Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Ben was my Spider-man when I was a teenager, he was great in the 90s and something fresh at the time because Spider-man had become so serious due to the edgy 90s fad.

His costumes were just fantastic and the blonde hair was a nice touch, I liked his new supporting cast that included retired Pete and MJ and his job at the coffee shop so hope we see them return including the burglars daughter he dated.

I loved the marriage though and that for me would be the greatest thing to return even if Pete takes a break for a few months to a year, I just hope Ben is written well this time and not the evil dumpster fire that Slott wrote. I don't want asshole Ben, thats Kaine, I want the fresh optimistic Ben who dealt with Venom with ease and was more street level than the Avenger Peter has become.

I also hope we see Ben interact with Black Cat (they kissed), FF and others again, he met many of them in the Spider-man team up book at the time.

Overall, I'm very excited he's back and in Amazing and I hope this means the marriage is also back, Let Miles be the single student Spider-man, Ben be the single adult street Spider-man and Peter be the happily married iconic Avenger Spider-man.

I have the 6 books of the Ben Reilly epic so I might read them again to get ready.
    I pretty much couldn’t have described my feelings about it all, any better. This is exactly how I feel about it. Ben was Spider-Man to me when I first started collecting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I never said that Peter is not enough. And I don’t want Peter to get bad stories. Hell, I started buying back Peter stories right after Brand New Day, and I’ve enjoyed the past few years of reading abs collecting. This last relaunch? Not so much. I gave it ten issues before I dropped Spencer’s run.

And I don’t have to face anything. I know Ben is a B-lister. I’m not denying that. Peter will be fine. Ben taking over the webs, however briefly is STILL part of Peters story.
    Then you don't get Peter my guy.
    Slott's run has a terrible peter.

Spencer's has been one that has been an actual Peter even though his role got smaller.

I don't mind Ben taking the role, I mind how they are passing it over.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    “Most people” is subjective. I’ve been buying Spider-Man for close to 30 years, and for the past 10 years, Peter is like my 5th favorite, behind Ben, then Miles, then Miguel, then, SpOck, then Ultimate Peter, then finally 616 Peter.

I think Marvel has learned that “to a degree”, people love the concept of Spider-Man and his/her powers are more popular than someone behind the mask.

I love Peter, but I am BORED to death of Peter. This stunt with Ben? We know it won’t have any negative lasting effects on Peter, BUT, it can help elevate Ben to heights that he hasn’t seen in forever, and if it succeeds, BOOM. Marvel then knows that the market can handle probably a THIRD Spider-Man book. Peter (Amazing), Miles and possibly Ben. After all, isn’t Ben supposed to be in the next Spider-verse movie? This could be a way to get those familiar with the Spider-verse movie ready and prepped for his appearance.

Peter will be fine. After all the character has gone through, some downtime outside the suit, will do him good, however issue 74 ends. For us, Superior was what? A few years ago? In universe, for Pete that was what? A few months? Peter has earned a break.

I just see this as an overall WIN for everyone. Having Peter take a break can allow the writers/editors to take some time and map out Peters next set of stories for the future, while letting the character take a break, and also using this as a time to use the main Spider-Man book to market one of the Spider-Verse stars for the next movie.

I just don’t see any negatives here at all.

^^I'm probably in the "minority" but I'm firmly in this camp.

Haven't loved Peter for minute.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I find it funny that you say "most people" is subjective even though ASM sales are the highest at marvel rn and specially with the Spider-characters and then go on to say you are bored of him.
    That's the problem, you are bored of him and don't mind him getting bad stories so that the character you are interested in can get a spotlight because he is not good enough to sustain himself.

There are new readers who are looking forward to ASM and Peter stories.You are burned out.
    Also most readers haven't been reading for 30+ years so they won't probably get bored anytime soon.

The negatives are for Peter and his fans.
    You want Ben and since he can't stand on his own legs you want Peter's support.

If peter takes a break I want to follow peter and MJ on the break.
    Also it doesn't seem like a vacation break.Seems like he will be in extreme depression(IGN promo) and fatal damage(They said in the promo on marvel.com).
    Also you are saying that after everything Peter has done, he is not enough.This isn't a break, it's disrespect.
    Peter has done 100x times the things Ben ever will and is 10x the man he ever will be.

Face it, you want your low B list character to have the spotlight and he needs Spider-man to do it.
    LOL. Your name definitely rings true!
    Least you don't hide it. Very passionate.
    Keep doing you bro/sis.

