Page 59 of 134 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Ben did have some pretty great villains. Kaine, obviously, was his number one villain and the coolest of them all -- but like the Spidey/Venom relationship, the Ben/Kaine relationship is much less antagonistic these days. So other than Kaine, the Ben-centric villains I'd most like to see return are...

1) Lady Ock
    2) Joystick
    3) Armada

Of course, nostalgia itself isn't enough reason to reintroduce them; hopefully any number of them are reimagined with new purpose related to the Beyond Corp status quo.

-Pav, who loved the weird relationship Armada had with his robots...
    Lady Ock really needs to pop back up with Otto back running around (she should have popped up during Superior SM). Joystick was last seen being tossed into that prison in the Negative Zone, wasn't she? Yeah, she is due a return.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Lady Ock really needs to pop back up with Otto back running around (she should have popped up during Superior SM). Joystick was last seen being tossed into that prison in the Negative Zone, wasn't she? Yeah, she is due a return.
    Yeah, I would have liked to see her try to "avenge" Doctor Octopus against Spider-Man, not knowing that "Spider-Man" was actually Doctor Octopus in Spidey's body, or show up as soon as the Superior Spider-Man's true identity as Doctor Octopus was revealed near the end of the second Superior Spider-Man series. And yes, I'd just love to see more Joystick, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I would have liked to see her try to "avenge" Doctor Octopus against Spider-Man, not knowing that "Spider-Man" was actually Doctor Octopus in Spidey's body, or show up as soon as the Superior Spider-Man's true identity as Doctor Octopus was revealed near the end of the second Superior Spider-Man series. And yes, I'd just love to see more Joystick, too.
    Imagine Arcade and Joystick working together? That's a winning combination...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Imagine Arcade and Joystick working together? That's a winning combination...
    Arcade with a new Murderworld and Joystick as his right-hand woman testing it out for thrills? Yeah, I could see that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-13-2021 at 09:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

New art for beyond
    Looks like Spider-man and Ben vs U-foes

https://twitter.com/carlos_esconde/s...370690/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E6N7xmqU...name=4096x4096

Tweet wasn't working but this image link should work. Arthur Adams is doing covers for this run, I wonder if this is a variant because I thought we already saw his 75 cover (Peter in the hospital bed). It's cool seeing them both swinging again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Tweet wasn't working but this image link should work. Arthur Adams is doing covers for this run, I wonder if this is a variant because I thought we already saw his 75 cover (Peter in the hospital bed). It's cool seeing them both swinging again.
    Damn.... it was working before.Thanks for the link

Yeah this looks nice.Everything else from covers to promos is giving a vs vibe with Peter going down(for like the 10th time).
    But this looks cool.A variant for the U foes is possible but Spider-men(the og Spider-men) vs U-foes seems cool

Hopefully this artwork is representative of things to come regarding Peter and Ben's relationship.

But I miss the wrist web-shooters on Ben; they immediately help to differentiate him from Peter, along with the bigger spider. And if they're going to be in costume together, I think it's important for Ben's costume to stand out.

One reason why I loved Ben's Scarlet costume is the way the colors work in contrast with the original Spidey costume, in terms of placement of red and blue. Always loved the symbolism of that -- but it also just looked good on the page when they were in costume together!

-Pav, who doesn't dislike the new costume...

EDIT: At least he's not going back to that ugly Spidercide With Hood costume!!!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I don't understand why they had to change Ben’s Spidey suit, which was the definition of perfection.

Incredible Member

The more I look at Ben’s new suit the more I dig it. The only thing I wish that stayed true to his original was the arms, and exposed webshooters and gloves.

I don't have anything against Ben's new costume. I mean, they should leave the webbing cartridges outside. Other than that, it looks okay. Kind of like a mix between Superior's Second Costume with Parker Industries era one.

I wonder if Ben return means, we can finally have Spider-Daddy in 616. Imagine if baby May shows up (yeah, I know she won't).

Ben finally graduated to full Spider boots and gloves.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

This looks like it takes place in the Spidey universe.

Extraordinary Member

And so begins the Spidey getting beaten up and humiliating.Yeah I have a bad feeling about this

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...8361-21800.jpg