shows but this is an ASM book thread so please try to at least keep your hate for him on the down low.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-24-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    3x a month. 900 will be up in no time.

I do wonder about the timing. Ben hasn't been featured for awhile, so it does seem out of nowhere. Still, Marvel loves rehashing old ideas.

I'll read it. Why not? Could go somewhere. Might not. But it is nice Marvel is going back to the 90s. Now they just need to revert cover prices to $1.50 again! Make it so...
    Yeah.
    Again by the time this comes out we will have a lot of solicits considering it's 3x a month.
    This comes out October.
    We will have 6-9 solicits and the FCBD so that will determine if this is something worth giving a chance or just ignoring it.

Astonishing Member

If anyone knows wallcrawlerfacts on IG he perfectly says why this is bad:
    Check the post but in short:-
    1)Already did the peter is the true superior spider-man in S.SM.(and S.SM. was already just kraven's last hunt but worse , fight me )
    2)Ben already tried taking over the mantle in 90s
    3)Spencer's run sets up a more classic style Spidey stories, this makes no sense story wise
    4)Why the hell are they doing BND style multiple writers.All writers are also mediocre
    5)We should have gotten to know more about beyond corp.Hopefully we do in the future
    They do it every 10 years or so with characters.
    Superior will be 10 years next year (more or less). Gotta remind those fans!
    Besides, Marvel replaced Steve with Sam only 5 years after Steve reclaimed it from Bucky.
    Tony has been replaced as Iron Man 4x in my lifetime (Rhodey, Rhodey, Riri and Arno).

Extraordinary Member

They do it every 10 years or so with characters.
    Superior will be 10 years next year (more or less). Gotta remind those fans!
    Besides, Marvel replaced Steve with Sam only 5 years after Steve reclaimed it from Bucky.
    Tony has been replaced as Iron Man 4x in my lifetime (Rhodey, Rhodey, Riri and Arno).
    But we already got that with Miles(ultimate).
    And Kraven
    And Mattie
    And Ock.
    And Ben already did this.

Also the premise doesn't sound good as well.
    And all other points are still valid.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-24-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah.
    Again by the time this comes out we will have a lot of solicits considering it's 3x a month.
    This comes out October.
    We will have 6-9 solicits and the FCBD so that will determine if this is something worth giving a chance or just ignoring it.
    It's Amazing. I've been buying for 31 plus years continuously. So I'll be there. I'll reserve judgement though. I do realize some need to vent and that's okay. I get it. But Peter will always be back.

Extraordinary Member

It's Amazing. I've been buying for 31 plus years continuously. So I'll be there. I'll reserve judgement though. I do realize some need to vent and that's okay. I get it. But Peter will always be back.
    Oh yeah.
    I do think if they are doing this so that they can secure an A class creative team for the solo run then this is worth it.The problem is last time it was Slott and that is concerning.
    My concern is that not only is this a rehash of a bad conecpt and that the way they will bring it back seems worse, but also the revolving door of writers as a concept and who these writers are.
    This story may be inconsistent in both character and tone of ideas and plot and I'm just not a fan of how they write Spidey in general.
    They should do better for their best selling series.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah.
    I do think if they are doing this so that they can secure an A class creative team for the solo run then this is worth it.The problem is last time it was Slott and that is concerning.
    My concern is that not only is this a rehash of a bad conecpt and that the way they will bring it back seems worse, but also the revolving door of writers as a concept and who these writers are.
    This story may be inconsistent in both character and tone of ideas and plot and I'm just not a fan of how they write Spidey in general.
    They should do better for their best selling series.
    I don't think this will last as long as the BND crew stint did. I think it will go to 900 at least. If a singular writer is taking over, I bet this is affording them the opportunity to get ahead in the schedule. If this was a groundbreaking era as they say, why not the big pompous #1? No. #900 Will come and then a relaunch will likely occur.

Unless Marvel are like "meh, we might as well just keep going until we hit that 100/900th issue".

I like how you ignore every point I just made.

Also how does that change anything.Most heroes have their moment dude.
    There are so many heroes that save the day that doesn't mean they are the best.
    Also Peter had to stay back and take care of Morlun who was kicking Miles's ass easily while ignoring him so that he could ho ahead.
    And Morlun also refers to miles as lesser Spider.He has the ability to know which hosts have more life force so thats another point as to why Peter>>> miles.
    Again Miles can be your spiderman but Peter is the Spider-man.
    If you ask a random person who Spider-man is most would say Peter.

Again you don't like Peter and it shows but this is an ASM book thread so please try to at least keep your hate for him on the down low.
    I like Peter, he's just not the best Spider-Man. He's like the fourth best one. Most people prefer Doc Ock.

Extraordinary Member

I like Peter, he's just not the best Spider-Man. He's like the fourth best one. Most people prefer Doc Ock.
    HAHAHAHAHA

dude are you trolling?!

Post people prefer Peter and it's not even close.

The entire point of superior was Ock realizing and admitting that Peter was the real Superior Spider-man.

HAHAHAHAHA

dude are you trolling?!

Post people prefer Peter and it's not even close.

The entire point of superior was Ock realizing and admitting that Peter was the real Superior Spider-man.
    Then Marvel brought back Doc Ock as Spider-Man. Because, eventually, he always comes back as Spider-Man. He's the Spider-Man. Peter has to worry about getting replaced every year because he's disposable.

Extraordinary Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-spider-men-secret-id/

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-spi.../ranker-comics

Links ranking Spider-men.
    Lists from sites and even some polls

I tried to find more but most polls are for Peter Parker in the movies or adaptations in shows like Spectacular.
    Miles and Ock aren't even on the list most of the times.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-25-2021 at 01:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Then Marvel brought back Doc Ock as Spider-Man. Because, eventually, he always comes back as Spider-Man. He's the Spider-Man. Peter has to worry about getting replaced every year because he's disposable.
    I'm convinced you are indeed trolling
    If not well then I hope you enjoy living in your delusions
    You have a good day sir