Astonishing Member

I was thinking… why would they spoil Ben taking over as Spidey so far in advance… unless there’s another hidden twist. And then it hit me, I have a weird feeling we are being set up for a double-fake and Ben will die again at the end of ASM #75 (perhaps disposed of by Beyond after completing a mission), potentially setting up a rotating cast of replacement Spideys afterwards like Miles and Kaine. Hope I’m wrong, but I feel there’s something these previews aren’t telling us…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    LOL. Your name definitely rings true!
    Least you don't hide it. Very passionate.
    Keep doing you bro/sis.
    Oh yeah.
    I am on a spider-man fandom on a ASM thread.
    Why would I come her if I am not a fan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I was thinking… why would they spoil Ben taking over as Spidey so far in advance… unless there’s another hidden twist. And then it hit me, I have a weird feeling we are being set up for a double-fake and Ben will die again at the end of ASM #75 (perhaps disposed of by Beyond after completing a mission), potentially setting up a rotating cast of replacement Spideys afterwards like Miles and Kaine. Hope I’m wrong, but I feel there’s something these previews aren’t telling us…
    Because that's the premise.
    The twist will be in the beyond corp and that Ben in being manipulated.

Eh..... I grew up on Ben, he was "my" Spider-Man when I started collecting.... after Peter came back I did drop the book for a couple year period at one point, but I picked up again during JMS, then read all the ASM back issues and Peter quickly became my favorite.

So today I can safely say Peter is my #1 and MY Spider-Man despite getting started with Ben. Honestly I don't care about Ben much at all these days. Wouldn't blink if he was killed off again.

BANNED

Let's just be real here
    We know this starts with Peter depressed and Ben working with some mysterious organization called beyond.
    More than likely this is all just gonna lead up to Peter breaking out of his depression, becoming Spider-Man again, and saving Ben from whatever mess he's gonna find himself in because of Beyond.
    So I'm not too worried, this is all clear set up for Peter's triumphant return.
    If they really wanted us to think this would last for a significant amount of time why wouldn't make it clear Peter is still around, just working through personal issues, and that Ben is working with some weird corporation like that ever turns out well in comics.
    Last edited by Metro; 06-25-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    Let's just be real here
    We know this starts with Peter depressed and Ben working with some mysterious organization called beyond.
    More than likely this is all just gonna lead up to Peter breaking out of his depression, becoming Spider-Man again, and saving Ben from whatever mess he's gonna find himself in because of Beyond.
    If they really wanted us to think this would last for a significant amount of time why wouldn't make it clear Peter is still around, just working through personal issues, and that Ben is working with some weird corporation like that ever turns out well in comics.
    This all makes sense. I agree with you on that. It’s just like with Sam-Cap and Jane-Thor. It’s helping build up, honestly, BOTH characters. One gets time in the spotlight, to maybe help grow the fan base, while the other will have their own magnificent return back to their original role. I see it as growth for BOTH characters.

Let's just be real here
    Not saying that everything you are saying isn’t a possibility. I think the issue , for me at least is that Spencer has some significant periods of time in his run where Peter is treated almost as a secondary character. Now we have this “Beyond” story and it seems like Peter will take a back seat again. It just seems like forever since ASM actually revolved around and focused on Peter Parker/ Spider-man.

Extraordinary Member

Let's just be real here
    Sounds good.
    I hope it's this and not Ben comes to get Peter out of his mess but the other way around.
    Also Zeb wells is amazing on hellions and can manage multiple characters well.
    If he gets Peter and MJ down this may just work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Not saying that everything you are saying isn’t a possibility. I think the issue , for me at least is that Spencer has some significant periods of time in his run where Peter is treated almost as a secondary character. Now we have this “Beyond” story and it seems like Peter will take a back seat again. It just seems like forever since ASM actually revolved around and focused on Peter Parker/ Spider-man.
    This.
    This storyline on top of it's already massive flaws and red flags is coming at the worst possible time.

Astonishing Member

Because that's the premise.
    The twist will be in the beyond corp and that Ben in being manipulated.
    That’s not a twist. That’s expected. Everyone knows Beyond is shady based on its appearances in other books.

This.
    This storyline on top of it's already massive flaws and red flags is coming at the worst possible time.
    hasnt even come out yet how does it already have massive flaws
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy