Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Wondering what it means that they listed 4 writers but only 1 artist
    Maybe Spencer was supposed to stay on until 900 and this was his plan so they need 4 writers to cover for him since they didn't have one available ....and they are slowing production to fit in their schedules so they only need one artist now........ LOL. Oh that would be sad.

gleason writes comics
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

It means ASM will have multiple writers like in Brand New Day. They had rotating writers for a couple of years, then one of them, Dan Slott, took over full time.

And yeah, it's actually FIVE writers and one artist as Gleason can do both, he was a co-writer and artist on Tomasi's Superman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wow, so this will be the next ASM run then. I wonder if it will be rotating writing and art teams like the BND braintrust. That worked for the schedule they want the series coming out on imo, that way it isn't too much of a strain on one writer and art team. It's the best kind of compromise so Marvel gets their ASM out almost every friggin week but it also hopefully means the quality doesn't suffer.

Also I'm here for the Ben Reilly supremacy. Just a shame we don't really seem to do much interesting stuff with Peter Parker anymore, killing him again and again is not interesting (presumably, what do I know)
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 06-23-2021 at 02:36 PM.

I think it would be cool if this was more like a classic Spectacular/Peter Parker/FNSM/Amazing set of interconnected books

This is the moment i can go back to collect Marvel books again, it looks like. Ben Reilly is my favorite Marvel characters and i'm all for this!

Although, i hope Peter doesn't die.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Whatever this "Spider-Man Beyond" is, I'm here for it. I'm here for damn near anything Spider-Man, and since a lot of his similarly branded/themed spinoffs introduced over the years have been left to fall by the proverbial wayside without any significant follow-up or a decent wrap-up . . . well, I'm hoping this brings some of the better or at least more promising ones back into the spotlight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Interesting. Could be a Batman Beyond kind of situation where Peter gives up or isn't capable of being Spider-man any more, not necessarily dead, so Ben takes over. Wasn't the tag line for Spencer's final issue something like "no victory comes without great cost"? A break from being Spider-man might be the best thing for Peter (and fandom) right now.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Interesting. Could be a Batman Beyond kind of situation where Peter gives up or isn't capable of being Spider-man any more, not necessarily dead, so Ben takes over. Wasn't the tag line for Spencer's final issue something like "no victory comes without great cost"? A break from being Spider-man might be the best thing for Peter (and fandom) right now.
    Hmm, maybe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It means ASM will have multiple writers like in Brand New Day. They had rotating writers for a couple of years, then one of them, Dan Slott, took over full time.

And yeah, it's actually FIVE writers and one artist as Gleason can do both, he was a co-writer and artist on Tomasi's Superman.
    He also plotted parts of his Batman & Robin run with Tomasi. In fact, the best arc ("The Big Burn") was his idea -- he wanted to do Batman's take on Kraven's Last Hunt.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I like Ben, but does this really feel like the time to do his Spider-Man tenure over again? With, like, no build up?

BANNED

Ben Reilly is proof positive to how no matter how the wallet votes, a white male character will keep getting second chances over those who have proven themselves.

He failed and sunk the Clone Saga.
    The Clone Conspiracy was another failure and disappointment.
    And now here he comes as a star attraction for the interlude caretaker Spider-Event between Spencer's run and the one that comes next.

While Mayday Parker/Spider-Girl the first (and so far only) Marvel female superhero to reach 100 issues in an ongoing is indefinitely shelved even if she was the more successful story/character to come out of the 2nd Clone Saga.

peter solves the kindred plot in 875. 25 issues of Ben in control? Peter returns in 900?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    peter solves the kindred plot in 875. 25 issues of Ben in control? Peter returns in 900?
    That's about it, I think.

It might be that Marvel is keeping ASM on hold for a writer to take over. Might be Cates, might be Zdarsky, or alternately maybe they'll toss it to one of the new writers in the current crop and give them the keys like they did with Slott (who wasn't the first choice to take over ASM after BND).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    I am still of the opinion, and that is what it is opinion, that this is an AU story ( and one that actually looks exciting). While I have mentioned before that Peter needs a break ( maybe a six month timeline jump to simply rest his body ( and more importantly) his mind and get his doctorate and reconnect with MJ ( all of which can be done from one issue to the next)), That said, I would be shocked if Marvel decided to use Ben instead of Miles as a replacement Spider-Man and that lasted for more than one issue.