Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And so begins the Spidey getting beaten up and humiliating.Yeah I have a bad feeling about this

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...8361-21800.jpg
    i mean he is in a hospital bed for one of the covers. I am just wondering what the ufoes are going here i could have sworn hulk just kill a few of them in his run a few months ago
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i mean he is in a hospital bed for one of the covers. I am just wondering what the ufoes are going here i could have sworn hulk just kill a few of them in his run a few months ago
    I know but there are better ways to do that.
    This ain't it.

Maybe we are just getting u-foes variants covers?Maybe they'll be back before IM or maybe they are multi-versal shenanigans courtesy of Beyond corp?

I mean I would have loved to see Peter outsmart and science the ever-loving heck out of the U-foes.But instead lets just beat him up some more and humiliate him and have Ben save the day.

I mean we saw DD get beaten up and recover in Zdarsky run beginning and the run before that.That's how you do a physically beaten out of commission story.Not this plot contrived replacement sh*t.

Astonishing Member

I thought the reason because Peter is in a hospital bed is because the final consequence of his battle against Kindred and the "Sinister Army". What other reason could be?

And so begins the Spidey getting beaten up and humiliating.Yeah I have a bad feeling about this

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/a/upl...8361-21800.jpg
    Nice Frenz cover. I think between this and the Adams cover with the Ufoes on them both they're the villains in 75 and they probably kick Spidey's ass and put him out of commission lol.

Maybe the Beyond Corporation arranged stuff around so this happens thinking they can kill the original Spidey and trick their own Spidey to working for them but it backfires as Peter doesn't die outright like they expect him to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Nice Frenz cover. I think between this and the Adams cover with the Ufoes on them both they're the villains in 75 and they probably kick Spidey's ass and put him out of commission lol.

Maybe the Beyond Corporation arranged stuff around so this happens thinking they can kill the original Spidey and trick their own Spidey to working for them but it backfires as Peter doesn't die outright like they expect him to.
    It doesn't have sense. I believe the reason for Peter's beating was because of Kindred's actions. As in, Spider-Man recovers his marriage with Mary Jane, but not without a price. In this case, a beating that leaves Peter trapped in limbo between life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It doesn't have sense. I believe the reason for Peter's beating was because of Kindred's actions. As in, Spider-Man recovers his marriage with Mary Jane, but not without a price. In this case, a beating that leaves Peter trapped in limbo between life and death.
    It could go either way. Either Spencer's run ends on more of a happy note with Peter at least being aware of all this stuff, or he gets seriously injured there and it ends. We've seen several covers now of Spidey and Ben together with the uFoes which makes me think Peter comes out of Spencer's run alright despite the onslaught of grief in Sinister War and the Beyond creative team roughs Peter up right out of the gate instead.

Astonishing Member

It could go either way. Either Spencer's run ends on more of a happy note with Peter at least being aware of all this stuff, or he gets seriously injured there and it ends. We've seen several covers now of Spidey and Ben together with the uFoes which makes me think Peter comes out of Spencer's run alright despite the onslaught of grief in Sinister War and the Beyond creative team roughs Peter up right out of the gate instead.
    It would be against everything that "Parker Luck" stands for. Even if Peter manages to win, there's no way he will come out of this unscratched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It would be against everything that "Parker Luck" stands for. Even if Peter manages to win, there's no way he will come out of this unscratched.
    Well, yeah. We know Peter is going to be out of commission soon. The question is it a mere ASM #74 or an ASM #75?

Could be a case of Peter seems to win and have a happy ending only just to get wrecked the next issue completely unrelated. That feels like a Mephisto kind of price to me.

Astonishing Member

Well, yeah. We know Peter is going to be out of commission soon. The question is it a mere ASM #74 or an ASM #75?

Could be a case of Peter seems to win and have a happy ending only just to get wrecked the next issue completely unrelated. That feels like a Mephisto kind of price to me.
    True. Even so, I don't see Peter getting such a beating from the U-Foes, especially when it has no sense they were causing troubles when they recentally ended up badly in "Immortal Hulk".

Anyway, I believe Spider-Man will join the Avengers at some point in the near future, basically because they all have business with Mephisto. It would be interesting if, between the Avengers 1000000 a.C., they also had Anansi (the African's Spider God who is connected to Spider-Man somehow).

Extraordinary Member

Which is such trashy writing if it's the latter.
    I swear they really are gonna ruin everything Spencer set up for them.

Probably. I believe that Kindreds story end with emotional fallout for Peter, be it his inability to save Harry or remembering the deal. The guilt will be so big, he gets beaten in 75 and hangs his webs for a while.

That's when Ben comes into the picture, Peter is hesitant but he will get over Jackal stuff, and they become brothers again.

It's kinda like in Clone Saga in the 90's

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Probably. I believe that Kindreds story end with emotional fallout for Peter, be it his inability to save Harry or remembering the deal. The guilt will be so big, he gets beaten in 75 and hangs his webs for a while.

That's when Ben comes into the picture, Peter is hesitant but he will get over Jackal stuff, and they become brothers again.

It's kinda like in Clone Saga in the 90's
    I mean this sounds half-way decent(I mean just have him take a break at the end of 74 or start 75, there's no need for a physical fight, that and the entire point of Spider-man is too rise up from the weight on his shoulder no matter how high, yet there gonna do this sh*t).

But you kinda skip on the fact that he seems to have physically fatal injuries(they say so and the covers) and they are setting up a rivalry of sorts.I don't think this will be a reunion type thing.

Also any idea when we get Marvel solicits?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I mean this sounds half-way decent(I mean just have him take a break at the end of 74 or start 75, there's no need for a physical fight, that and the entire point of Spider-man is too rise up from the weight on his shoulder no matter how high, yet there gonna do this sh*t).

But you kinda skip on the fact that he seems to have physically fatal injuries(they say so and the covers) and they are setting up a rivalry of sorts.I don't think this will be a reunion type thing.

Also any idea when we get Marvel solicits?
    I'm guessing the solicits for October 2021 will come sometime next week, probably around Thursday.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Huntsman Spider;5636163]I'm guessing the solicits for October 2021 will come sometime next week, probably around Thursday.[/QUOTE
    One very interesting question is who is Ben going to fight? Three obvious contenders based on not seeing them in Amazing for awhile are: 1: Carnage. 2: Kingsley. 3: Jackal. I hope I am wrong but my betting is on Jackal. Why? 1: The Clone aspect to this. 2: I think there has been a lot of Goblin stuff during Spencer’s run and Carnage has been used a lot ( except in Amazing), while Jackal was only used in Ghost Spider
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 07-16-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Hulk never killed U-Foes, which is quite sad (was expecting him to do so). He just badly injured two of them.