Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    If this is a Brand New Day situation, I believe that makes Kelly Thompson the first woman writer to have any extended run on the main Amazing title.
    That would be interesting to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

iMan 42s

Not really much to say about Beyond corp. If you didn't read Nextwave or Avengers it means little aside from Multiverse. And frankly given the release date of the film it's likely tie-in material as much as anyone on the book wanting to admit. It's like Spider-man fighting Electro in 2014 or putting the black costume back on in 2007, we all know why we're here and otherwise the temporary status-quo change is the important bit.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

If this isn't some kind of fake out or classic Marvel trolling of their fan base, and they are actually doing something with Ben then I am so very, very in. If it's Ben as Spider-Man (even A Spider-Man, rather than THE Spider-Man, which feels like a no brainer at this point) even better.

I've waited 20 damn years for this character to finally get his due again. He'll always be my Spider-Man.

But it's Marvel, and Ben Reilly. I'm not holding my breath.

That said, some of the Miles 10th anniversary stuff looks quite cool. Never a problem with seeing more great Miles stories. As somebody said upthread, he really is the most successful "legacy" type character Spider-Man has ever produced. One of Bendis' true home runs.

Fantastic Member

I really hope it's a relaunch plan in the fashion of Hickman's X-staff with multiple titles and staff on each rotating around. Spidey has a big enough extended universe of characters that it could work very easily.

Reilly though... Miles is right there and already Spidey. Seems pretty goofy to tag in the guy who holds a title of universal flop character to fill in for Parker, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That would be interesting to see.
    I say "extended" because I know Fiona Avery did some issues during JMS' tenure, and I believe Ann Nocenti did a fill in issue (don't know if that's accurate). That being said, if it is BND 2.0 then she still wouldn't be the sole writer, which is a distinction worth making.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    never heard of them what are they known for?
    They're... weird.

Here's their profile in the Marvel Database.

For the sake of simplicity, they're a evil multiversal group that does things just for trolling, bascially.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Looks like it is

Ben to replace Peter while he marries MJ hopefully.

Still think we can have Married Spider-Man now that Miles is the young single Spider-Man.

I'd be pretty shocked if Marvel decided to have Ben replace Peter again especially given that they have no real familial relationship like they had during the CS but i guess we'll see. My question if they do indeed go this route is would the fandom now give Ben a fair shot that with it being established beyond the shadow of a doubt that he's the clone?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    If this isn't some kind of fake out or classic Marvel trolling of their fan base, and they are actually doing something with Ben then I am so very, very in. If it's Ben as Spider-Man (even A Spider-Man, rather than THE Spider-Man, which feels like a no brainer at this point) even better.

I've waited 20 damn years for this character to finally get his due again. He'll always be my Spider-Man.

But it's Marvel, and Ben Reilly. I'm not holding my breath.

That said, some of the Miles 10th anniversary stuff looks quite cool. Never a problem with seeing more great Miles stories. As somebody said upthread, he really is the most successful "legacy" type character Spider-Man has ever produced. One of Bendis' true home runs.
    I am 100% onboard and I generally consider myself a Marvel skeptic. Why? We actually might be getting the end of OMD, the end of Peter as a loser and Peter and MJ as a couple ( with no more Cindy, Carlie and other inferior love interests). If that happens I do not care who is the temporary Spider-Man: It could be Ben, Miles, Otto or even Cindy ( well maybe not her). I for one will be very happy.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am 100% onboard and I generally consider myself a Marvel skeptic. Why? We actually might be getting the end of OMD, the end of Peter as a loser and Peter and MJ as a couple ( with no more Cindy, Carlie and other inferior love interests). If that happens I do not care who is the temporary Spider-Man: It could be Ben, Miles, Otto or even Cindy ( well maybe not her). I for one will be very happy.
    I look at stuff like today, and I look at Marvel's history with Ben Reilly, and all I can think to do is go find the Avengers: Endgame Hawkeye meme.

Don't do that Marvel. Don't give me hope.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Anyone know the exact time Marvel will reveal the information tomorrow?

Or they just said they'll revealed it tomorrow without any specfic time?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    I say "extended" because I know Fiona Avery did some issues during JMS' tenure, and I believe Ann Nocenti did a fill in issue (don't know if that's accurate). That being said, if it is BND 2.0 then she still wouldn't be the sole writer, which is a distinction worth making.
    She did a few issues, yeah, like a three-part arc across the then-concurrent Spider-Man titles (Amazing, Spectacular, and Web of) called "Welcome to the Mad Dog Ward," which tackled the mistreatment of the mentally ill through the plotline of a somewhat amnesiac Spider-Man being forced into a hospital for the mentally ill as cover for a villainous scheme, and a two-part arc in Spectacular that had him take on Typhoid/Bloody Mary, the villain she created in her Daredevil run. Louise Simonson also did Amazing Spider-Man Annual #19, which focused on Mary Jane and had the first appearance of Alistair Smythe, who would go on over the years to become a much more formidable foe for Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Could definitely see this being a general line wide relaunch- something like Ahmed staying on Miles, Wells on a new Ben book, Gleason on a Peter book, Thompson on a SM team-up book and Ziglar on ... pick one of Kaine, Silk, Anya, or other.

Or Beyond is a HOXPOX style start to a new heavily-interconnected line of books
    Thompson would be more likely to write Anya, as she's already using her in Black Widow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Mayday isn't even a fetus yet.
    Actually, Mayday's debut story was the answer to this question: "What if Mary Jane had never lost the baby, and Spider-Man had a Spider-Girl?" In the main continuity, she was miscarried. In what became the MC2 universe, she was born and grew up to become Spider-Girl. So, she was a fetus, but died.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Damn, I thought the Spiderman Unlimited cartoon was making a comeback under a different name
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, Mayday's debut story was the answer to this question: "What if Mary Jane had never lost the baby, and Spider-Man had a Spider-Girl?" In the main continuity, she was miscarried. In what became the MC2 universe, she was born and grew up to become Spider-Girl. So, she was a fetus, but died.
    I'd have thought One More Day erased her from existence. I guess I should just say she's dead, though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd have thought One More Day erased her from existence. I guess I should just say she's dead, though.
    I think the best description is "she unhappened."
    Blue text denotes sarcasm