Page 62 of 134 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Great covers from a real pro. I've felt that this volume's covers have really been lacking. A lot of Amazing's recent covers are either more like pin-ups with little to do with the story inside the covers or they're unnecessarily cluttered. That cover to ASM #77 is a thing of beauty. Simple but effective and it gets away from the side by side face off shot they've used 3 times in this volume alone (issues 3, 39, 52)

Extraordinary Member

Yeah F*ck this sh*t I'm out

Atleast we know Spencer has nothing to do with this.

They really said ben is the "new and improved Spidey".

So, 75-Intro of ben and maybe a look at the new villain.U foes's fight Spidey and matvel uses PIS to humiliate him.Then Ben comes to the rescue.

76-Spidey goes down in a fight with the new villain.A good dosage of shilling the wesley seems likely

77-Ben vs new villain.

In all honesty I just hope they leave Peter and his supporting cast out of this.They will already humiliate him in the start just leave them out of this.
    The last thing we need is MJ and May declaring Ben is the better Spider-man(which marvel just did), and a Black Cat romance.

They made it sound like Peter was gonna face the biggest weight ever, one he couldn't.This seems like killing a fan fave strong character(who also happens to be the main but Marvel doesn't get we read Spider-man for Spider-man) to hype up the villain and then have him fight Ben.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-20-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Mighty Member

So i've reached the point, reading the October solicitations, where I have begun to unintentionally wither my own hype for this by imagining the "other shoe" that will inevitably drop, Sword of Damocles style, on poor Ben's noggin. I am now fearing, with no evidence whatsoever, that Marvel is going to actively make Ben the villain in this again. Actively aiding Beyond Corp and whatever they do to Pete.

See what Marvel has done to me? Lol. I can't even get excited about the return of my favorite Spider-Man without Clone Conspiracy PTSD kicking in!

Though the new look is growing on me the more I see it. I found a cool variation on DeviantArt from someone who made some minor tweaks that make it feel more Reilly-esque to me. But I'm genuinely digging the look now. It feels somewhat artist dependent.

October is going to be a looong wait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    So i've reached the point, reading the October solicitations, where I have begun to unintentionally wither my own hype for this by imagining the "other shoe" that will inevitably drop, Sword of Damocles style, on poor Ben's noggin. I am now fearing, with no evidence whatsoever, that Marvel is going to actively make Ben the villain in this again. Actively aiding Beyond Corp and whatever they do to Pete.

See what Marvel has done to me? Lol. I can't even get excited about the return of my favorite Spider-Man without Clone Conspiracy PTSD kicking in!

Though the new look is growing on me the more I see it. I found a cool variation on DeviantArt from someone who made some minor tweaks that make it feel more Reilly-esque to me. But I'm genuinely digging the look now. It feels somewhat artist dependent.

Heh...

Atleast there's a chance they'll do it right.
    Peter's already f*cked and worse part is this is right after our OMD conclusion.Instead of dealing with the aftermath(last issue will have reveals) we move onto this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Heh...

Atleast there's a chance they'll do it right.
    Peter's already f*cked and worse part is this is right after our OMD conclusion.Instead of dealing with the aftermath(last issue will have reveals) we move onto this.
    Questions: 1: Do we actually get an OMD conclusion? 2: How much of this arc will be Ben? I would read a good action packed Spider-Man story, even if it means Peter alive but removed from the book. But what I do not want is half the comic being about Ben and half being a soap opera plot with will Peter live or die? Or worse Peter dying yet again ( knowing he will return by ASM 900).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Indeed. I can definitely understand that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Questions: 1: Do we actually get an OMD conclusion? 2: How much of this arc will be Ben? I would read a good action packed Spider-Man story, even if it means Peter alive but removed from the book. But what I do not want is half the comic being about Ben and half being a soap opera plot with will Peter live or die? Or worse Peter dying yet again ( knowing he will return by ASM 900).
    1)I'm 99% sure.
    2)Most of it.
    Issue one will be Ben's intro and Peter will be "killed" in issue 2.Then it's ben's story.

The idea being bad aside, the timing is the worst possible.

3)Yeah, I do want Peter being in a batman omega beams type situation at the very least with beyond.I don't want his "death" to be just normal.

1)I'm 99% sure.
    2)Most of it.
    Issue one will be Ben's intro and Peter will be "killed" in issue 2.Then it's ben's story.

3)Yeah, I do want Peter being in a batman omega beams type situation at the very least with beyond.I don't want his "death" to be just normal.
    Peter cycling through the Web of Life and Destiny, ricocheting across time and space as he makes his way back to the present, would be an interesting way to go.

Astonishing Member

1)I'm 99% sure.
    2)Most of it.

We have been through Peter dying and being replaced in Superior, and coming back then getting killed by Kindred. This is basically meh to me. The one way it can work is Peter is so banged up ( physically and mentally) he takes a vacation away from New York of about 10 issues ( enough time to do some decent Ben stories ( Otto ( especially) and Kingsley would work nice) and at the same time allow Peter to heal). By the way why Otto versus Ben? To have the two replacement Spider-Men fight and see who is well Superior?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Peter cycling through the Web of Life and Destiny, ricocheting across time and space as he makes his way back to the present, would be an interesting way to go.
    If they did like RoBW with a different artist appropriate for each time period, I think that would be epic. Probably not what's happening, but someone ought to save that for later use (especially since Mephisto can mess with time, apparently)

We have been through Peter dying and being replaced in Superior, and coming back then getting killed by Kindred. This is basically meh to me. The one way it can work is Peter is so banged up ( physically and mentally) he takes a vacation away from New York of about 10 issues ( enough time to do some decent Ben stories ( Otto ( especially) and Kingsley would work nice) and at the same time allow Peter to heal). By the way why Otto versus Ben? To have the two replacement Spider-Men fight and see who is well Superior?
    As you say, Peter being replaced in a similar manner to Superior is pretty boring, and I find it hard to believe that this many writers jumped on to write a derivative story from something so recent. I think a real Knightfall/Knightquest kind of thing for Peter - not just recuperation, but also needing some sort of quest (either spiritual, physical, or both) that takes him away from NY for a bit - is more likely (but not definite). As to who Ben should face, Kingsley would be one of the few rogues that Peter has faced that Ben never has (I count anyone Peter faced before he was cloned as someone Ben has faced, as well). Plus, Kingsley arming up bad guys would fit perfectly as an antagonist for a Spider-man working with Beyond.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member

Yes.
    We just did superior and also got death of Spider-man in ultimate verse in the past decade or so.

Like we just want good Peter stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah.Maybe beyond got him killed for ben and their overall plan.

But Peter finds a way back to save the day.
    Kinda cliche but in a good way

If we end up with new Scarlet Spider series, it's gonna be worth it.
    I wonder what role Kaine plays in all of this. Last I remember he was on bad terms with Ben and kinda good with Peter. Is that clone degeneration nonsense still a thing?

Yeah.Maybe beyond got him killed for ben and their overall plan.

But Peter finds a way back to save the day.
    Kinda cliche but in a good way
    Thanks. Glad you like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    If we end up with new Scarlet Spider series, it's gonna be worth it.
    I wonder what role Kaine plays in all of this. Last I remember he was on bad terms with Ben and kinda good with Peter. Is that clone degeneration nonsense still a thing?
    Hmm, that is a good question. I hope he shows up again at some point, since Spider-Geddon was rather ambiguous on where he'd end up afterward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hbomb450 View Post
    Great covers from a real pro. I've felt that this volume's covers have really been lacking. A lot of Amazing's recent covers are either more like pin-ups with little to do with the story inside the covers or they're unnecessarily cluttered. That cover to ASM #77 is a thing of beauty. Simple but effective and it gets away from the side by side face off shot they've used 3 times in this volume alone (issues 3, 39, 52)
    So... like they were in the 90s/early 2000s?